• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rbphot V Lloyds TSB ***WON***

Rbphot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , I would like to thank all the people on the site for the great info.

I've just started the process today and sent the DPA letter off to them, I'm not sure what to expect as they really hammered me with charges when a previous employer mucked me around with salary, ending with unemployment for 6 months, and I'm still suffering for it 3 years later.

Thanks

Ray

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Hi and Welcome

Whilst you are waiting for your requested info to come back the best advice we can give you is to keep reading around the forum especially the step by step guide on recovering your bank charges ( if you click on that 'bank charges' it will take you straight to the FAQ's ) .By also reading other peoples threads you will get a clear indication of what reply to expect to each step you take.Post any updates to this thread

please keep us posted

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks, Have looked into some of the posts, it's good to see what reply others have had, and the ways to deal with the attempted side stepping the banks will try to not deal with you.

Ray

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

• 4 weeks later...

Well onto step 2, received my account information I requested under DPA, first letter sent of to Lloyds today asking for my money back they have charged me over the years.

The voyage begins!

Ray:|

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

True, they own me a little over 2K,and I'm also planing to sent off a first request tommorrrow to Lloyds Amex card for £60 as due to Lloyds putting £90 of charges on my account in march there was insuffient funds to pay the DD.

Ray

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

• 2 weeks later...

Well the expected " we are sorry you are unhapppy with our service" arrived with the new bits in it about they are suppying a service,it's not a penalty we have charged you,also that the OFT decision does not apply, and a load of crap about them always being there and willing to help if you have problems.

Plus the insulting leaflet if you have a complaint, BLAH BLAH BLAH

I wonder if this Mandy Horton is the same computer that decides if they can give you a increase in overdraft or loan!

Well on to stage two then, as expected and as they said in the movie "Demolition Man" Repeat the request in a firmer tone!

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

• 2 weeks later...

Well the expected letter arrived today from lloyds saying that this was there final response and refering me to the Financial Ombudsman, so onto the legal proceedings as of the 31st July as this is the final deadline date.:|

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

Hi, I'm submiting my claim today and have a few questions..

1. what address does everyone use for lloyds

2. can you attach the details(speadsheet calculation) as I know from other threads that space is limited to input information.

Or

As the county court is 2 mins away from where I live, can I drop in the N1 to them, and is there anything I need to know if I do it manually!

Thanks

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

Hi, I used

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

25 Gresham Street

London

EC2V 7HN

If you are filling in the N1 by hand then space isn't limited like it is on moneyclaim and you can use more than one sheet (I did :-) ) so yes, you can attatch the details.

Make 2 copies of everything before you take them to the court, if you are doing it manually. The court will then send you a copy, and have one for themselves and one for the bank.

good luck!

Thanks for the info, I went with the moneyclain online route, and submitted today, do I have to inform the Modds and move my thread.

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

:D Submitted my money claim today, the countdown clock has started.

I wonder how long they can hold out for, surely the pressure must be building with the FSA and OFT now gunning for them with there latest investigations into unfair policys etc.

Hope it hurt's and would love to be in the next share holders meeting.

Maybe that's an Idea use some of our money and buy some shares just to crash their meetings and have our say!!!

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

hey rbphot

Am just about to file my claim online. Could you possibly paste the text you used for the particulars of claim? This seems to be a bit vague on here so far. I know the space is limited, but don't want to delete anything important, etc.

Also IS there anywhere to attach a spreadsheet?

Cheers

Gemma

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

Hi Gemma, Doing it online is really easy, the only limitation is 1080 characters and only 24 lines long.

As for attaching the speadsheet, you don't need to, when the alocation questionare is fillled in you can submit it then, all you need is the details, ie amounts, Acts that the penaltys relate to etc, see below

I have a contract with Lloyds TSB Bank PLC, under their standard terms and conditions. I am claiming return of money taken by the defendant in the way of penalty charges over the last 6 years, totaling £xxxx.xx. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable within

the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The bank has

declined to justify the charges. I claim interest under section 69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from (01/01/2001) to (01/08/2006) of £xxx.xx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment at the stated rate. I therefore claim a total of £xxxx.xx.

It just has to be straight to the point with the relevent information, hope this helps, I got it from another post and just changed it to my needs.(thanks to the board)

Ray

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

Well all seems to be going as everyone suggested, claim was agknowledged on the 4th August so now need to wait for the defence and to see which company of muppets get's assigned the case by Lloyds.

How long after the 28 day do you normally recieve the AQ from the courts?

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked online and they have filed a defence at the 11th hour as usual, how long does it take for the AQ to be sent out and a local court to be appointed?

I'm sure it's the solicitors Sechiari Clark & Mitchell, that are causing the delays on purpose, the longer it takes the more they make from Lloyds, bet their profits have gone up 10x since taking on these claims, It does make you wonder...

Also what happened to Martineau Johnson, are they still dealing with cases or have they been sacked, maybe they all had stress related fatigue, and had to take a holliday(wishfull thinking), I wonder how long it will take till this lot are over run by the ammount of work we are generating.:grin:

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

Good question. I was wondering what had happened to MJ and the lovely Heather, too. Never mind a holiday, they must have all retired to the Bahama's or somewhere what with all the money they must have made from representing Lloyds!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Well had a nice supprise, my AQ form and their Defence (which was the same standard one used before) was in the post yesterday when I got home, defence was submited last miniute on Monday, I must say the court officals at Northhampton are an efficeint lot, Thanks if your reading the forum guys/girls.

