Vodafone pulling a fast one!

Anedar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently upgraded my phone with Vodafone.

The upgrade package was agreed at £30 per/month for 500 mins talk and unlimited texts. To get this deal I agreed to sign up to an 18 month contract. I have just received a bill for a massive £100.

When checking through the bill I have noticed that the are only giving me 100 texts a month! Also, they have added insurance and a web package that I specifically said I did not want.

I called them and asked them to rectify their mistake. they told me that I should have checked the contract and that they would do nothing to help. I don't remember getting any contract??? I certainly didn't sign anything!

What can I do? My colleague at work was with me when I signed up to this package and got the same deal because I told her it was availble so I know that they are messing me around.

Any help would be really appreciated as I am tied into an 18month contract and can not afford to be ripped of.

Thanks

A lot of companies record all sales calls and keep them for a certain amount of time. If you have not signed a contract it is then up to Vodafone to prove that you agreed to this. If it was me I would withold any payment till it is rectified. Be aware though that you may get temporarily cut off. From my own experience though, it is very hard to get money back that you have overpaid.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't suppose anyones knows if I have a leg to stand on?

I've not seen any contract and I have certainly not signed anything.

The tariff I've supposedly upgraded to is less beneficial than my previous one. I just feel like Vodafone try this on with everyone.

Anyone know what my position is legally?

legally, i would say that it is their word against yours, you could send them an SAR with £10 (they legally have 40 days to provide) and specifically say that you want a copy of all phone calls, and see where you go from there

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

You say you 'signed up' then say you didn't sign - how did you actually agree to this commitment? Secondly, it is often easy to be confused with the texts/minutes offered - this isn;t a contract matter, but the selected TARIFF. Look at the current tariffs of the Vodafone site and identify which one you think you should be on. If you don't see it, the chances are you mistook or misheard the deal being offered. To be charged £100 for texts means you'd need to have sent close to 1000 of them in the month - did you, or is this an overcharge?