Vanquis / Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding Vanquis/ cabot. Any advice wil be appreciated.

I defaulted on my vanquis card - it looks like the debt has been sold to Cabot who are currently harrassing me.....

I have yet to fire off the harrassment Ltr to Cabot - will do so tomorrow.

Question is I intend on sending a SAR to Vanquis. Is there a letter I should be sending to Cabot? Is it worth requesting for the CCA from Cabot? Or perhaps a SAR to Cabot as well?

I not disputing the debt with Vanquis - but some of it is made up of the usual charges/late fees which I would like to claim back and offset this against the debt. I should mention I had the card for approx 3 years.

Regards

M

HI columbo

firstly send cabot the cca request asap (expect the usual dribble from cabot and never ending template letters), then id advise SARing vanquis for everything and this way you'll get all your statements which will list the charges on the account that you can claim back. dont forget the 10 pound postal order with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) find it here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html and the 1 pound postal order with the CCA request find that here letter N http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html hope this helps :)

Hadituptohere

Edited by Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

HI columbo

firstly send cabot the cca request asap (expect the usual dribble from cabot and never ending template letters), then id advise SARing vanquis for everything and this way you'll get all your statements which will list the charges on the account that you can claim back. dont forget the 10 pound postal order with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) find it here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html and the 1 pound postal order with the CCA request find that here letter N http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html hope this helps :)

Hadituptohere

Hi Hadituptohere (great name!)

Thanks for the advice. As promised I have fired off the relevant letters to both Vanquis and Cabot.

With regards to the CCA request, when do I start counting the 12+2 days? Will it be from the date of my letter?

What is the statutory time limit with regards to my (Vanquis) SAR request?

Thanks

Columbo

Hi columbo

sorry I should of mentioned to send everything recorded delivery and take the days from the date of the signed delivery, its 40 days for compliance for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) again from the delivery date

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Hi columbo

sorry I should of mentioned to send everything recorded delivery and take the days from the date of the signed delivery, its 40 days for compliance for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) again from the delivery date

Hadituptohere

Hi Hadituptohere

No apologies needed!! I sent the letters by special/recorded delivery. To my amazement, I have had a reply from Cabot. No doubt it is one f their standard replies.

I will scan & post shortly....just making sure I have removed all my personal details.....

Id just wait to see if they come up with a properly excecuted agreement and wait for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to arrive, you say you dont dispute the default with vanquis and your just after the charges back so once you get the info on the cc account you can then go about claiming them back to offset the amount. It would be worth writing to cabot with the heading 'account in dispute' explaining you believe the account is made up of unlawfull charges, you will get a load of waffle back as they like dishing out the crappy template letters but dont worry just buy yourself a ringbinder and and title it TRASH just to remind you who you are dealing with.

Hope this helps...

Hadituptohere

Id just wait to see if they come up with a properly excecuted agreement and wait for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to arrive, you say you dont dispute the default with vanquis and your just after the charges back so once you get the info on the cc account you can then go about claiming them back to offset the amount. It would be worth writing to cabot with the heading 'account in dispute' explaining you believe the account is made up of unlawfull charges, you will get a load of waffle back as they like dishing out the crappy template letters but dont worry just buy yourself a ringbinder and and title it TRASH just to remind you who you are dealing with.

Hope this helps...

Hadituptohere

'...Ringbinder....Trash...' I like that!!:-):-)

Do you have a template letter that you have suggested I send to Cabot?

thanks for all your help.

Hi

I dont think you need a template letter, as ive said as long as it has a title 'account in dispute' and contains the alledged cabot account number and vanquis number, explaining that you believe the account to be made up of unlawfull charges therefore making any default inaccurate, then sit on your hands until you get your SAR info or a entertaining template from crapbot

Hadituptohere

Hi

I dont think you need a template letter, as ive said as long as it has a title 'account in dispute' and contains the alledged cabot account number and vanquis number, explaining that you believe the account to be made up of unlawfull charges therefore making any default inaccurate, then sit on your hands until you get your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info or a entertaining template from crapbot

Hadituptohere

ok - thanks for the advice. Will send of a letter on Monday.