Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Mr Gardner,

I am writing to you to complain about Link Financial and their non compliance of my requests under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

I have made two requests and they have only replied to one and their reply is most unsatisfactory. They state that my statutory fee has been applied to reduce a debt, not for the correct reason. This is theft and will be reported to the Police as such. I attach copies of all correspondence with Link Financial and await details of the action you will be taking against Link.

Yours sincerely

Mrs P

Complaint also made to OFT, just the Police to go.

phatram, I doubt you'll have any luck with the Old Bill. Firstly, they'll have to fill out a risk assessment as this might well be a new type of offence to them. Secondly, they will quickly come to the conlusion that it is all too difficult and in any case is a civil matter. Thirdly, they've got far too many innocent motorists to harass/money to raise.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Mrs P

I urge you to contact Consumer Direct or your Local Citizens Advice Bureau as I am unable to advise you on the documents you attached and the issues you wish to address. If Consumer Direct determine that a criminal offence has occurred or that your case is particularly complex, perhaps requiring further advice, they will refer your complaint to your local Trading Standards Department. Additionally a record will be made of your complaint which can be reviewed by the Office of Fair Trading who regulate the activities of Debt Collection Agencies.

Yours sincerely

Robert Gardner

Robert Gardner

Trading Standards Manager

Regeneration, Housing and Environment

London Borough of Lambeth

2 Herne Hill Road

London SE24 0AU

020 7926 6122

LONDON'S FASTEST IMPROVING COUNCIL

Hi AC and all, I have been pushing my complaint through with TS Caerphilly for some months now, and together with all the complaints received from those on this site, perhaps it is finally starting to do some good. I received this email today from TS:

Miss X has had further discussions with the OFT to whom details of all complaints etc., have been passed on by both Lambeth and ourselves. The OFT have indicated that they will be able to update us on their position in relation to this company hopefully within the next two weeks.

When I am aware of the OFT's position I will be able to consider what action, if any, it is appropriate for Caerphilly to take.

I'm sorry for this delay but I feel it is only prudent to establish the position of other interested parties before considering what options may be available.

Regards,

Hope we will all fnally get somewhere, Link has been able to get aways with their appalling ttactics for far too long. Magda

Very Good MAGDA!

I am still bashing away at Lambeth TS and will not give up.

Note, an MP; John Butterfill MP raised the issue about DCA's dubious practices today 29 October, at Prime Ministers Question Time.

John Butterfill MP for Bournemouth West stated that he was getting complaints from his constituents about store card/credit card debts being passed to DCA's and that the law needs changing.

The Prime Minister; Gordon Brown said;

the Government is looking at problems with DCA's;

He also said that;

He had discovered from other MP's that;

DCA's are not playing fair;

The law needs changing;

I suggest that everyone contacts there own MP's

AC

Hi all,

I have bombarded link with all the relevant letter off this site, nothing has been replied to yet, but this morning i received a letter from Thames credit quoting only an account number and asking me to ring them as they have been trying to contact me at another address and have now accessed public information to asertain my present address, and asking me to ring them as they hold the above (the reference number on my letter) agreementat the address shown.

Can anyone tell me is this likely that link have sold my debt on (i have stopped all contact with link and they have stopped phoning me or writing since the letters were sent.)

Im obviously not going to ring them but which letters should go to Thames please.

Doesn't look as if you had a direct reply to this. If it was me I would start with Thames from the beginning again. CCA request (with the addition "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company") and £1.- postal order and then put my feet up again. You know not to phone them and you will see what (if any) cards they hold when they reply to your CCA

Dear Mrs P

I urge you to contact Consumer Direct or your Local Citizens Advice Bureau as I am unable to advise you on the documents you attached and the issues you wish to address. If Consumer Direct determine that a criminal offence has occurred or that your case is particularly complex, perhaps requiring further advice, they will refer your complaint to your local Trading Standards Department. Additionally a record will be made of your complaint which can be reviewed by the Office of Fair Trading who regulate the activities of Debt Collection Agencies.

