BT Billing issue and one off charges

xone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just left BT through thier choice. I moved home in March this year and changed all my utilites over as you do. In the process BT changed my billing to internet billing which I had not asked them to do. I didn't recieve a bill and didn't chase it up as I assumed it was quatrely billing, no matter though as I had a direct debit set up right? Anyway, the phone got disconnected! I phoned them from my mobile and listened to thier robot talk to me for the best part of 10 mins before I managed to speak to someone in India, not a problem but som etimes I cannot understand someone who really can't speak English. "Yes sir we've disconnected you because of a non payment of bill" I was told, Hold on! Direct debit was set up and funds in the bank to cover it?? So, payed the bill asked for them to make sure the direct debit was working and that I'd be billed via the paper method in future. Same thing happened again, sorted it out again, and then the same thing happened again!! Three times all in all. Anyway, I missed the deadline dictated by BT to sort out the bill as I was on holiday so I've also now got and early leaving present from BT for leaving the term early.

What makes this worse is that I only had the line listalled just for broadband. I didn't make one call on the line. I know the direct debit was working with BT as they managed to take out £4.25 on the 6th of May this year and I made sure that the direct debit was set up and working with BT twice as they disconneceted me! There were at all times sufficent funds in my account to cover any major bills. I've been charged in total £226.00, not including the leaving early charge. This is already way more than what I would have payed if I completed the 1 year contract with BT. I been charged for late payments and reconnection and also for leaving early which wqasn't my choice!

Is there anything I can do. I've written to them asking them to refund any charges and cancle the final bill, I sent with that letter a copy of my bank statment dating back to when I changed my address. I've had no response apart from a letter from thier debt collection agency.

What are my consumer rights on this? I'm unhappy with BT's service and I've been charged for something that wasn't my fault.

BT = British Telecom, Bombay Telecommunications or Bloody Terrible, take your pick. I am going to pm you a telephone number to ring to get this sorted. Give me 5 minutes to run upstairs and find it. :D

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

BT = British Telecom, Bombay Telecommunications or Bloody Terrible, take your pick. I am going to pm you a telephone number to ring to get this sorted. Give me 5 minutes to run upstairs and find it. :D

Thanks. appreciate it.

Hi just read your thread, I have had dreadful problems with BT for the last 6 weeks, having spent 8hr 40 min over this period trying to sort the problem out.

Iv just sat down to write a letter of complaint when I read your thread.

I moved from the flat upstairs to one on the ground floor. I asked for my phone and internet to be moved giving BT 7 days notice.

Moved in, no phone or internet for over a month, they sent an engineer out, phone was eventually connected 5 days later. Internet was not put on for another two weeks after that, then the following day off the phone and internet when again.

Finally after 6 weeks we are now up and running. During this time I received a telephone bill from BT with added charges for two new lies £160. & £50 Rang the first number and it says, this number does not accept incoming calls.

Rang the second number showing as another charge for another line and this said, you have an incorrect number.

Meanwhile, Iv been trying to get through to BT it has become a farce. and has driven me to dispair. Im still trying to get though to BT and each time Im passed around, and then someone cuts me off.

I really would appreciate it if you could give me a number to ring so I can get some sense out of these people.

Thanks in advance Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lynn

Just read your comments re getting throught to BT.... don't bother. It will be a waste of time for you. I've had problems with them for over a year so I would suggest you send a rec del letter to them and point out all the errors they have made, what you did to try and sort them and what you want them to do about it. I've just accused them of an offence under Compaines Act 2006 so am waiting to see how they try and get out of this one! I know how you feel when calling them but take my advice and save yourself hours of stress. Good luck.

David.

Sue 'em!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)