• Tweets

• Hi LFI, Your knowledge in this area is greater than I could possibly hope to have and as such I appreciate your feedback. In your point 1 you mention: 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver. I understand the point you are making but I was referring to when the keeper is also the driver and admits it later and only in this circumstance, but I understand what you are saying. I take on board the issues you raise in point 2. Can a PPC (claimant) refer back to the case above as proof that the motorist should have appealed, like they refer back to other cases? Thanks once again for the feedback.
    • Well barristers would say that in the hope that motorists would go to them for advice -obviously paid advice.  The problem with appealing is at least twofold. 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver.  And in a lot of cases the last thing the keeper wants when they are also the driver is that the parking company knows that. It makes it so much easier for them as the majority  of Judges do not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person for obvious reasons. Often they are not the same person especially when it is a family car where the husband, wife and children are all insured to drive the same car. On top of that  just about every person who has a valid insurance policy is able to drive another person's vehicle. So there are many possibilities and it should be up to the parking company to prove it to some extent.  Most parking company's do not accept appeals under virtually any circumstances. But insist that you carry on and appeal to their so called impartial jury who are often anything but impartial. By turning down that second appeal, many motorists pay up because they don't know enough about PoFA to argue with those decisions which brings us to the second problem. 2] the major parking companies are mostly unscrupulous, lying cheating scrotes. So when you appeal and your reasons look as if they would have merit in Court, they then go about  concocting a Witness Statement to debunk that challenge. We feel that by leaving what we think are the strongest arguments to our Member's Witness Statements, it leaves insufficient time to be thwarted with their lies etc. And when the motorists defence is good enough to win, it should win regardless of when it is first produced.   
    • S13 (2)The creditor may not exercise the right under paragraph 4 to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges specified in the notice to keeper if, within the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which that notice was given, the creditor is given— (a)a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement; (b)a copy of the hire agreement; and (c)a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. As  Arval has complied with the above they cannot be pursued by EC----- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- S14 [1]   the creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer. (2)The conditions are that— (a)the creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper; (b)a period of 21 days beginning with the day on which the notice to hirer was given has elapsed;  As ECP did not send copies of the documents to your company and they have given 28 days instead of 21 days they have failed to comply with  the Act so you and your Company are absolved from paying. That is not to say that they won't continue asking to be paid as they do not have the faintest idea how PoFA works. 
    • Euro have got a lot wrong and have failed to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  According to Section 13 after ECP have written to Arval they should then send a NTH to the Hirer  which they have done.This eliminates Arval from any further pursuit by ECP. When they wrote to your company they should have sent copies of everything that they asked Arval for. This is to prove that your company agree what happened on the day of the breach. If ECP then comply with the Act they are allowed to pursue the hirer. If they fail, to comply they cannot make the hirer pay. They can pursue until they are blue in the face but the Hirer is not lawfully required to pay them and if it went to Court ECP would lose. Your company could say who was driving but the only person that can be pursued is the Hirer, there does not appear to be an extension for a driver to be pursued. Even if there was, because ECP have failed miserably to comply with the Act  they still have no chance of winning in Court. Here are the relevant Hire sections from the Act below.
    • Thank-you FTMDave for your feedback. May I take this opportunity to say that after reading numerous threads to which you are a contributor, I have great admiration for you. You really do go above and beyond in your efforts to help other people. The time you put in to help, in particular with witness statements is incredible. I am also impressed by the way in which you will defer to others with more experience should there be a particular point that you are not 100% clear on and return with answers or advice that you have sought. I wish I had the ability to help others as you do. There is another forum expert that I must also thank for his time and patience answering my questions and allowing me to come to a “penny drops” moment on one particular issue. I believe he has helped me immensely to understand and to strengthen my own case. I shall not mention who it is here at the moment just in case he would rather I didn't but I greatly appreciate the time he took working through that issue with me. I spent 20+ years of working in an industry that rules and regulations had to be strictly adhered to, indeed, exams had to be taken in order that one had to become qualified in those rules and regulations in order to carry out the duties of the post. In a way, such things as PoFA 2012 are rules and regulations that are not completely alien to me. It has been very enjoyable for me to learn these regulations and the law surrounding them. I wish I had found this forum years ago. I admit that perhaps I had been too keen to express my opinions given that I am still in the learning process. After a suitable period in this industry I became Qualified to teach the rules and regulations and I always said to those I taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. If opinions, theories and observations are put forward, discussion can take place and as long as the result is that the student is able to clearly see where they went wrong and got to that moment where the penny drops then that is a valuable learning experience. No matter how experienced one is, there is always something to learn and if I did not know the answer to a question, I would say, I don't know the answer to that question but I will go and find out what the answer is. In any posts I have made, I have stated, “unless I am wrong” or “as far as I can see” awaiting a response telling me what I got wrong, if it was wrong. If I am wrong I am only too happy to admit it and take it as a valuable learning experience. I take the point that perhaps I should not post on other peoples threads and I shall refrain from doing so going forward. 🤐 As alluded to, circumstances can change, FTMDave made the following point that it had been boasted that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing .... but now they have. I too used the word "seemed" because it is true, we haven't had all the details. After perusing this forum I believe certain advice changed here after the Beavis case, I could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember reading. Could it be that after winning the above case in question, a claimant could refer back to this case and claim that a defendant had not made use of the appeal process, therefore allowing the claimant to win? Again, in this instance only, I do not know what is to be gained by not making an appeal or concealing the identity of the driver, especially if it is later admitted that the defendant was the driver and was the one to input the incorrect VRN in error. So far no one has educated me as to the reason why. But, of course, when making an appeal, it should be worded carefully so that an error in the appeal process cannot be referred back to. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post here but I wanted to bring up this point for discussion. Yes, I admit I have limited knowledge, but does that mean I should have kept silent? After I posted that I moved away from this forum slightly to find other avenues to increase my knowledge. I bought a law book and am now following certain lawyers on Youtube in the hope of arming myself with enough ammunition to use in my own case. In one video titled “7 Reasons You Will LOSE Your Court Case (and how to avoid them)” by Black Belt Barrister I believe he makes my point by saying the following, and I quote: “If you ignore the complaint in the first instance and it does eventually end up in court then it's going to look bad that you didn't co-operate in the first place. The court is not going to look kindly on you simply ignoring the company and not, let's say, availing yourself of any kind of appeal opportunities, particularly if we are talking about parking charge notices and things like that.” This point makes me think that, it is not such a bizarre judgement in the end. Only in the case of having proof of payment and inputting an incorrect VRN .... could it be worthwhile making a carefully worded appeal in the first instance? .... If the appeal fails, depending on the reason, surely this could only help if it went to court? As always, any feedback gratefully received.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shortfall Court Summons - URGENT help needed please!

