• Tweets

• By not sticking to the deadline which you set you have lost credibility. Your letter of claim becomes one of hundreds of others which they receive and which they put in the bin because they think that you are just bluffing.  
    • 05.05.24 Ever so sorry if I have entered this in the wrong part of this website.   My grandfather is in his 70's and retired.  He asked me to help him find a work pension that he was paying into when he was working. From 1967 - 1982 he worked for a Fabric Dying Company, Celanese, Spondon Derby UK. I have already used the GOV.uk Trace Pension Scheme. It listed a few pension companies : Akzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme formerly Courtaulds Pension Scheme.  I do not fully understand how this works but I think this scheme is administer by a company called Willis Tower Watson. We have called this company, got through to the pension department submitted all my grandfather's details (D.O.B. , N.I. no. etc.) but that agent tells that they have no record of my grandfather and ask what is the name of the pension scheme. Here is the problem, his home was burgalled in 2005 and a briefcase which contained his legal documents was stolen. So he does not know who was the Pension Scheme company. I have a this phone number 01332 681 210 for Celanese but it just rings and never gets answered. So I am asking for help if anyone can tell us where we can try next. I am also hoping for a massive long shot that one of them members on this website, worked for or knows someone who worked for British Celanese Spondon Derby and could tell us of any pension company. Thanks for any help.
    • Well I sent them the letter of claim, the only responses so far was a few emails reopening the claims on the parcels where they asked for information such as proof of value (which I get) but other things like photos of the parcels, which I haven't got as I never took photos of them. It's been well over the 14 days since I sent the letter now anyway, so what do you think I should do now?
    • Know it has already been answered, but? Does not explain why JCI has registered a different default date when they get the information from the original creditor, Virgin
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shortfall Court Summons - URGENT help needed please!

inafix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi IAF,

I have flagged this up to see if any other input can be made.

The Directions set out in post #180 above are the timetable of events which will lead up to a hearing, if the matter is not resolved between the 2 parties.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before - was there a Mortgage Indemnity Policy which you would have paid for at the start of the mortgage. Although you have to pay the policy premium, the lender benefits if the property is repossessed and sold at a loss.

If this was in place, the lender would have been paid out by the insurance and reclaiming from you now would be unjust enrichment on the lender's part.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was in place, the lender would have been paid out by the insurance and reclaiming from you now would be unjust enrichment on the lender's part.

:)

Unfortunately I don't think it's quite that straight forward. As I understand it, if the insurance company pays out, the insured still has an obligation under the terms of the insurance to seek repayment and reimburse the insurance company. It doesn't negate the borrowers liability.

You also need to check whether you had a Mortgage Indemnity Guarantee (MIG) on the house. This is an insurance that covers the mortgage lender against a loss. You would usually have paid it out as a lump sum when you first bought the house, or it could have been deducted from your mortgage advance at the time.

You need to check that your mortgage lender has made a claim on any insurance available. This could limit the amount you owe to the mortgage lender although the insurance company can ask you to pay back the amount they pay out to the mortgage lender. The insurance company sometimes asks the lender to collect their share for them. From 31st October 2004 your lender must inform you in writing if your mortgage shortfall debt may be pursued by another company.

Some people argue that the indemnity policy should cover the borrower for any shortfall as they paid for the insurance in the first place.

This is a complicated area of law .

Following a case called Woolwich v Brown 1995 the Court of Appeal has decided that generally mortgage indemnity insurance only covers the lender and not the borrower

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

HL Interactive Solicitors.

BRIEF HISTORY:

08/93 Vacated property.

10/94 Repossession Order granted???

12/95 Property sold

09/97 Contact from DCAlink3.gif(Logic group). 1st payment made

...continual unmissed payments....

04/06 Harrassment from DCA(now EOS Solutions) to pay in full.

.Contacted CAB and National Debtline.

.DCA in breach of 10+ OFT guidelines. Last payment made.

.Account in dispute. DSAR requested. No compliance

.Account closed and marked as 'written off' by EOS and file

returned to Halifax.

11/07 CIS Services instructed to reclaim balance.

.DSAR requested.

01/08 DSAR part received.

.Non compliance letter sent to HBOS. No reply.

02/08 Non compliance letter sent to CIS. No reply.

04/08 HL Interactive Solicitors instructed to reclaim balance.

