cca while starting a dmp

mak71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a really good read of this site over the weekend,

i now feel i understand the basics of the cca letters etc and think i now understand the basic process.

so today ive sent of 15 cca"s recorded delivery, (the girl at the post office was not amused as their new post office system means thay have to also type in all the adresses manually and then scan the bar code)

Anyway all 15 have gone out and i eagerly await the responses

but just a few questions if anyone could help please

1, i sent the cca"s to the customer service addresses on the back of the individual credit card bills, will this be ok, as long as they are signed for by employees of their organisation,? or is there a little loophole they might use to say its gone to wrong department etc

2, i am about to sort out a dmp plan .am i right in thinking the free charity run ones wont let me take any creditors off the aggreement for non enforcable cca"s if i apply for a dmp before results of the cca"s come back

if so should i wait a few more weeks before officially making my dmp application?or is time of the essence, i stopped paying all my credit card bills just 2 weeks ago in anticipation of going on a dmp .

3, am i better going with the charity based dmp providers ,ie cccs or payplan or a fee paying one,will i get a better more individual service from a fee paying one or will my creditors be more keen to deal with the free charity ones as they dont make any money for themselfs from the agreement,

thanks for any advice, ive now started being able to get a proper nights sleep since finding this site and learning of my rights etc, its been a godsend it really has,

mak

Hi mak,

Great to hear that the CAG is working its magic on you as well!

Once the CCA requests are signed for, the organizations have them. Transporting the documents within the organization to one of the rare literate employees is not your responsibility.

Personally I would hold fire on any potential DMP. You really need to wait two weeks to see what if anything comes of your CCA requests.

SH

Thanks, im not afraid of opening the post anymore,

just feel like a big weight lifted from my shoulders since finding this site,

its not a magic solution my debt problems are still there, but feel like i can really tackle them now and not be afraid of any unwanted callers knocking on my door,im a single mum with a young daughter and was really worried about getting debt collectors knocking on the door especially now the dark nights are coming in,

Hi mak,

Personally I would hold fire on any potential DMP. You really need to wait two weeks to see what if anything comes of your CCA requests.

SH

You may wish to make a token payment of £1 to your creditors as a 'holding position' with a covering letter detailing your intentions. I believe PayPlan/CCCS recommend doing that and had you contacted either, they would have sent you a number of generic letters for that very purpose.

You may wish to make a token payment of £1 to your creditors as a 'holding position' with a covering letter detailing your intentions. I believe PayPlan/CCCS recommend doing that and had you contacted either, they would have sent you a number of generic letters for that very purpose.

Thanks, will look into it tommorrow,