• Tweets

• Only trying to help.  Ain't being nasty.  Some
    • Hi folks, I've just found previous documentation. I thought it had gone missing. I'd forgotten that I did appeal it through POPLA but I can't find the thread on here that, I assume, I posted for help. Appeal letter is dated 27/10/2020 with a rejection. I genuinely had forgotten about this so apologies for misleading you. A lot has happened in the years since the ticket was issued. We closed down a couple of businesses and moved to the opposite end of the country to retire. The documents I have are scanned copies. I no longer have the originals. If there's anything you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll post them, although it probably won't be until tomorrow now, but I'll be looking in on this page tonight. Thank you for the responses so far :)
    • Hello! After emailing them I received this reply:   I have drafted the following, please would you be able to comment as to if you think it is correct/sufficient? "Thank you for your email.   Thanks you for confirming that the vehicle does not have these features as stated in the advertisement.    I am sure you are aware that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides the short term right to reject within 30 days. Statutory rights cannot be taken away from a consumer, and any attempt to do so is illegal.   Please can you advise how best to return the vehicle?" Thanks in advance!
    • I find that highly disrespectful Sir/Madam just so you know.
    • Not quite sure what you are trying to say but anyway please could you avoid posting solid blocks of text because it is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially if they are using small screen such as telephones. I have restructured your post above. Properly spaced and punctuated please. Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

talk talk broadband issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i hve discovered today that i was swicth to talk talk broadband without even me knowing anything about it !

A month agos i signed for their landline phone to which i agreed , the order never stipulated a phone + broadband package only phone.

a week agos i received a router from them to my surprise . so i rang them up telling them that i am not interested intheir braodband package and they told me not to worry if was free with my phone order and i could keep it if i decided to join them.

i am/was with O2 unlimited we had a few problem with biling issue which was sorted with them.

talk talk keep telling us that we can't cancelled the broadband etc.....

whne i rang up O2 they told me that i haven't requested any cancellation whatsoever bu tthey also said that the conenction was cancelled so but by whom they don't know ? Moreover i was still within my 12 month contract with O2

I just don't know what to do i feel like i was conned by them since they have hicjacked my broadband connection..so what are my option available ?

thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Option :-

Here is the TalkTalk Code of Practice:-

http://media.talktalk.co.uk/sites/TalkTalk/Static/Legal/Code-Of-Practice/Code_of_Practice.pdf . This is how they recomend you complain to them.

I'd say contact them by writing in the 1st instance explaining that they have slammed you. You can obviously take them to small claims court for the sum that it will cost you to return to your original supplier (including any cancelation fees) so you can also put them on 14 days notice that you intend to take them to small claims court.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi phat.

I know Talktalk have went the wrong way about this and you are right to complain. On the other hand, you are getting free broadband, and you say you had a few billing issues with O2. I have been with Talktalk for about 3 years now and never had any problems. The only drawback here in Northern Ireland is that I don't get free BB. I am on the top landline package and that plus BB is costing about the same or less than BT's option 2 + BB. I can't see me ever going back to BT. So far I have never paid more than £35 per month (some 0845 numebrs).

By all means complain about the way Talktalk have handled this, but weigh up the pros and cons before rejecting their BB completely.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

I was assuming the contract with O2 had ended. Still worng of Talktalk to assume that everyone will automatically want their BB service.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

thank you all fro your support and i apologize for not answering earlier on too many beer during christmas ! lol

i reported talk talk to OFT and trading standard as they are adamant that they have my "express consent" by phone however when i query to have a copy to fit they want me to pay 10 pounds for the pleasure ( Subject Access Request).

i wenty on to post mesage on thier forum and although i seem as a pretty angry customer because i was only reacting to theirt very insulting adn abusive customer services ! they gave a me a pretty good run over the phone.

however i am not happy with that as why should i pay for them to redress something they have done without my consent ?

when i tried to cancel first they told me i coudln't as i was into a contract with them ( which one i don't know) when i look at their term and condition online it mentioned 30 days or so to cancel the broadband services but they are denying this also .. saying ome that it 's not possible as i am on LLU and so forth .....

anyway i am waitring to get paid so i can go to BT, free of charge ( thanks to bt ) f they will arange "a return to donor" after i have explained my situation. i dare i say it BT were very nice on the phone and very helpful sao all in all i will cancel everything as i fell they are "bamboozled" me ( if it is a word that is ! lol)

i also reported them to OFCOM .. but talk talk don't really care their answer " what are you trying to justify by reporting us ?" well typical form this kind of company ......... my next step is to report them to OTelo in 12 week s time as advised by OFCOM.

OFT told me that the fact i have no signed contract with them they should have not done this .....

• 2 weeks later...

a bit of an update i have sent a letter of complaint to them last year well in the beginign of december 2008 still no answer and they have no sign of them even though it was sent recorded delivery ......

then i sent a SAR letter adn i informed tham that i intend to take them to court for my money back and here we go now i have a phoen call but gain they said they haven't received any letter from me ......

anyway next week i will be swrtich back to BT do i have to informed in writing that they have breached they contract and so i am cancelling the services ? BT told me to do nothing and wait ......

Well if it's in their t&c's then how can they say that's not the case. Maybe the person you spoke to needs to learn to read or should have gone to specsavers.:D:D

Paid in full in March 07

poh ys i know that this is why i contacted OFT and trading standard.. they kepp telling telling me i can find my contract aka term and condition on their website by following their little "icons"..

nevermind the oft was very interested why in the first place i did not have a contract sent to me ! but t she denied this again saying this widely availaible on the net i just need to follow the link ..( whatever that mean).

i told her that one of her customer adviser tell me the contract was for 12 month and the other one told me for 18 month.

she mentioned to me that she will contact me in 2/3 days regarding my SAR by phone to conisider the evidence she gather but i replied saying she must not bother until i have seen them first hand

anyway she mentioned as well they were worried that the fact could not get their services and they will offer me a SMALL compensation but i will be still liable for disconection charge whatever the outcome of my complaint ...

• 3 months later...

yes normally but you are dealing with talk talk whre common sense does not rule ! i have told them that ... i todl them they renot deliveing no services at all....etc.... but they didn't care.

Hi, Here in Northern Ireland we have to pay for our broadband from talktalk. A couple of months ago the price went up to £12.99 pm. I didn't get any notification of this, which I believe is actually mentioned in the contract. When I brought this up in a recent phone call I got the usual "oh you should have received a letter about this".

Has anyone else seen prices go up without the statutory notice? Would a complaint to the OFT or OFCOM be in order?

Paid in full in March 07