hardship-natwest

linzih
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi every 1 just new to this.....when i first joined 2days ago i was waitin 4 a reply from natwest to say if they wud consider lifting the stay on my claim for charges due to hardship.....got the letter yesterday after waiting 3 weeks to tell me they didnt consider me fiting the criteria for hardship and my claim is put on hold till after the test case.:evil:

i find this realy dishearting as i made sure i read the statements from the fsa and loads more info on hardship cases before puting in for it,and fited 5 of the situations out of 9 that the fsa states in the waiver you to fit the criteria for hardship.natwest didnt even bother to tell me in the letter why i didnt fit it just said THEY didnt think i was in financial hardship.....iam so mad!!!!!!........can any 1 help me with wat 2 do next if there is anything i can do that is.i wud be greatfull for all help n info.

Linzih, before you responded to NatWest did you read the FSA Waiver(it's on my signature) especially Annex 2?

I would write once more time but this time, add the areas on Annex 2 that you believe mean you are in financial hardship. NatWest do not seem to refund charges unless there is extreme hardship however, they may suspend charges until the conclusion of the OFT test case. If they still turn you down then you can go to the Financial Ombudsman Service to take a second look at it.

Hope that helps but if not, post again, and I am sure you will get the advice you need.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

hi,yb..had read the waiver & down loaded it from your signature (thanks for that)i have wrote to natwest again & sent the waiver defineing hardship and highlighted the parts which i think come under.so iam just waiting for a response now...hopefully not long now sent it monday asking them to reply in 10days otherwise i would be writing to the fos....will let u no how i get on

• 1 month later...

hi all sorry its took so long to post again but with xmas and every thing ijust didnt have the time........well i send back off to narwest claiming hardship with copys of the wavier and copys of court judgement surspending my eviction and fineal demands and bailiffs notice for council tax.i stated that i would like to no why they didnt find me in hardship and if not my next step would be going to FOS for advice and gusse wat week after xmas got the same letter back with all my document in telling me to go to the FOS and had 5 more charges on my account since xmas arhhhhhhhhh.ive been waiting to see what the out come of the test case was before i went any further with this but the way thing are going it'll be going on for a lot longer yet....iam thinking i sould just goahead and file a complaint with the OFS just wanted to update every one and see if any one had any advice before i do it.

thanks.x

to be fair i think you should complain and call their bluff. What I would say is that even if they do finally say you are in financial hardship they are not obliged to pay you a penny, but it should at least stop further charges