05/08 HL request for F&F settlement.

.Rang requesting copy of possession order(as instructed by Nat.

Debtline) Told would send!

06/08 HL Final Notice

.Rang requesting copy of possession order. Told court proceedings

already issued.

08/08 HL letter before actionlink3.gif.

.Rang to delay proceedings until requested doc received. Told

proceedings already issued.

09/08 county court claimlink3.gif issued.

.CPR pt. 18 request for docs.

10/08 Defence filed.

11/08 Court Order to file aqlink3.gif + fee by 3rd Dec.

12/08 Case struck out. Claimant failed to comply.

02/09 Application to Reinstate

03/09 Court Order claimant to pay aqlink3.gif fee, my sols. fees and send copy

of Possession Order.

04/09 Case remains struck out. Claimant failed to comply on all 3 counts

02/10 New court proceedings issued!!

03/10 Application N244link3.gif to strike out as abuse of process.

03/10 Application denied..................

Was there any explanation as to why the explanation was denied?

Have just received from the court Notice of Allocation to the Multi-track.

Each party to give standard disclosure by July 2nd.

CPR31.6 covers standard disclosure. You each have to provide a list of all the documents you are going to rely on in your case. They have to disclose everything, even if it is likely to work against them. You have to do the same. PART 31 - DISCLOSURE AND INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS - Ministry of Justice

Any requests fo inspection or copies to be made by Jul 9th.

When you have had each others lists on 2nd July you have a week to let each other know which documents you want.

Statements of witnesses of fact are to be exchanged simultaneously by Aug xx.

At this stage you should have all the documents the other side are relying on, and be able to refer to them in your statement. You have to write down exactly what has happened to date. By exchanging statements simultaneously it means that no-one has the benefit of seeing the others statement before writing their own, so no-one can gain any advantage.

The parties shall consider by xx Oct whether the case is capable of resolution by ADR. If any party considers that the case is unsuitable for resolution by ADR, that party shall be prepared to justify that decision at the conclusion of the trial.

This is the courts way of trying to get both sides to resolve the issues without going to court. By doing this you may well be able to avoid costs. If you don't want to go down this route you will need to have good reason or you may appear unreasonable. If the claimant doesn't want to do this either the court is not likely to be happy with them.

I have no idea what any of this means.

HELP Please!

In all honesty I don't think that this is a bad order. You haven't been given documents previously, and it's always good to have standard disclosure as they have no choice but to reveal all they've done - good and bad.;)

There are also a lot of deadlines here. It is absolutely vital that you meet all of them and do exactly as the court instruct. Now whether the other side will manage to do the same is another matter. :rolleyes:

If the alternative dispute resolution goes ahead and doesn't work then the case will go to court.

Just take things one step at a time, and use your time wisely so you aren't panicing at the last minute. If you have questions ask them here in good time and we'll all try and help you.

First step is your disclosure list, so get all your paperwork together in date order, and think about if there is anything else that you will need if and when you get to court.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

03/09 Court Order claimant to pay aqlink3.giflink3.gif fee, my sols. fees and send copy

of Possession Order.

04/09 Case remains struck out. Claimant failed to comply on all 3 counts

02/10 New court proceedings issued!!

03/10 Application N244link3.giflink3.gif to strike out as abuse of process.

03/10 Application denied..................Was there any explanation as to why the explanation was denied?

Judge agreed with their sol. that it was not an abuse of process as the case has not yet been heard.

In all honesty I don't think that this is a bad order. You haven't been given documents previously, and it's always good to have standard disclosure as they have no choice but to reveal all they've done - good and bad

Does this mean they MUST produce a copy of the possession order before continuing?

There are also a lot of deadlines here. It is absolutely vital that you meet all of them and do exactly as the court instruct. Now whether the other side will manage to do the same is another matter
All deadlines were drawn up by the claimants sol. and submitted with their AQ.

If the alternative dispute resolution goes ahead and doesn't work then the case will go to court

This is definately the way forward for me. How does this work exactly?

Edited by inafix

Does this mean they MUST produce a copy of the possession order before continuing?

Have they been ordered to produce it by the court, are they relying on it in their defence/witness statement. Have they mentioned it in their disclosure ?

If the alternative dispute resolution goes ahead and doesn't work then the case will go to court

This is definately the way forward for me. How does this work exactly?

