They say they're comming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To take my goods tonight can they just do that??

we decided to pay 2wkly and 2wks bein wed ive just got in from hospital with my daughter and i have a answer machine message saying if i dont reply to it by 2pm today my good are at risk and they will come for them... why and can they??

OMG here we go again:eek:

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

court papers finally issued 27th march they have to 27th april

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

Carpark management letter sent 22/10/2008

not heard anything-7th april 2009

What goods are they allegedly coming for?

And no they can't just come into your home and take goods.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

May i ask first how much have you paid off them it tells you how much on agreement if you paid over that amount i would

Ring and tell them thy are not welcome without a court order

and if they say they will get one say thank you look forward to seeing you in court

Regards DK

PS i would also state that you are copying the messeage left and sending it to OFT TS and their head office as they threating to come and take goods without a court order

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

They CANNOT just take your items if you have paid over a third of the agreement. They also CANNOT forcibly enter your home or take goods without your permission. Before they can take goods they HAVE to obtain a court order. Before they can get a court order, they have to issue you with a default notice.

BH make these threats too often, and I have been on the receiving end of it myself. If they phone again and threaten to send the baliffs, tell them you wish to receive no more correspondence by telephone and want all further communication in writing. Send a letter off to Head Office and your local branch (recorded delivery) stating this, explaining your reasons (ie calls are of a threatening nature, persistent calling etc)

Edited by clemma

ok i have a laptop which will be payed off in march 2009 and a 3+2 seater couch they say there gonna take laptop as they cant take the couch

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

Tell them come round if you wake hubby up ad he smashes your faces in not my fault

I chucked one over the wall

wife did tell them not to send anyone or you would be signing his hospital pass

should have seen him run into the van with a wet patch on his pants

they thing is theres a sign on the gate

DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT A APPOINTMENT DUE TO THEFTS IN THIS NEIGHBOUR ALL NAMES ARE ON THERE GUARD AND WITH TAKE ACTION AGAINST ANYONE TRESSPASSING ON THE PROPERTY

BEWARNED DOGS ROAMING FREELY IN THIS AREA (COPS HAVE HAD A T*T FULL OF BREAK IN IN THIS AREA DUE TO THE COUNCIL PUTTING A STUPID BRIDGE ACROSS THE RIVER FROM A RUFF ESTATE AND THERE ANSWER WAS DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO)

Well i thought he was out to rob me coming around my back garden there is a sign up and no he didnt have a appointment

I asked you have a appointment NO

bang over you go with me climbing over after him

he could have won gold

then they shop on the phone we getting the cops involved fine can i ask did he have a appointment to come here as it clearly stated do not enter unless you do told them the number for station is 016** 6***** EXT 2* "* ask for the sarg and tell him how it was(PS well they didnt know i played rugby for them and we all friends)

Regards DK

Or if you live on your own tell them old bill on way as im not expecting anyone and you must be trying to break in

As you only have 4 months left on the laptop, I would say you have paid at least 3/4 of your agreement. Therefore, without a court order, they CANNOT take it back. BH rarely take people to court :)

Just explain this to them next time they call. Remember, they have to issue you with a default notice FIRST before they can threaten any action. By the time it got to court, your agreement will probably be paid off.

Please do not worry about this. Stay calm when they phone (I know it's hard), explain your rights and tell them to put everything in writing. Put your complaint in writing - address of Head Office in useful information.

The law is on your side with this one :)

Just a thought BH acting like bailiffs

Ask to see his SIA badge as anyone acting like one must need one by law and that you want to see there balififf licence

also state that you have recorded everything and its not against the law as everything is recorded for protection

Regards DK

Before you do anything, record the answerfone message somewhere safe, but don't delete it.

You have proof that they have harrassed you and that evidence is admissable in court. They are clearly told by the Administration of Justices Act 1970 that they are only allowed to leave a message along the lines of

" Will Mrs bloggs please call Mr Jones on 01234 567890". NO PERSONAL FINANCIAL INFO CAN BE LEFT AS IT COULD BE HEARD BY SOMEONE TO WHOM THE INFORMATION IS PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.

Also once they have left a message on and ans machine or with a 3rd party, they have to leave 24 hours befroe calling you again.

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Thanks all after all the crap they give they never turned up and the collecter is female bloody butch female i wouldnt like to get wrong side of her thats for sure lol thanks for help and advice once again x

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

They were never going to turn up. I hope you get everything sorted. We are here to help if you need more advice. Just send those letters, phone Trading Standards and you'll be fine. Remember - BH are NOT a priority debt, so on the one in a million chance that they took you to court, the judge would order you pay a minimum payment that is less that what you are offering.

Best of luck, and keep us all posted. We like to hear success stories on here :)

They were never going to turn up. I hope you get everything sorted. We are here to help if you need more advice. Just send those letters, phone Trading Standards and you'll be fine. Remember - BH are NOT a priority debt, so on the one in a million chance that they took you to court, the judge would order you pay a minimum payment that is less that what you are offering.

Best of luck, and keep us all posted. We like to hear success stories on here :)

but they did turn up once right before they ended up bridgin the account she knocked at the door with a huge van and another woman with her it was my daughters birthday she demanded payment or would just make her way in and remove goods i said to her what if i dont let you in she said i will just push the door open and walk in and i just said yeh right well you will have to look for it then she said oh yes i will and we wont leave untill u pay up or give us back the laptop i ended up giving her all i had on me she left us completely with no money then i found here

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

FOOL FOOL you should have just told her to problem il phone the police i would write to there CO i had a better reply from him than anne healey

they have NO RIGHT TO ENTER WITHOUT A COURT ORDER

may i ask has the laptop ever been repaired

Regards DK

FOOL FOOL

may i ask has the laptop ever been repaired

Regards DK

No never not by them when we enquired about it a few months ago cause it wouldnt boot popper they said its no longer there problem and covered by them so i would have to ring Acer now to get them to come out to it:?:?

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Please see Lefty's fact sheet and read about your statutory rights under the Sales of Goods (Implied Terms) Act. Also, send them a letter based on the below template:

Date…….

Owner / Manager's name (or The Manager)

Retailer’s name

Retailer’s address

Retailer’s postcode

Dear [Qwner/ Manager’s name or Sir/Madam]

Account No…………….

Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973 (as amended)

On [insert date], I entered into a Hire Purchase agreement with you for [enter details of goods] from [insert suppliers details].

The following problems have arisen:

[Give brief outline of problem and any action taken]

I understand that under the above legislation, it is your responsibility to resolve the matter and would therefore ask that this is done within the next 14 days.

Yours sincerely / Yours faithfully

[Name]

FOOL FOOL

Far from it. It's a perfectly understandable reaction in the circumstances. Such remarks are not exactly helpful.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory we all try to HELP we give advice people say ok thats for that i will do it then they dont we told them never speak to them and dont answer the door and what do they do

to say fool fool was just a speach makes my blood boil to this they got one up again