Yours sincerely

Robert Gardner

Robert Gardner

Trading Standards Manager

Regeneration, Housing and Environment

London Borough of Lambeth

2 Herne Hill Road

London SE24 0AU

020 7926 6122

LONDON'S FASTEST IMPROVING COUNCIL

I suggest that you write back to Mr. Gardner,

remind him that Link are in breach of the CPUTR's;

thus TS have to deal with the matter!

Also remind him that you are in receipt of one of the imfamous mass mailing DN's.

AC

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPRs) introduce a general prohibition on traders in all sectors engaging in unfair commercial (mainly marketing and selling) practices against consumers

Enforcement

7.7 The UCPD requires that there is adequate and effective means to combat unfair commercial practices. This has to include a procedure that allows court action to stop or prevent breaches of its prohibitions. This is achieved by adding the Directive and the CPRs to the Community infringements regime under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002. In addition the Government has decided that a breach of most the prohibitions in the CPRs will be a criminal offence. The CPRs place a duty on the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), local authority Trading Standards Services and the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment in Northern Ireland (DETINI) to enforce the Regulations."

Very Good MAGDA!

I am still bashing away at Lambeth TS and will not give up.

Note, an MP; John Butterfill MP raised the issue about DCA's dubious practices today 29 October, at Prime Ministers Question Time.

John Butterfill MP for Bournemouth West stated that he was getting complaints from his constituents about store card/credit card debts being passed to DCA's and that the law needs changing.

The Prime Minister; Gordon Brown said;

the Government is looking at problems with DCA's;

He also said that;

He had discovered from other MP's that;

DCA's are not playing fair;

The law needs changing;

I suggest that everyone contacts there own MP's

AC

Hi AC, yes, that would certainly be worth doing. The more we all complain, the more likely it is that something will be done. Glad to hear that you are still pushing ahead with Lambeth!icon7.gif

Magda

I have had a long talk with Lambeth TS, the advice that has been given is that, all consumers with complaints about Link Financial must lodge their concerns firstly with Consumer Direct, these complaints are then forwarded to the OFT;

next step, make a complaint to your local trading satndards. All local authorities have a statutory responsibility to enforce the law in their areas and undertake investigations.

Finally, write a letter to;

Mr. John Fingleton

Chief Executive

The Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Ask Mr. Fingleton, if he intends renewing Link Financial's consumer credit licence; Call into question their fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.

Expressing your own individual concern and experience that you have encountered with the Link Financial Limited unfair collection tactics.

We need as many letters to be sent as possible!

AC

Dear Mrs P

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct dated 28/10/2008. Your reference number for this case is XXXXXXXXXX and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Sorry to hear about the problems you have been experiencing with Link Financial.

Based on the information you have provided, the key legal points in response to your enquiry are as follows:

After you have written to Link Financial and given a final deadline to provide this information and obtained a proof of posting the letter, if it has still not been received then The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is the most appropriate organisation to then report this to. Their contact telephone number is 0845 080 1800.

You may also wish to report this to The Office of Fair Trading as they issue the Consumer Credit Act licence to Link Financial. Their contact number is 08457 224499.

Details of this case have been passed to Trading Standards for their intelligence purposes. Trading Standards will not contact you unless they require further information.

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 quoting the case reference number.

Thank you for your enquiry.

XXXXX

Consumer Direct East Midlands

Guest Menucha

Angry Cat

From the page I pulled up Public Register unless I have the wrong page - the Licence expired in May 2008.

I also see that the renewal has been PENDING since then.

I wonder why???????????????????

Does this mean that they are trading WITHOUT A LICENCE???????????

Edited by Menucha
addition

I have had a long talk with Lambeth TS, the advice that has been given is that, all consumers with complaints about Link Financial must lodge their concerns firstly with Consumer Direct, these complaints are then forwarded to the OFT;

next step, make a complaint to your local trading satndards. All local authorities have a statutory responsibility to enforce the law in their areas and undertake investigations.

Finally, write a letter to;

Mr. John Fingleton

Chief Executive

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Ask Mr. Fingleton, if he intends renewing Link Financial's consumer credit licence; Call into question their fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.

Expressing your own individual concern and experience that you have encountered with the Link Financial Limited unfair collection tactics.

We need as many letters to be sent as possible!

