Pre-notified fees & charges HSBC

kash21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thankyou to everyone for this forum! it's really helpful unfortunately I still have a problem, I have got many

"PRE-NOTIFIED FEES & CHARGES"

after reading the information in this forum, I'm still not sure if I can claim this back!

Any help at all would be greatly GREATLY appreciated!

I've checked everywhere and can't find details on these charges

Thanks to ANYONE in advance!!!

Hiya Kash and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

Pre notified fees and charges appear on the last page of your monthly statement, it lists everything they will be deducting from your account in the following month and gives you a date when this will happen.

All of these fees and charges amount to penalties and therefore can be claimed back :).

pete

Hi Kash ,

I told you you'd get a better answer on your own thread ... and pete is one of the best.........:D

I'll transfer that link I gave you , it may help in identifying the terms you're looking for, as well as keeping it all on your own thread . :-)

Charges description on statements (i.e.what you can claim for

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 1 month later...

Hi there, i wrote an appeal to HSBC around 18 months ago trying to reclaim £1200 worth of penalties from them. Ive recieved a series of letters back from them but nothing since May 2008 when i was told that they would be appealing a decision made against them in the courts. Does anyone have any new info on this and whether i'll ever be entitled to that money?

Cheers all, Richard

Hi Richard , welcome back ........ :)

They've done this with countless people , virtually trying to head them off from taking further action ..... they ARE waiting for the courts, but so are we all .

The general advice on this site is to get your claim to the 'Lodged in Court' stage . It will be 'stayed because of the OFT Test Case , but t least it earns 8% interest while it's waiting , and it puts your account definitely 'InDispute' so they can't mess about with it .

They can still add charges but they won't chase you for them because they'll come up against your counter-claim ....... and when the court eventually makes it's decision - we firmly believe we'll all be in the payout queue......:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 4 years later...

Hi

For the last year I have been charged pre-notified charges of between £100 and £150 a month. EVERY month. And it is ALWAYS when there is no money in my account. They know this, as I am on benefits and no the exact dates I am paid.

So they then make me £150 over drawn every month so the following month i then get recharged £100 - £150 a month. What can I do? I have spoke to HSBC who told me that I shouldn't go over drawn but the only time i do is when they take these charges, I have two children under 5 and im a single mum I don't have £100+ a month to just give to hsbc :!::evil:

You used to be able to claim these back if you were in "hardship" (sounds like you are) and you used to be able to send in a letter of Right of Appropriation sample here you also need to look at your statements to see if these charges are attracting further charges because that should not be happening under bcobs i think.

some one did get their charges back under bcobs with RBS but not heard of HSBC doing the right thing (RBS Success here)

You can also complain to the FOS re hardship but as far as I know they just side with the banks as usual, but no harm in trying

Hope this helps

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.