Christmas Cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

can I be one too, Sod'em?

Of course you can Tigs:D

and you Hilary.......:D

Although I had you 2 down more as Jim Beams, not Sunbeams:lol:

I'll get my coat............Leaving quicker than a chicken running through Ethiopia.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a dilemma. Not a big one in the grand scheme of things, but I am not enjoying this!.

I have lived in my new flat for about a month (12 flats in building).

I came home yesterday to find a chrimbo card slipped under my door from the flat over the way...... what do I do?

Firstly, I don't want to communicate with anyone... that sounds awful, but noise politics and familiarity don't go hand in hand....I don't want to sound posh but my gear is my life savings and they are somewhat unsavoury! I don't want anyone in this building to see inside my flat, and if I get friendly it may occur! I also don't want to come across big-headed, but I know some would rub their hands in glee at the thought of robbing me..... and I only have a crap door protecting me! Yes, I'm worried about that prospect...ALOT! (It's OK, and has a double lock, but it doesn't inspire a feeling of security)

It's easy to be neighbourly when you have security...but I don't!.... 'tis just a rubbish door when you consider the guy above me told me his ex bird kicked his in! :(

Now, I can't be arsed with cards, you know that, but now I feel obliged to return one (the masterful American retail psychology at work).

I do not want a relationship with these people, they could be lovely, but I don't want them knocking at my door...a simple 'hello' is all that is required when we pass in the hall. Am I wrong in thinking that the exchanging of cards is the beginnings of familiarity?

I know that's how things should be, but it just ain't like that here.

No, I don't want to buy a card because I don't believe in them, but I would because, well, it would appear to be the right thing to do...but that's not the issue... to me it's like an invite to annoy me! :-|

Or you could always suck it up (shurrup!:razz:) and sit on your hands and NOT return it. Why?

a) It's highly unlikely your neighbour has a tick list of all the people he has sent card to and therefore is unlikely to take offence at your lack of response.

b) Even if he DOES take offence, why the deuce do you care? You just have said you don't want to encourage relationship, perfect! You don't even have to go out of your way to antagonise the neighbours, they can create their own self-eperceived little grudge all by themselves, how's that for self-sufficiency?

c) Why the HELL do you care so much about an individual we are calling "he", but in fact, you don't even know them well enough to know what sex they are?

d) This card is about as personal as the one sent by your catalogue, your post office or any other company, except the cheapskate couldn't be asked to even cough up for a stamp! ;-)

Brace yourself, feel bad for, oh, at least 5 seconds as penance and get on with your life, you big wuss. :rolleyes:

My first thought was 'you aint getting one back' and, thank you worm, now I deffo won't!. I had considered point A. :D As for your last sentence, you neither live here or have druggies for neighbours so shuuuurrruuuppp!

Card is from 'Matthew and Frank' in gold glitter pen....now with my good looks...I should steer well clear!! :p

Card is from 'Matthew and Frank' in gold glitter pen....now with my good looks...I should steer well clear!! :p

awww I would have thought that they would be right up your back alley :eek::grin:

I'll fetch me coat lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

:lol::lol:

Thai they are just being neighbourly, you don't have to invite them in.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Christmas festivities are for the homosexuals as well as anyone else, maybe even more so when you think of all the glitter and bright colours abound.

Send one back and don't be spiteful or so miserable.:)

I know, but I'm not a home-wrecker! :p

And 'alley' did you need to lmao :D

I am so sorry, I just couldnt resist, but i am sorry , glitter pens are just too teenage girly for me lol, I would ignore them too ;):D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Christmas festivities are for the homosexuals as well as anyone else, maybe even more so when you think of all the glitter and bright colours abound.

Send one back and don't be spiteful or so miserable.:)

Please don't use the word 'homosexual' it really gets on my tits...just say 'poof' or 'puff' like me.

I know what you mean, actually, I read in a mag, whilst tending to nature, that Chris Rock has it down. He was asked 'should homo...., nah, poofs, be allowed to be married?' his response? 'Yes, why not...they have every right to be just as miserable!'

And, NO, I aint sending one back! 'twas their look out.

Oi you lot, my thread is going down hill fast. It's about Christmas cards, not about Thai's neighbours and their preferences or Football . . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers