• Tweets

• @jk2054 - I haven't started a claim with OIC or MIB yet, due to being unable to obtain the name of the other driver.  @BankFodder cheers for that, I'll go back to them with this info & update on here when I've had a response.
    • Andy thanks for your reply. No i am now being evicted from the house i moved into after that previous post. The letting agent lied to me when they said the landlord would not be selling the house. SHe did not mention that the landlord tried to sell the house last year, i was not told this, 4 months into the tenancy i got the eviction notice. Its obvious they lied to me and used me to fill in the gap between their attempts to sell the house. I have filled in the defence form as it was easy to follow the old one from my previous post. I will post it later on in the hope someone can give it the once over. It has to be in by the end of this month may 31st.  
    • It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Provident Personal Credit - Experian:

Spa2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. My first post.

I'm spitting blood I'm so angry!

I stupidly took out a door step loan with Provident Personal Credit.

This company is charging me 183% interest on a loan of £300.

I'm halfway through paying it off but, now I've found out that they've starting reporting this loan to the credit reference agencies!

I now have on my record a door step loan which will stay on my report for 6 years once settled!

This, I'm pretty sure, will affect me as what lender will now lend me money when they see that I had a door step loan!

I've worked really hard to clean up my credit report and then they go and ruin it for me!

I would never had taken this loan if they'd told me that they would report this to the credit reference agencies.

I need help please. Can they do this? Can I get them to stop reporting?

What they are doing is ensuring that I'll have to borrow from them again as no 'proper' lender will touch me now.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Crazymom,

Thank you for your response.

In answer no I'm completely up-to-date with payments and this is shown on my credit report.

They are simply reporting as would any lender.

I just don't want a door step loan on my credit report.

Thanks.

Thanks again for your reply.

I just don't want other lenders to see that I have / had a door step loan.

For 6 years (once this is settled) it'll still be on my report.

I might find it very difficult to get credit from 'legit' lenders because of this!

Not sure that would be a problem. I think any prospective lender would be more interested in whether your record showed you repaid any debt as you had agreed to do.

Is there a particular reason why you took this route rather than going to your bank?

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

I do agree about them reporting as the idea of paying such high interest is that there are no credit checks and no reporting to the CRA's. They did send out a letter regarding that they would be reporting to CRA's about 12 months ago.

Unfortunately, I don't see what you can do about it, just make sure that you don't miss a payment.

Guest suziedarkness

I have provident loans. I dont recall getting a letter stating that they were going to inform CRA's.

Surely they have to advise you of this before they do it, like when you apply for credit they always say that they may/will consult credit ref agencies and share information and you have to agree to that.

I have dealt with provident for last few years because it was convienient but they are a rip off. I have never been advised that they intended to share info and it doesnt say anything on their credit forms that you sign either.

I have already made a firm decision that I wont have anymore loans from them once I paid up, what they charge is unreasonable.

And yes sparkle, you are right, I was told by one of their managers when I first started dealing with them that the reason the interest is so high is because they take a gamble, they do not do any credit checks.

Im not sure they can get away with it. Maybe someone may know for sure.

Suzie

Guest suziedarkness

Was that recently Surprise? I can honestly say I have never had any letters from provident apart from the usual canvessing letters trying to get me to have more money.

I dont know how they can get away with that. I think I may call them tomorrow to see what they say.

Suzie

I'm afraid you've got the Competition Commission to blame for this.

The CAB made a complaint to the OFT earlier in the decade and they in turn referred it to the CC due to concerns about the difficulty customers had in switching between home credit providers.

One of the CC's solutions was to force each home credit company over a certain size to report their accounts to at least 2 CRA's. This became a requirement earlier this year.

Hi Spa2007

I have 2 loans with the Prov. 1 is nearly finished and the other, well..... I've managed to miss some payments on.

I am currently going through a running battle with them. I have discovered that after 12 missed payments (which equals 3 months) your account then defaults and then they can place it on your credit report however, it won't show as a default, just missed payments.

I am arguing with them because most of the missed payments were due to their Agent not coming to my home. I also made numerous visits to my local office and made payments myself.

So in summary, if you have 12 missed payments they will inform the Credit Reference Agencies, but if you haven't missed any payments then there should not be an entry.

I'd give your local office a call and seriously complain. Write to them. In addition to this, call Experian and explain to them that you are in dispute with Provident. They will place their entry on dispute until the matter is closed.

I am requested that the remove their entry from my credit file.

Good luck and keep positing.

Provident - CCA Request - CCA Received, challenging report with CRA.

Experian - Removal of data request - 10/11/2008 ****** WON AGAINST EXPERIAN *****;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tezza

It won't appear on your credit file unless you have fall 12 payments behind. If you have falled behind and it is placed on your credit file then yes, it will reduce your credit score - I found this out (much to my horror).

I am behind due to my incompetant Agent so I'm trying to get it removed.

Experian - Removal of data request - 10/11/2008 ****** WON AGAINST EXPERIAN *****;)

I would think that, if the creditor was required by a change in the law to report to the CRAs, they would have been given sufficient notice to change their contracts to fit the law as well as properly informing current customers. See this press release:

30-Nov-2006 - Competition Commission Inquiry final report - Provident Financial

They would also have been given guidance surely on how to do this etc. Otherwise it would be unreasonable. If they did not do this then are the agreements valid?

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Hi Newborn

Thank you for the link and your recent information. I have just finished drafting a letter to Provident however, I think I will change it to reflect the information provided by the Competition Commission. Since they did not inform me of any changes to their T&C's then this will no longer be valid.

Well, I can but try - SPA2007, I suggest to try writing to them as well.

Good point Joneseyblod - I will look into this as well and post here for SPA2007's information.

SPA2007 - let us know if you find out any more information and let us know also how you are getting on.

I'm afraid you've got the Competition Commission to blame for this.

The CAB made a complaint to the OFT earlier in the decade and they in turn referred it to the CC due to concerns about the difficulty customers had in switching between home credit providers.

One of the CC's solutions was to force each home credit company over a certain size to report their accounts to at least 2 CRA's. This became a requirement earlier this year.

Would the reporting be for new accounts or existing accounts?

I didn't think that this sort of change was retrospective

Well, I've not received any new T&C's to confirm that I gave them my permission to contact a third party - Even a CRA.

Spa2007 - Did you receive anything?

Have you defaulted on your loan? Just curious as to why they have done this to your CR?

Its now standard practice, they have to report to at least two of the credit reference agencies. Im sure someone has already said it mind you.

All that recieved regarding this was a little leaflet telling me what credit reference agencies do. I was never approached to sign anything giving my permission(i wouldnt do that anyways) and ive recieved no revised t&c's going to get on their backs once im done with natwest and rossendales.