Kibby v Capital One **WON**

kibby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lodged claim and got my court papers dated 12 november. they say that capital one have until the 23rd of december to pay me and if they dont i have to fill in the decree that they sent me.

Its now been 3 weeks and I havent heard a thing from anyone. Is this normal???

Prelim letter sent to Ulster Bank for £1734.00 on 18 September

Received offer of £150 - 30/09/06

LBA sent 02/10/06

Im starting to panic now because i've been reading more threads and some people ended up in court. I hope mine doesnt come to that

LBA sent 02/10/06

Is it just charges Kibby?

They do wait until the last minute to file or pay up.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Yeah its just charges and the 8% interest. Im sure i have a default but at the minute all i want is my money back.

Should i be worried?

LBA sent 02/10/06

Not at all, this is common with them. They wait until the last minute before they pay up.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Its just that when reading other peoples threads they have received letters of acknowledge of the claim from capital one and I havent. Just wondering could it be because capital one r trying to pass it off because my account was passed to Capquest.

Really wanted the money for xmas

LBA sent 02/10/06

It maybe worth giving the court a call in the morning to see if they have heard anything..

WARNING TO ALL

Sorry about all the questions but are capital one supposed to acknowledge the claim with the court or me for that matter?

LBA sent 02/10/06

They acknowledge the court, and the court then send you out confirmation that they intend to defend or pay up. Most of the time it is that they intend to defend, which they very rarely do.

WARNING TO ALL

I checked with the court house today about my claim and capital one havent acknowledged my claim yet. Even the girl on the fone said that they usually leave it to the last minute. Heres hoping i'll have my money for the new year.

Thanks for the advice, i'll update the thread as and when i hear somethin.

LBA sent 02/10/06

Ok, at least she confirmed what we had said on here, they do leave it to the last minute before they react.

WARNING TO ALL

HAPPY DAYS - Just got a letter from Capital one this morning saying the usual stuff, these charges are not unlawful blah blah blah, however I wish to resolve this matter without the need for a court hearing.

These refunds are a gesture of goodwill, yeah right!!!

Claim settled. Thanks for all the advice and anyone chasing their charges back keep at them, they give in right at the end.

LBA sent 02/10/06

Well done great result. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Im gonna start on barclaycard now, i started it last year but never got round to lodging my claim so im gonna start over afresh and c wat new charges they've applied to my account

LBA sent 02/10/06