I dont know how you would signal that you would be willing to use the ADR. Were you given any notes that explains things ?

I will ask for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have they been ordered to produce it by the court, are they relying on it in their defence/witness statement. Have they mentioned it in their disclosure ?

They were ordered to produce it in previous proceedings, but NOT this time, even though I asked for it in my defence statement and my AQ. They say it is not retained on file?

How can the exact same proceedings be struck out for non-disclosure of the Possession Order, yet new proceedings can be allowed to go ahead?

I feel the judge hasn't taken any of this into consideration and it's all a bit one-sided :(

I dont know how you would signal that you would be willing to use the ADR. Were you given any notes that explains things? NO!

I did flag your questions for the site team. I will just go and see if there are any answers. BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Inafix, the post below was offered by steven4064

inafix signals his/her agreement to ADR in section A of the AQ

HTH

BCOBS

Inafix, the post below was offered by steven4064

Quote:

inafix signals his/her agreement to ADR in section A of the AQ

We had put 'NO' on the AQ ...reason being I was still awaiting a copy of the Possession Order before we could proceed any further.

Would it be wise to send a letter to the judge at this stage, again reiterating the importance of the Possession Order, with a mind to save costs, time, etc...........

I still feel this has been overlooked having been struck out in previous proceedings.

Would it be wise to send a letter to the judge at this stage, again reiterating the importance of the Possession Order, with a mind to save costs, time, etc...........

I still feel this has been overlooked having been struck out in previous proceedings.

The judge has asked for standard disclosure. They will need to produce everything, so I think that's covered. Letters to the court often don't seem to carry much weight so unless you want to put in a formal application and pay the appropriate fee I suspect it won't make a difference.

Just because you said no to ADR doesn't mean that the judge has to go along with your wishes.

Each party to give standard disclosure by July 2nd.

Standard disclosure requires a party to disclose only –

(a) the documents on which he relies; and

(b) the documents which –

(i) adversely affect his own case;

(ii) adversely affect another party’s case; or

(iii) support another party’s case; and

© the documents which he is required to disclose by a relevant practice direction

What documents do I need to send? Do I send them to the court or direct to the claimants solicitor?

If the Possession Order is not present, what then?

Edited by inafix
add text

You have to disclose ALL documents that you have which are to do with the case. You need to make a list of them all so that the other side can look and decide which ones they want to see. You MUST disclose everything, even if there are things that you'd rather not.

If you aren't clear about where the list needs to be sent give the court a ring to check.

I received their court bundle of docs. early March, so I'm assuming they will have exactly the same list as me. There is a letter to the court saying they do not have a copy of the possession order on file.

I am becoming very worried that the judge will allow the case to continue without them having it.

posession order : if this is needed by you I'd have thought the court should have a copy (since they issued it).this ...

they don't keep ANY documents more than 5 years!

If the Possession Order is not present, what then?

Can anyone tell me what the best and worst case scenarios are for me as to the outcome of tis case?

• 2 weeks later...

Contact the court on Monday and ask them to let the judge know that you haven't had their list so you cannot comply with the second part of the order on time, if at all.

It would be nice to think that he will strike out the case but there are no guarantees, and you may be better advised to submit an N244 application to have it struck out.

See what the court say on Monday.

Received their list today plus copies of everything (281 pages).

There is a court doc. Notice of Issue of Fixed Date Summons or Originating Application dated Dec. 93 for hearing in Feb. 94. Is this linked to the possession order?

There are loads of docs that I have never seen before, but it looks like they have a strong case.

I am starting to get really worried now.

Received their list today plus copies of everything (281 pages).

There's bound to be a lot going back over such a long time.

There is a court doc. Notice of Issue of Fixed Date Summons or Originating Application dated Dec. 93 for hearing in Feb. 94. Is this linked to the possession order?

Seems likely.

There are loads of docs that I have never seen before, but it looks like they have a strong case.

Don't forget they've had to disclose documents that go against them as well.

I am starting to get really worried now.

Don't panic. You've got a lot to do, but preparation is the key.

You have a lot of reading to do so use your time wisely. Just take it one document at a time.

Seems likely

If they have this and the notice form the bailiff enforcing the repossession, WHY have they not got a copy of the Possession order.

Do you think it could have been purposely 'mislaid' ????