Advice needed please

witsend79_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have two claims against HSBC which I started about 18 months ago which are currently stayed.

I stopped using the accounts when I began my claim, they are both still overdrawn but not over the overdraft limits. I stopped paying any money into them because the amounts outstanding are made up of their bank charges which are now in dispute.

I have today received a letter from them saying I must make a payment into the account within the next 7 days as they have noted that there has been no payments made to the account for over a year and that it is a condition of my overdraft agreement that regular payments must be made.

Am I right in thinking I do not have to make any payments into the accounts until the claims have been resolved?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Does it ask for a certain amount or just a payment?

If you are overdrawn then they remove the overdraft due to no payments into account the full amount becomes due and if they dont get that payment back within a set timeframe then they could default you.

If no amount asked for deposit a token amount to keep the overdraft.

Hiya witsend79_uk and welcome to the HSBC forum :), I'm in exactly the same situation you are in with my own bank account and claim.

What bigmac says is perfectly true for a "normal" situation however your bank accounts are well and truly in dispute so in theory HSBC have to settle your dispute before they can do anything to you or they breach the banking code, Data Protection Act, Consumer Credit Act etc etc.

About 12 months ago they set Metropolitan on me heres what I told them;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/125577-metropolitan-collection-services-action.html

Just after this they defaulted me and heres a synopsis of my default removal.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/164871-castlebests-default-removal.html

Your accounts are in dispute there is nothing they can do to you legally but you will have to fight to prove it because HSBC's default stance is all of their customers are morons and can be bullied into payment,

I told them to spin on it and proved it, its fairly easy to do but you have to be up for it :D

pete