Relocated case to Brentford, I'm planning to fill it in and drop it down to the court today, and forward a copy of to the solicitors as well.:D

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

To late. The 8% should have been added when filing your claim. You can make amendments, but there is a £35 non-recoverable charge for this. If you wish to amend it to include the 8%, you'll need to get in touch with the court. There is a spreadsheet to work it out in the templates library.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Gary, the 8% cause was applied when I submited through moneyclaim, all the T's crossed and the I's dotted, and included in the claim.

I just wasn't sure of the calculation to work out the daily rate(found it in the FAQ), so I could remind SCC that the longer the claim goes on the more it's going to cost their client.

Thanks for the reply.

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

It looks like they are getting a bit worried, as they are the first to put up overdraft interst rates in light of the new OFT/FSA investigation into banks and their profit making penalty charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/29183-new-oft-statement-leak.html

I wonder if they are getting ready for the avalanche of caims that this inverstivation will trigger, they are going to need some more ice cream sellers....:D

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

Ah I see. My mistake, I thought you meant you'd omitted it from the summons.

To be honest though, I can't really see that they're going to give a toss how much its costing their client. Won't hurt to give them a kick up the backside though!

• 1 month later...

Well as expected SCM asked and recieved the extra month to attempt settlement, so far the have ignored both my previous attempts to enter into dialogue regarding my claim, just as many others such as Freebird etc

:rolleyes:

Having read BF advice to Number6 about putting the ball in their court and seeing what they do with it, I sent this last week, am only posting it as now as it's been delivered to them yesterday.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you due to the fact that XXXXXXXXXXXXX, has ordered the months stay you requested to enable us to attempt to settle this matter out of court before the XXXXXXXXXX.

As I have contacted you on several previous occasions to see if you will enter into dialogue regarding my claim against your client, and received no response, I once again write to you to attempt to resolve the matter.

What I feel is required is an honest and sincere attempt to clarify the issues so as to produce a solution which represents a just result - such as the court itself might produce, but without the help of the court. And for us to work out what is the legal right and to agree a solution based upon that right.

This is my interpretation of the judge's order so I therefore propose that we attempt to deal with the main points.

1. Penalty Charges

If the charges are indeed a penalty for breach which is the consensus of me and many others, this is yet to be disproved by your client.

I agree therefore that your clients are entitled to recover losses caused by my breach. However, I do not agree that your client may profit from such a breach - and they cannot dispute this as it is already settled in law.

2. Service

Alternatively if it does turn out that their charges are for a service and not imposed because of a breach (which at the present time I am not admitting to), I would agree that they are entitled to make a profit. However, my position is that your client is only entitled to make reasonable profits and that what is reasonable can be measured by reference to S.15 Supply of Goods and Service Act 1982.

The first point above which is the major point of disagreement and is also the most easily resolved by your client, if they will simply provide a breakdown of their actual losses in relation to my particular case, based yearly as they can not claim that the costs or losses to them is the same in 2006 as it was in 2001. Then after examining the supplied information I would be willing to agree to whatever it discloses, and we can move forward.

As to the second point which is whether the charges are a penalty or a fee for a contractual service is actually a question which I feel is far more suited to be decided by an independent lawyer - such as a judge.

I hope that you and your client are being as sincere as I am to attempt a settlement of this matter through open dialogue, without the necessity of bringing the matter before a judge.

Therefore I await your response to this correspondence, as the time you requested expires shortly and you have yet to contact me.

I would be grateful if you could confirm receipt of this letter please.

I intend to send them a couple of reminders at 7 day intervals as well, to see if this gets them moving.

I hope that this might be a usefull approach that we can all use, well done BF for your suggestion.

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot

• 2 weeks later...

Well my stay is up on the 16th, and I had not heard anything from them last week to my letter, so wrote them a kick up the backside letter to remind then that they asked for the stay so what where they playing at!!

Dear ***********

I am contacting you again to remind you that the time given to you in the form of a stay to attempt settlement by the District Judge expires in 8 days.

The fact that you requested this extra time and have yet to even have the courtesy to acknowledged my letter of the ********* 2006 as I requested, leads me to confirm my conclusion that you request the stays automatically, I had this fact confirmed by a member of your staff in a telephone call to your office shortly after receiving your AQ, and that this was standard practice, even though you had no instruction from your client to do so or enter into dialogue to attempt settlement with regards to my claim.

This is a breach of the civil procedures rules, and is being used to delay and put off claimants; this also amounts to a misuse of court resources as you have yet to defend any case in court that I am aware of, instead choosing to settle at the 11th Hour.

Further more your request for the stay interferes with my rights under the European Convention on Human Rights directly and as enacted in the Human Rights Act 1998.

Art.6 1. of the Convention provides that “ In the determination of his civil rights … everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time.”

I hope that the case I have stated above is not true and that you and your clients do wish to engage in sincere dialogue to attempt a settlement of this matter, without the need to go before a Judge.

I have also stated in previous letters to you I have full confidence that when my case is heard by the Judge I will succeed with my claim, and will also pursue the matter of breaches by your company of the rules regarding my Human Rights and Civil Procedures at that time should it be necessary.

I therefore hope to hear from you soon to resolve the matter.

And just to poke them further gave them a ring to see why they had not confirmed recieving the 1st letter, It had been delivered but they seem to have lost it, so I sent a fax copy to them.

They called back and told me, they had just received the letter above(only posted the day before) and that they were being put in front of Mr Thomas to deal with.

We will just have to see what he does next, so far no reply from SCM, and the day after the stay ends, my letter and all those sent to SCM will be going to the judge citing there non co-operation.8)

My Cases

My useful posts

Rbphot