• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Freebird's flight path ***SOARING ABOVE THE CLOUDS***WON***

freebird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey close to me heart Caro...lol...looks like Reading gave them a run for their money too tonight eh !....4-3

well the only letter I got today was one off the court granting a stay to Lloyds till Nov 11th........... beats me ? If I wasn't so mad, I'd laugh at all the nonsense !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Freebird

Re faxing - I think the number at the top of their letterhead is to a fax in close proximity to the people who answer the phone and talk to us on behalf of Mr Thomas.

Each time I have faxed I have called them about 20 mins later to check it is front of them - each time they have told me they have it.

I think you're right sagaloo....

I'm faxing again tomorrow...I just wish I had one here at home..save time and more personal !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

BTW Riv, throw us a link to your thread..so I can follow..

ta

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Hey close to me heart Caro...lol...looks like Reading gave them a run for their money too tonight eh !....4-3

well the only letter I got today was one off the court granting a stay to Lloyds till Nov 11th........... beats me ? If I wasn't so mad, I'd laugh at all the nonsense !

Well at least it isn't a whole month, which they usually seem to be. I really don't understand why the courts allow these stays when both parties are meant to agree to them.

BTW I know nothing about footie but just thought You'll Never Walk Alone seemed quite appropriate for the site too. I just hoped you weren't a fan of the other lot when I put it in my post.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

prob is Caro..they already gave them the whole month of October to settle so now it's till 11th Nov aswell...........so that's nearly six weeks.........and it's been me doing all the negotiating up to now........

As for footie, used to be quite a fan, yes Red..but of course family committments are a priority and have been for 21 years now so, I only follow them from a distance........They're on way too much money..but that's for another debate...lol.....luckily our family was always split between Blue and Red so we all went to matches together years ago.........it's all too hostile now and the only footie I support is my 13 yr. old daughter as a goalie in her Saturday team..lol.......

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Any one help please...

If the Solicitors for Lloyds receives a fax but is not prepared to forward the contents on to Lloyds, as in their opinion " they do not have to take instructions from me "

does any one have the contact details of anyone at Lloyds who will be dealing with our claims.....

I know that Sechiari are acting on their behalf but....who would Sechiari negotiate with at Lloyds..........?

A fax or mailing address would do if any one has one as I don't expect they will take any calls from me !

I can't go in to all the details right now but it looks like Court is pending for me...as I've hit a blank with Sechiari......

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Might be worth a try I suppose, but I doubt you'll get much luck going down that route Freebird. Lloyds will most likely just say that they have instructed solicitors to act on their behalf and that all communication should go through them.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Any one help please...

If the Solicitors for Lloyds receives a fax but is not prepared to forward the contents on to Lloyds, as in their opinion " they do not have to take instructions from me "

More philibustering from SCM. Of course they are obliged to pass on any information you send to LTSB, LTSB are their customer! A solicitor cannot withold material information from their clients, they are duty-bound to keep them up to date.

They don't have to take instructions from you of course but you're not giving them instructions.

The original Bruce

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

If you have tried your level best to communicate with SCM but they stonewall you and it does go to court then it would look very bad for them and LTSB indeed.

They know of course that it will not go to court and are simply delaying and trying to annoy you..... :(

The original Bruce

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

which they are No6..they are anoying the hell out of me.......

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

which they are No6..they are anoying the hell out of me.......

So chill and let them continue to dig their own grave. You have done all you can, now don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that they are getting to you. Let them do the running for once, and if they don't you have proof for the court that you tried. Not easy I know, but oh so sweet when you win.:rolleyes:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It probably doesn't help your state of mind FB but for the record I'm in a very similar position with my LTSB claim.

SCM's AQ requested a month to attempt settlement so I wrote to them twice asking for their proposals; guess what? Yes, total silence from them. I sent copies of my letters to the court.

I then received a "stay to attempt settlement" from the court that runs until 8th November. I wrote again to SCM giving them until tomorrow to present me with their proposals. Nothing has been received so far.

If I don't hear anything tomorrow then I shall write again along the lines the bankFodder suggests.

A long hard road I know but try not to let it get to you, it will all turn out OK.

Nil illegitimus corbrundum!

Pete

Have you noticed though that on the rare occasion you do actually get a letter from SC&M, they've got the bloody cheek to add "kindly acknowledge safe receipt" on the bottom.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

sorry freebird i havnt replied to you question started my claim 7/6/06 and lloyds tsb paid up 18/10/06 the full monty no letter just turned up in the bank.

you will soon have your money. i have read your thread and you are a credit to your family and you should be proud of yourself and the courage you have shown is outstanding.i look forward to sharing your news soon.best wishes to you and your family.

