PCN - CCS Bailiff attending, need urgent advice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No I mean Im actually on the phone to Michael now. Hes looking into it for me right now.

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

Wasnt too helpful being honest, his telephone manner is miles better though.

Basically he told me that he cant put it on hold as the printout from the bank says "LONDON BOROUGH OF" and it doesnt specify what borough, meaning it could have been paid to anyone. He told me to go to my bank, get a more detailed breakdown of the transaction and fax it over. He then said to speak to a Mrs Iqbal who is the supervisor dealing with my case. When I have received that then he said she will cancel it.

He told me they have no copy of the original PCN as the only one is left on the car.

Not absolutely sure but if they can't produce a copy of the PCN then they will lose by default I believe.

For now, just concentrate on the Stat Dec to get the dogs called off and then we can deal with the issue of overturning the PCN.

Just one question, why £120? You mentioned two cheques earlier? did you try and pay at the discounted rate? maybe some eventual mileage in that if so.

-

Yeah I sent one cheque but the post box by my house was set on fire!!

I then sent another but cancelled it and decided to pay by card.

It was £120 because I left it late to pay. I had lost my job see and couldnt afford it.

The TEC have just told me to get this signed, forget about copies of the paperwork as the PCN number will do, and to go to a county court to get it witnessed for free.

and to go to a county court to get it witnessed for free.

Well if ya'd listen to ya uncle ting in the first place ! LOL !

Actually mate i admire your determination and fast responses. that is why i've responded myself. someone willing to listen and get out and help themselves is far more refreshing than the ones who go off wimpering.

-

I just hate them, pure leeches motivated by money and greed. I appreciate the quick responses.

I just wish common sense would prevail. Im from Liverpool, Im not going to be paying council tax in Laarrndan am I?! SO OBVIOUSLY ITS FOR A FINE.

Tell you what though mate, Im being proper careful from now on and keeping everything I ever pay for, send back, fill in etc.

I have o2 on my case for a phone which I sent back last year. They want £700! This forum created me a letter which I sent. I stated that if I didnt hear a response in 14 days I would consider the matter concluded. They havent responded.

I might actually book Thursday off just so I can laugh at the bailiff.

Oh, by the way, can I fill this form in now and get it signed tomorrow?

Great stuff, youve been a massive help today. Im off home from work now and have a meeting at 6.30 then coaching at 8!! Busy night for me!

Off the courts tomorrow. Ill come on here and let you know what happens.

Thanks again mate.

Went the county court yesterday morning, the magistrates were happy with me and signed my Statutory Declaration. They said they hoped Newham would see sense and to thank them for wasting everyones time.

I faxed it off to Northampton TEC, who have forwarded it on to Newham and told me to sit back and have a breather.

Cheers Ting!!

Edited by davey_weir
Incorrect content

Ok, good that you progressed it so quickly but don't rest easy yet.

i'm not sure of the timescale for Stat Dec outcomes or even clear about who makes the decision.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I hope but my basic understanding is >>>

It is put to the Council by TEC - Council decide. If they refuse to accept I believe you then have a right to get a District Judge to force it or stuff you - whichever they decide.

(As I said - anyone correct me if I'm wrong here)

Meanwhile I suggest you just play safe by enhancing that Bank evidence - just to have final proof. Don't let the bank wriggle out of it with excuses, there seem to be a few good experts on banking on this site so maybe someone can help you with that.

Ideally, faced with the Stat Dec, Newham will back down completely without the need for a dispute. Legal action like that has a way different effect to phone calls. I hope so. Keep me posted.

-

Meanwhile I suggest you just play safe by enhancing that Bank evidence - just to have final proof. Don't let the bank wriggle out of it with excuses, there seem to be a few good experts on banking on this site so maybe someone can help you with that.

-

Called the bank 5 minutes ago, they informed me that they dont have any further proof and dont issue more detailed break downs of payments, especially from over a year ago. They said that as long as the printout has my sort code and account number on that is proof that I have paid whoever it says on the statement (but it only says London Borough of)

I think I have about 15 days until they decide what to do with the Stat Dec. Any advice what to do in the meantime?

The local authority have 19 business days to either accept or reject you application. If they do reject then a "Court Officer" will have the final say.

If they also reject then you are given the opportunity to appeal by completing an N244 Application which will be sent to you by TEC. This will enable you to get in front of a District Judge at your local county court.....but there is a PROBLEM.......

As of today, 1st October, the Traffic Enforcement Centre are charging a FEE OF £75 PER PCN to transfer your case.

They were also going to be charging a fee of £35 PER PCN to complete the Out of Time Declaration.....but this fee was dropped on Monday....

As of today, 1st October, the Traffic Enforcement Centre are charging a FEE OF £75 PER PCN to transfer your case.

They were also going to be charging a fee of £35 PER PCN to complete the Out of Time Declaration.....but this fee was dropped on Monday....

Are these fees simply another money-maker or did they at least attempt to justify such a huge charge?

They know that there are many dodgy tickets etc that cause appeals. They know that with cash tightening that more and more people are probably going to fight 100 quid plus tickets dished out like confetti. This will help keep the wheels of the cash machine well oiled.

Obviously it's just another way of putting people off appealing and expecting them to pay up instead. For the record the forms are available to print off in PDF format, link below. Note you can print them off but not save them.

FORMS HERE

MORE INFO HERE

Oh, just one other thing to bear in mind - you don't have to let the bailiffs in but they can take your car unless it's on a driveway with locked gates or in a locked garage!

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

So what will be the point in fighting a £100 PCN if you have to pay £75 to have it moved and might still loose the case?

Even winning will only save you £25 so willl it be worth it?

Well that's obviously the reason behind introducing the charge. More and more people are fighting unfair tickets, which defeats the object of the system in the first place (which in my opinion is already designed to make you pay up rather than go through the hassle of appealing then paying more when you lose etc. etc.)

All part if this country's obsession with taking as much off you as they can, in whatever way they can. The whole issue of parking enforcement is just another stealth tax in my view, and with the amount of money they are raising from it, it will only continue to get worse and worse.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Its been well over the 19 business days, but I dont know what to do or where to go from here. Ive heard nothing from Newham nor the bailiffs. What do you suggest?

Sorry Davey. Out of answers. Can't advise when we reach a point I'm unsure about.

If you don't get any replies - and you haven't had - take it over to the PePiPoo forums (parking) as I suggested for your mate's speeding ticket.

They will know and likely to respond quickly.

You don't want to risk the bailiff reappearing.

-

• 3 months later...

Basically mate, the story is up to date on pepipoo. However, Trading Standards are now involved and their enforcement office have copies of every letter and list of every text they have sent me and are considering action.