• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Freebird's flight path ***SOARING ABOVE THE CLOUDS***WON***

freebird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so I got back from school and phoned the court

just ringing then I realised they don't open till 10

so me having no patience what so ever ! phoned sechiari's.............................

...........................................................................................................

couldn't get past Ms. Hamlim.....................................................................

asked politely if they'd received my leter of the 26th. inst.

she said don't know, repeated all about the clearing house and said even if it had been received, they wouldn't deal with something dated the 26 th Sept as they were dealing with cases who's court dates were soon !

So I repeated all about Lloyds requesting 1 month to negotiate settlement and she went off "on one" saying that they would only take instructions from Lloyds and she didn't have to listen to me etc.......

I came so close to losing it.............................................

I said that then she wouldn't mind if I sent the recording of the telephone conversation to the court and she said she wouldn't give her permission as I hadn't told her that I was recording it !

( I wasn't)

we went round in circles and I never found out if they'd received my latter !

I phoned the bank and no one was available.....

I had to go out all day and when I got back at 6.45 there was a recorded message from Mr. Thomas of sechiari's brighton asking me to call him back...on 01273 205381..I phoned and left a message for him to get on Monday morn, and I'll call him when I get back from school on Monday too.........

BTW I'm getting pi$$ed tomorrow for my birthday anyway so I mightn't be capable of another coherant conversation till Sunday night..........

who said, I'm never coherant..............spelling ? lol

freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a good one Freebird - the fact of Mr Thomas phoning you back gets my hopes up a bit, as it's usually fairly promptly followed by a settlement offer. Don't want to get your hopes up, but you never know!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Happy Birthday Freebird. Have a great time.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks guys..good day and night had by all, lovely time with my kids and their Dad......

Well to be honest, that's what I thouhgt re Mr Thomas......trust me to miss his call eh ! but then again maybe he was just going to b......ck me for being stroppy with his colleague and threatening to give the recording of our phone call to the court ?

Well I guess I'll know tomorrow if I can speak to him in the morn eh ! I'll keep you posted..fingers crossed and a few prayers might do it.......Mum if you're looking down on me, please have a friendly word in mr.thiomas's ear please xxxxx

xx

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

We need all the help we can get, wherever it comes from. I am sure your Mum is right behind you willing you on.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

freebird, if you do speak to him in the morning will you come on here straight away and let me know so that i can then phone him and if they tell me he is out of the office i will know they are talking out of there rather large and rather full of dung backsides.

merci beaucoup.

i need my money back before i lose the P-L-O-T completeleyamondo.

Not much to report back as yet, He's "otherwise engaged" but they said he'll phone me back so I asked if he's busy all day and they said no, he will call me back so I'm assuming that he is in the office !

I'm on line now till 3 when I go for the kids and then tonight..........I'm back in after school but can't get on line until my little'un goes to bed.......so if I don't speak with any of you before I'll chat after 8..........

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

OK Molly if you're around phone him now, I've just spoken with him...it's about 2.30

He confirmed receipt of my letter.......

We then went round in circles...he said that they sent my letter on to Lloyds last week but he didn't know the exact date and then said that they now allow 21 days for Lloyds to respond as per their service agreement.

So I went through the whole thing of Lloyds requesting the month of October to respond and he said that if I hadn't sent them a letter then they would have sent me one anyway, with instructions from Lloyds, ( when they got them ) which would have been in the month of October !

He was more or less saying that I had delayed things by writing to them first...as now I have to wait for 21 days for a reply !!!!!

I said I was going to write to the court re the same and he said well, go along then and have the stay lifted........

I asked him to phone Lloyds to speed things up and he refused as per their bloody effing service agreement !

So now I might phone Lloyds....

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

I'm in the same boat, I phoned on friday and they haven't a clue, or they are not willing to enter into dialogue.

As far as I am concerned they have had their month to attempt resolution since i contacted them a month ago, so I'm asking for the section A extra month to be not granted, and that if the judge decides to give it to them, that if no attempt by them to settle this within the month given for this, that he/she consider that expalary damages be awarded under the civil procedures guidelines, for their failure to attempt resolution when the asked for the extra time in the first place.

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Yes me too. I'm informing the court tomorrow of my conversation with Thomas and that he told me to instruct the court to cancel the stay if I wasn't happy....

I phoned Lloyds too to speak with Sean Coping and he was supposed to be calling me back after my school run but I didn't get back in time and there was no message left so I'll try him again tomorrow.

If it's left the 21 days as Thomas suggest, then it goes in to November, making a mockery of Lloyds asking for the whole month of October to enter into negotiations, as far as I'm concerned if they or their sechiari representatives don't enter into negotiations with me..this month then the courts should tell them to pi$$ off.

what got me mad was..Thomas saying that if I hadn't written to them, then they would have contacted me sooner..so my letter was delaying things !!!!! well if that's the case then he can tell me over the phone NOW...what he was going to contact me for..right ?

