Getting my loan written off..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to the site. After watching the Panorama programme, I decided it was worth asking NatWest (who my loan is with) for my credit agreement. I had my phone call returned the next day by a snotty bank worker telling me I should not call that branch as that was not the branch with which the loan was taken out. I told the lady she was wrong and again requested my credit agreement. A couple of days later the lady calls and tells me the credit agreement could not be located. After reading posts on this site I therefore believe my loan to be unenforcable. Could somebody please advise me what to do next. I do not want to pay solicitors fees. Thanks for any advice.

Hotdogs

Hello and Welcome, Hotdogs.

When was the loan taken out ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Send a CCA request with a £1 Postal Order and send it recorded, don't sign the request, just print your name.

Letter 'N' in the library.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Keep this thread updated and you'll get more help when you need it.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 5 months later...
Guest mickjo

hi this is my first time.i would first of all like to thank everyone for the help on this site.i have been contacted by a firm saying that i can get my bank loan writing off but first i have to send them £100 to get the ball rolling. the its going to cost me £39 for every correspondence.and if i win the claim i will have to pay them a third of my loan that has been wrote off.i took out the loan in 2002 when i went into the bank to ask for the loan they took all my details and ask how much me and my wife was earning after i told them and they said i could easily afford the repayments i said i dont know if i could i would like to go home and talk it through with my wife but they kept on and on saying i could afford it. the lady even went and got another of her staff in the room to persuade me to sign the form.after about an hour i got fed up and signed the loan form thinking i will cancell when i get home but i could not contact them by phone.i went back to my bank to cancell the loan but the i was told that the person hat was delt with my loan was on holliday and i would have to wait till she got back.by this time the cooling off period had gone.i have sent a CCA request please could you advise me what to do when i get a reply from my bank.

kind regards

mickjo

i'd post a new thread in the general forum or the forum of your banks name,

not piggy back an existing old thread.

very few will see your post,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...