AC

Phantom,

the FOS is not the enforcement authority that duty falls upon Trading Standards.

Please see the above.

AC

Dear Sirs

I am writing to complain about the conduct of Link Financial Ltd. I was advised to contact you after communication with Consumer Direct .

I, along with many others, have been a victim of Link Financial’s mass mailing of unlawful default notices. I have sent 2 requests under Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974 which have not been complied with. The statutory fee for these has, by their own admission, been used illegally.

I believe they are acting outside of the law and I call into question their suitability to hold a consumer credit licence.

I await your advice, and remain,

Yours faithfully,

Mrs P

Anything to add anyone?

Edited by phatram
Faux pas

Here is a letter that I have sent to John Fingleton, OFT.

Adapt it to suit your own particular circumstance;

Tell Mr. Fingleton how Link have pursued and harassed you!

October 31, 2008

Mr. John Fingleton

Chief Executive

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Dear Mr. Fingleton,

Re; Complaint about Link Financial Limited

I write with reference to the above named firm who's abusive and 'Unfair Commercial Practices' have become intolerable to me and many other consumers.

After checking the public register of consumer credit licence holders, I note that licence number 0446835; Link Financial Limited, expired 02 May 2008. Please advise as to whether the OFT will be renewing this consumer credit licence and if so, what categories will be renewed?

To reiterate, I along with many other consumers have become a victim of the Link Financial Limited unfair practice tactics, therefore I take the view that Link Financial is not fit to hold a consumer credit licence.

I have made a complaint to Lambeth Trading Standards Service explaining that Link Financial Limited are in breach of section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; The Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulation 2008, as well as the OFT guidelines on debt collection practices.

Link Financial Limited is riding roughshod over legislation and regulations.

I hope that you will give this matter your most urgent attention.

Yours sincerely,

Angry Cat

Edited by angry cat
error

Asset Link Capital

No.1

No.2 and

No.3;

all hold current consumer credit licence's.

I did not state that Link Financial Limited do not hold a consumer credit licence;

I stated that it expired 02 May 2008;

the Link Financial consumer credit licence is, awaiting renewal by the OFT

Here is a letter that I have sent to John Fingleton, OFT.

Adapt it to suit your own particular circumstance;

Tell Mr. Fingleton how Link have pursued and harassed you!

October 31, 2008

Mr. John Fingleton

Chief Executive

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Dear Mr. Fingleton,

Re; Complaint about Link Financial Limited

I write with reference to the above named firm who's abusive and 'Unfair Commercial Practices' have become intolerable to me and many other consumers.

After checking the public register of consumer credit licence holders, I note that licence number 0446835; Link Financial Limited, expired 02 May 2008. Please advise as to whether the OFT will be renewing this consumer credit licence and if so, what categories will be renewed?

To reiterate, I along with many other consumers have become a victim of the Link Financial Limited unfair practice tactics, therefore I take the view that Link Financial is not fit to hold a consumer credit licence.

I have made a complaint to Lambeth Trading Standards Service explaining that Link Financial Limited are in breach of section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; The Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, as well as the OFT guidelines on debt collection practices.

Link Financial Limited is riding roughshod over legislation and regulations.

I hope that you will give this matter your most urgent attention.

Yours sincerely,

Angry Cat

Basically Guys, if you want a change then it will be to your advantage to make the complaint.

AC

Can I respectfully suggest that if you want the OFT to consider complaints re. fitness to hold a license under CCA then you need to very clearly address the precise terms re. licensing where they are in breach. Otherwise a few complaint letters won't have any impact.

Guest Menucha

My Postal Orders arrived this morning from my sister in the UK so I am now able to send the CCA and SAR letters off to Link and MBNA.

Couple of questions. Should I delete my phone numbers and email address from my letter heading?

It's about 3 years since I've even seen a UK Postal Order - do I need to fill anything in or can I just send it blank?

Cheers

Couple of questions. Should I delete my phone numbers and email address from my letter heading?

Cheers

Yes - not sure if Link would start telephone harrassment on a foreign number, but better safe than sorry. They do not need to know your telephone number or e-mail address. They would probably just misuse it to cause you undue grief