Really Guys..Lloyds aren't arsed cos they're minted and a few thousand quid is neither here or there and of course we all know that solicitiors sit on things to bump up their fees..........it's only us who are skint who count the days and get excited over a "letter or phone call"

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

phoned the courts and they've granted a stay to Lloyds but she said as the judge hasn't instructed her yet she's not sure but the stay date could be till mid Nov...........so she's saying continue with the negotiations......

so up to now I'm negotiating with myself..........or the wall...so I'll go off and settle with myself...........been doing it for years...lol...so what's new

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

ellie, I'm off out to school now but, hangin on in here is all I can do or I'll go mad.............

thanks for your support

xx

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

freebird, sounds so frustrating, im just coming up to the same bit so watching your thread with interest.

one question, when you filled in your aq, did you put your original moneyclaim figure, or did you add interest on?

Price vs Lloyds TSB - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - - letter sent 21/06/2006

response received 20/07/2007

Total amount to claim £1052.50 !

prelim letter sent 24/07/2006

first rebuff letter received 27/07/2006

LBA sent 10/08/2006

Moneyclaim submitted 31/08/2006 - Total £1485.41 :D

Defence and AQ recvd 07/10/2006

AQ returned to court 12/10/2006

AQ returned to SC&M 13/10/2006

AQ received frm SC&M 23/10/2006

Conditional offer recvd 29/11/2006 :)

No Moo I didn't add any more interest as I beleive from the advice on here that the court/ judge advises if interest is added but I did add on the further charges since my original claim went in..........

I think that the interest since the money claim went in is a negotiation tool maybe for us ?

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

well sechiari have just said that a letter is being sent to me tomorrow..indicating what Lloyds have said in reaction to my letter offering to settle out of court.....

now sechiari are dragging their feet and he wouldn't tell me what the contents of the letter would be...but I guess allowing for their ridiculous mailing system...I should get the letter..mid next week...why the hell couldn't he just tell me over the phone ?

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

I think that the interest since the money claim went in is a negotiation tool maybe for us ?

The interest keeps adding until the day it is settled, so if you get an offer without it, keep holding out, especially if it goes on for a while. You are entitled to it.

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this and just been reading your threads. I've been visiting this site for a couple of days to have a look to see if anyone esle seems to be having problems with TSB because I was beginning to get a complex! It's helped me a lot to read some of the cases and will probably give me the strength to carry on.

To bring you up to date, I have got as far as AQ which I must submit by 30/10/06. I have got to admit I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall and just needed a chat about it xx

Wow bullfold you have done really well doing all that on your own. I am so glad you decided to share that with us. It is amazing how it helps to share the burden. I am sure you will see from Freebirds thread how much moral support the site can give as well as practical help.

If you start your own thread with your story I am sure many of Freebirds supporters will look out for it and help you too.

By the way, in case you hadn't spotted it, there is a guide showing how to complete an AQ in the bank templates library.

yes thanks, Caro, I'm not too hopeful that the letter will be an offer though....more like a nother stalling tactic...

Hya, Bullfold and welcome to our forum....Caro's right, start up your own thread and we'll all chip in. You're right it's nice to share, and this place has helped me through all this trauma in more ways than one. Everyone is so supportive and informative...You've done well to get this far with out needing to shout out ( maybe you did that in private ) I'm just grateful that I can sound off in here and have a good moan and cry now and then with like minded people......

We help each other through and when the going gets tough, someone in here will always encourage us to keep going on...

LLoyds seem to enjoy putting us through it and I've lost it a few times, but my friends in here have kept me going.......

Get posting with your story so far so we can follow your's too.

• Haha 1

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

lets hope the letter from the solicitors is good news freebird!! got my fingers crossed! xxx

submitted my AQ today, so should be catching you up soon ;)

Price vs Lloyds TSB - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - - letter sent 21/06/2006

response received 20/07/2007

Total amount to claim £1052.50 !

prelim letter sent 24/07/2006

first rebuff letter received 27/07/2006

LBA sent 10/08/2006

Moneyclaim submitted 31/08/2006 - Total £1485.41 :D

Defence and AQ recvd 07/10/2006

AQ returned to court 12/10/2006

AQ returned to SC&M 13/10/2006

AQ received frm SC&M 23/10/2006

Conditional offer recvd 29/11/2006 :)

WTG Moo, I know we'll get there in the end..it's just dragging on and on, so I can't help but feel pesamistic about the forthcoming letter........

It couldn't possibly be an offer for the full amount..that's not my luck !

But hey, there's always a first time eh xx

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Hi Freebird - waiting with baited breath here. Any sign of the postie?

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

well they said they were sending it today ! Friday.......but wouldn't tell me what's in it......

If they sent it from there own office, first class it should come tomorrow !

if it's gone through their bloody....post dept..well then I expect it could be next week some time !

I've had me Prozack already..this..is all too stressfull......................

but rest assured the minute I get it, I'll be right on here with an update !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served