Ladyhawk

thanks Sid, I too started off in June.....hope it's ending soon it's been a long 5 months !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

May the 18th I started mine. Lloyds was my first claim of about 8 and the way things are going its gonna be the last one to finish.

ok, friends I've done a lot of soul searching this last few days and consulted with a couple of friends and I've decided to share something with you !

I actually don't know if I'm doing the right thing as it could put me in the brown stuff but I have a gut feeling that I'm right and it should be shared.................

Remember I was waiting on "that" letter ? ( and still am )

Well they admitted that it hadn't been sent on the Thursday but the following Monday, which was last week........a week Monday gone...

So when I still hadn't received it by last Wednesday I phoned again and asked where it was.

As you all know the elusive Mr. Thomas and Co are sometimes very difficult to get hold of....but in the end I spoke with him.......I asked again what the contents were and he said wait until you get it.....but I persisted and in the end he said ok if you are not recording this telephone conversation I will tell you,, but you must not repeat it !

Now , me not being offay with the court system etc...I wasn't sure if that meant repeat it to the court but I also thought I wasn't supposed to say anything on here either!......so I've been biting my tongue for over a week now because I still havn't got " the letter " and I was worried that I would jeopodise my claim !

The gist of it was that Lloyds were offering a settlement of my claim to the full amount but with all the conditions attached and also they wouldn't agree to pay me by cheque...he then said when you get the letter, sign it saying you agree to the conditions and send it back to us .................

I was so shocked that I left the conversation there and came off the phone crying as it felt like it was finally over.................

But still no letter, so I faxed them last Sunday from our local Staples and sent them a letter too, saying that I would accept their offer of settlement, unconditionally and by payment of cheque to myself........

I knew he'd get the fax as soon as etc. so I phoned him on Wednesady but he said yes they had received it but he said it wasn't going to be forwarded to Lloyds as the previous offer still stood and when I asked him to forward my terms of settlement on to Lloyds he just kept saying we have sent you another copy of the original letter containing offer of settlement and ther was to be no negotiation ! He also said you can not dictate terms of settlement and you are not my client so he does not have to take instructions off me.....I wasn't instructing, just asking that he ask Lloyds to accept my terms !

I spent the whole of Wednesday and Thursday going round in circles to every dept. of Lloyds you can imagine and the last thing I did was leave a voice mail message for the Cheif Exec at their head office.........

Still no letter even today and I'm worried sick that I've cocked things up......so that's why I've decided to share all this with you..nothing lost now..what I thought they were offering hasn't even been confirmed, so I have nothing concrete to go on !

I sent another fax yesterday and letter referring to our telephone conversation, again saying that I will not accept conditions and that I want payment by cheque with in 7 days or I will let the court decide and they might even add on subsequent charges and more interest........

Well friends, that's where I'm up to......yes I was elated to say the least for a few days,, thinking that it was nearly over but I'm non the wiser today..........

I've had an ongoing migrane for 3 days now..and I mean real migrane.......head to foot of strangeness and anxiety............

After my daughter's footie in the morning we're going to Wales for the day to chill.....just hope my head eases to drive, I need to get away from all this for a few hours..wish we could stay over but the irony is..I'm skint ......so back here tomorrow night.......

One step closer, I know but so bloody frustrating that, you know when , you're nearly there but not quite..it's like having a carrot dangled under your nose...

Freebird x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Personally I think you've done the right thing. You know my feelings on this.

It will happen for you, you just have to hang on in there; yes I know that's easy to say but they are simply trying to grind you down.

Have nothing to do with it.

I know what it's like being skint and I sympathise. But make the best of it and grit your teeth. It WILL happen!! :)

Pete

I agree Pete, I 've thought a lot about it and to be honest it was wrong of them trying to hush me up and frighten me in to thinking that if I came on here to discuss it and look for some support it would bugger up my claim..for Christ's sake, why am I frightened of them, what can they do ? see me in court.........

I would hope that they would still keep to their word and offer me the settlement but take my terms in to consideration which are with no conditions attached and payment by cheque..........it's not like I'm arguing the amount, I gave in with the subsequent charges and any further interest that the court would perhaps add on.so what's the big deal......

Yes I know it's another stalling tactic................

I just thought it was right to share it with everyone so they could see what games are being played.......

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

You've done two things very right today, FB.

1. Telling LTSB to get stuffed, and

2. telling us

LTSB/SC&M's behaviour is DESPICABLE.

Sooner or later they will get their come-uppance.

Have a good day tomorrow, chill out and I'll bet that migraine fades!:)

Elsinore

Elsinore, cheers, mate, to tell you the truth, I feel better now just knowing that you can all share it with me, you know a problem halved etc....

People have got to know the dirty tricks they play !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served