Tax credits

luke123456
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently seperated from my partner and she no longer lives with me. I have been told that they are carrying out security checks as I am now saying I am single which I am. Does this always happen? It is just that they are taking their time.

Luke

I separated with a partner years ago, and to the best of my knowledge there were no checks done on me....BUT, in this day and age i suppose they have to be careful.

If you are at all concerned contact them and ask them whats happening and why. You are fully entitled to know.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

they say that they are carrying out security checks...what does this involve??

Also, my ex says she wont change her adress for her bank.....shes not very helpful you see.

I have contacted all other companies that will allow me to change the bils in my name (utilities and that....) but the banks say they cant change address unless she calls them which she is refusing to do. What do you think about this. Thanks for your reply bazak

True, banks won't normally alter address details without the persons consent. ( data protection and all that ).

If for some reason, the bank situation happens to be one of the reasons why they are investigating, then get appointment with bank manager and explain situation. Try and get a letter of him/her which backs up the fact that they won't/can't change ex-partners address.

Will your ex be claiming benefits herself at her new address, because if so, then explain this to tax credits who may be able to investigate further.

BUT at this moment in time, they haven't actually refused you any payments yet, so try not to worry 'cus it may all turn out to your advantage. ( and i speak with experience, as my ex moved out of my property years ago, and now life is great ).

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Also, just had a thought. It may also work for you to get a copy of your credit file ( from experian or equifax ) because that should list people living at the address over 18 who are there now. Worth a shot.

have a nice day !!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to speak to Tax Credits about a problem yesterday and found them extremely helpful. Call and ask what is going on. Don't accept 'security checks' as an explanation, ask them to tell you exactly what that means and what the problem is. In short, be polite but persistent.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.