Finding old account numbers

krakan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, I've done searches for 'find account number' as well as 'find AND account AND number' and both returned virtually every thread in the forum, so here's a new one all of its own :)

I need my old Egg card account number. Unfortunately, whilst we were in our 'disagreement' phase over what I owed them, and for a while afterwards (once the debt had been referred out) I may have accidentally torn up, shredded and burned everything that came through the door from them.

I intend to 'get' them for illegal charges, but my DPA SAR letter is looking much tougher now I don't have an account number to quote!

Any advice?

I need my old Egg card account number. Unfortunately, whilst we were in our 'disagreement' phase over what I owed them, and for a while afterwards (once the debt had been referred out) I may have accidentally torn up, shredded and burned everything that came through the door from them.

May have!!? Accidently!!? Head, sand and bucket come to mind lol

I intend to 'get' them for illegal charges, but my Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter is looking much tougher now I don't have an account number to quote!

Send the DPA,but include as much detail as you can: full name,address and dates when you held the a/c, DOB, utlility bills if you've changed address since.

I sent off a DPA to MBNA without knowing my account number last week, and they've already acknowledged to say the statements are on the way. Their reply even had my account number on it. So don't worry.

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs