bwfs2003 v Nat West **WON**

bwfs2003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from the court today. Nat West have acknowledged the claim and so now have until 28/9/06 to submit a defence.

In the same post I received a letter from the Royal Bank of Scotland, Group Litigation Dept stating they believe my claim discloses no reasonable grounds or cause of action. However, given the amount it's not commercially viable or cost effective to defend. Cheque for £899.38enclosed in full and final settlement, subject to confidentiality, blah blah, blah. Oh and would I confirm that I will write to the court discontinueing proceedings.

I've won:grin: Well, sort of.

I have written back saying I will accept only as a partial settlement, the amount sent does not include 8% interest which was included in my claim, I will not accept confidentiality and will not discontinue proceedings until the bank complies.

I'll bank the cheque tomorrow, but not in my Nat West account, lol.

barry

Well Done. Let us know what they say about the 8% interest.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 3 weeks later...

The wunch of bankers at Nat west sent me a cheque at the end of last week. However, they had spelt my surname incorrectly and the words and figures differed. Therefore I would not have been able to successfully present it for payment. Needless to say, it has gone straight back to them.:-x

barry

• 3 weeks later...

Finally - a cheque (correctly completed, this time) for £136.56 being the 8% court interest on my claim was received this morning by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

I'VE WON

Total amount recovered from Nat West is £1035.95.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

barry

Please to hear that, well done! I have been a Natwest customer for 20+ years with 3 accounts including the business account. Despite being £1000's of pounds in credit at various times on the various accounts, they have taken a rip whenever the oppurtunity arose. I would like to have a go, but the business a/c is often on the agreed o/draft limit, and I fear the consequences if closed that a/c.....

Finally - a cheque (correctly completed, this time) for £136.56 being the 8% court interest on my claim was received this morning by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

I'VE WON

Total amount recovered from Nat West is £1035.95.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

CONGRATULATIONS!! - ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CLAIMANT. WELL DONE TO YOU - WE HAVE JUST BEEN SUCCESSFUL TOO - IT'S A WONDERFUL FEELING ISN'T IT?