Transferal of mobile contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So to start of here is the story.

I had a contract with 3 which was used by someone else. The contract was in my name. The contract was coming to an end and i told the person that i would like to transfer the contract to them. Then last month a get a phone call while im driving from a guy, i was all confused who it was at first. He explained he had the user of the contract on the other line and wanted my authorisation to discuss tranferal and renewall with the user, which i agreed thinking that it was out of my hands now. He then mentioned that if it did go ahead i would have to get the new phone and transfer it at a later date. We then ended the call. I left the call thinking it needed to be discussed again. A few weeks back i get a card from the postie saying he had a package for me. Not knowing about anything coming and not having any chances to get to the post depot i didnt pick up the package till last week. I found that it was a new phone. I talked to contract user and they confirmed they had asked for a new contract but had not heard anything since and did not want the contract anymore as they have taken out another one with Orange.

So i phone three today and explain the above story and they said it was done by a dealer and i would need to talk to them direct and the gave me there number. I called them and explained the above and the dealer explains that since its been so long they can no longer help me. I argued that no one called me to say a new contract had been set up and that a new handset was being sent. I had no knowledge except for a 1minute phone call with a guy asking if the the user can discuss the contract.

I listened to the original phonecall with them and you can clearly hear me confused by the whole call.

Spoke to three and they say they can't help because its all been done by the dealer.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me if i have ground to stand on. I feel i do as i was not completely informed of a new contract.

advice please?

Hi and welcome. Sorry it's taken so long for you to get a reply.

I can't actually help, but hopefully my reply will bump your thread to the top of the forum and someone else will be along shortly.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Providing the SIM has not been initialised in the phone, and the handset is still sealed. Return it immediately by SD with a covering letter, explaining you never requested a new/upgraded handset and are returning the equipment for cancellation. Briefly explain that any delay was due to you not expecting any handset and the late receipt. It'll be rocky, but you will win out.

thats for the help guys.

but good news

after calling them to request their address details to write a letter. The person i was dealing with called me back and then spoke to his manager and has done a one off and is allowing me to sent it back.

For future reference the company was 3D Telecom

Cheers

good to see if was sorted out,

heres the law on this.. you can authorise someone to talk about the account, change the payment date, change the tarrif ect BUT.. no one expect YOU can upgrade /renew or cancel the contract..

no wonder they have agreed a ONE OFF