Course Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

I recently left a part time counselling course which was being funded by my local Relate service.

I left for health reasons and signed a contract that I would work 3 hours a week as a volunteer once I qualified for 2 years to pay back my fees..I was being funded.

I mentioned my illness at my interview last year. But the letter says we are surprised to hear you have health difficulties.

I was not given a copy of the contract but it specifies if I left because of illness I would not have to re pay my fee. I have been asked to pay £2300 because the charity say they have no other way to make up the loss. Also, they need the money to fund an future trainee.

I need advice! I don't have a job, I am a stay at home mum...and I don't have any savings to pay them back.

My husband can't afford to pay them back as we have a low income and no extra money. I am very worried.

Can they take me to court?

I think in these circumstances a letter outlining what you have said above is warranted. Keep it factual and straightforward, explain that you can't afford to pay them and apologise for any difficulty it will cause (I'm not implying that it's your fault, but a sorry won't hurt and might help).

Don't mention your husband's income as he can't be held responsible for the fees in any way,

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.