style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence Robin, you should read the website, its about county court judgements. These threads are about unpaid council tax and parking tickets.

Doesn't change anything. Bailiffs can still only use peaceful entry for council tax and parking tickets.

Pretty much yes.

Which gives advice on county court bailiffs. Your thread is about a parking ticket.

Correct.

For goodness sake BD stop nit picking.. the thread is about a bailiff and what he did wrong.. and how I won my case.

you dissagreed with me that placing your foot in the door was legal.. I showed you that it is .. whether the bailiff is working for the council or not a certified bailiff cannot place his foot in the door as this is deemed illegal/unlawful.

i had my wifes car clamped by bailiffs chasing a parking charge 1 year ago they threaten her and she gave them my redit card number and paid it....on returning home i called the bank and told them it had been used without my consent and they refunded me....about 2 months later a man came to door from the bailiffs and troed to get me to pay i told him to F off he called the police and they turned up, i told them i had asked the man to leae and he replied no and stuck his foot in the door and refused to move it... the police arrested him because he refused to leave the property

For goodness sake BD stop nit picking..

Im not the one who come onto this thread nit-picking....

I have to correct you there Bongo it is ilegal for a bailiff to keep his foot in the door when asked to remove it.

And you are wrong. Its illegal for an uncertificated bailiff for keep his foot in the door. No certificate means no permission to enter the property.

i had my wifes car clamped by bailiffs chasing a parking charge 1 year ago they threaten her and she gave them my redit card number and paid it....on returning home i called the bank and told them it had been used without my consent and they refunded me....about 2 months later a man came to door from the bailiffs and troed to get me to pay i told him to F off he called the police and they turned up, i told them i had asked the man to leae and he replied no and stuck his foot in the door and refused to move it... the police arrested him because he refused to leave the property

Finally, police upholding the law! :-D . Good stuff.

And thats the correct course of action. Why? The debt was discharged and the credit card was subsequently refunded under a chargeback. A LO or Charge Certificate cannot be enforced twice (technical reason) so any recovery action by a bailiff following a chargeback for his losses or fees can only be through the Civil Procedure Rules and a county court bailiff enforcing a CCJ cannot enter the debtors property without permission.

No one is trying to have a pop at you BD, it's just that this type of communication is prone to cross-communication, that leads to misunderstanding, and the lack of direct feedback means that what is written can be misinterpreted.

I think your contributions are as valuable as anyone's - doesn't mean I have to agree with all that you post :D

Anyone else want a pop at me tonight?
Noone is having a go at you personally, but you have to realise that the bailiff trade is a very emotive subject on these forums because the majority of people come here for help after they have been scammed, cheated, lied to, or even assaulted by bailiffs.

Considering that a CAB report proves that a majority of bailiffs break the law in some form or other, I'm sure you can understand why we feel that most of them are disreputable at best. Therefore, it is very important that the correct advice is given out.

Where?

Leaving his foot in the door is not illegal. The rules are no violence or damage be caused when gaining peaceful entry. There seems to be consensus on this forum that passing the threshold automatically invokes a levy fee. That is incorrect.

post #13

Leaving his foot in the door is not illegal. The rules are no violence or damage be caused when gaining peaceful entry. There seems to be consensus on this forum that passing the threshold automatically invokes a levy fee. That is incorrect.

I think we have established that it is