JBW strike again - Bailiff Removal Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

It looks as though I might be seeing sunlight again.

Of the two (identicle) PCNs I was "issued" but never received due to a change of address and having appealed both in the same manner, one was accepted - queue LonBoIs choice to reissue PCN but the other was objected to, pushed back to the TEC who quick as a flash pushed it to a court which upheld the rejection etc etc etc yawn... That was the PCN for which I had never received anything.

I few calls later and I am pretty sick of this so I send in a complaint...

...which Islington Parking Services actually responded to and that chap has been more useful.

After much discussion and my insistance that both should have been treated consistently (i.e. quashed) he eventually wained and will accept the original £50 fines for each offence (well almost) however they have not reproduced the original PCNs. See quote below.

"I unfortunately could not reproduce given IT constrains and more importantly the recent legislation changes i.e. the introduction of Traffic Management Act 2004 that replaces RTA 1991 has necessitated a change of template and the new template is not compatible with the old one hence the difficulty in reproducing the original PCN. I hope the system details as well as the photographic images thatI sent you would suffice for your records."

We have had a long email conversation in which he sent me the piccies in question, some of which are pretty clear, the others not so as the bike is seen turning left before doing a u-turn to get around a car at some lights.

I never got a Bailiff letter for the latter of the two PCNs but I can guess it would have been for the same amount if not more than the first so cutting this bill from a possible £700 plus to £100 I am inclined to pay and get rid of the issue.

Any comments?

Well I received a BRN for £363.84 and the second PCN which I discovered on the Bailiff site was for the same offence a week later so presumed that would be much the same... An original fine is "apparently" £100 reduced to £50 for quick payment. If neither is forthcoming they refer it to the TEC to press again and once the courts get involved your looking at an extra £100 then if still nothing the Bailiffs get refered to and they just make it up.... I have managed to get the amount pushed back to £100 for the two PCNs which seems fair enought although I still have not seen the issued PCN copies... see my last.