inafix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You must bring this late submission of WS to the Judges attention.. as soon as you can.

Do check with the court before leaving that they have received a copy of this as well.

Take the envelope and any covering letter to the court with you.

IMHO, despite their grovelling, this just shows further contempt for court procedure.

Good luck, fingers crossed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IAF, none of the CAGers who have been helping you are online at the moment.

You have a strong case, stick with the original plan.

They have to PROVE they have a good case.. I think you have enough to say that they havent. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Watching.....:D

BCOBS

BAD NEWS :(

Judge ruled in favour of the claimant.

It is NOT an abuse of process because the case has not been heard!

I have 28 days to file my defence.

This is the 2nd time today a Judge has got out of bed the wrong side :mad:

Ok, then we need to go through all your paperwork and posts and put together a slamdunk defence. I will have a look back over your thread tomorrow and try and round up some help for you.

I am really sorry to hear this. I cant believe the Judge let them get away with filing that statement just hours before the hearing:mad:

BCOBS

Feeling totally deflated just now, mate.

Sorry guys, I messed up!

I felt completely overwhelmed in there.

IMHO, I believe the judge had made up his mind before I even sat down.

He even mentioned that they'd had a virtually identical case earlier in the day, with the same appointed solicitor, representing GMAC.

The judge wasn't interested all in the facts of the last strike out, but said because of the amounts involved in should go to trial.

The sol. had his big white CPR book and was shoving it in front of me as he read passages from it.

I felt totally intimidated by both him and the judge.

I said I was doing everything by the book and on time, but a large firm dealing with these issues every day can please themselves. Its like one rule for me and a different rule for them.

Hi IAF,

This didn't go your way but Strike Out Applications are often turned down.

The experience has left you feeling down, but you have leared a lot from it. Next time you're in court, you'll be so much better prepared in many ways.

Use the time now to read up on your case, case law and use other success threads as examples to read and learn from.

Onwards and upwards. :cool:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

X20 is no longer here.

Will have a look back over your thread and see what can be done.

Have you started to put anything together ?

BCOBS

OMG!!!

Have today received a 'new' Claim Form from the court. (same particulars of claim as before (actually for slightly less?) and the same sols.)

Can they do this???

Court ordered that the claim remains struck out as the claimant has not complied with the conditions for reinstatement imposed by the order of 10th March 2009, as of 1st April 2009.

They did not pay the court fees nor my solicitors fees for attending court.

What should I put in the acknowledgement of service?

PLEASE HELP, I'm at a loss and really can't afford the solicitor again!

Have they paid the costs ordered in the original claim ?

I think you will need to private message ncdavis (nick) as I see he was helping before.

BCOBS

The court costs and my solicitors costs were paid AFTER the final strike out. They said it was sent in time, but the court must not have received it! The judge accepted this!

I did NOT receive a copy of the possession order, but the judge said they do not need one?

Thanks for your concern MamaG.

All my advice seems to have dried up!

Is there ANYONE out there who can help me?

Could someone forward this thread to Ell-enn??

It's nearly easter weekend and my defence needs to be in by next Tuesday!

Have flagged your post for attention of site team.

Have you done ANYTHING towards putting a defence together ?

Can you pop a summary of things to date in order to assist others looking in.

BCOBS

Thankyou so much CB.

As these are now new proceedings, I was hoping to use my original defence and add a few extra bits.

BRIEF HISTORY:

08/93 Vacated property.

10/94 Repossession Order granted?

12/95 Property sold

09/97 Contact from DCA(Logic group). 1st payment made

04/06 Harrassment from DCA(now EOS Solutions) to pay in full.

Contacted CAB and National Debtline.

DCA in breach of 10+ OFT guidelines. Last payment made.

Account in dispute. DSAR requested. No compliance

Account closed and marked as 'written off' by EOS and file

returned to Halifax.

11/07 CIS Services instructed to reclaim balance.

DSAR requested.

01/08 DSAR part received.

Non compliance letter sent to HBOS. No reply.

02/08 Non compliance letter sent to CIS. No reply.

04/08 HL Solicitors instructed to reclaim balance.

05/08 HL request for F&F settlement.

Rang requesting copy of possession order(as instructed by Nat.

Debtline) Told would send!

06/08 HL Final Notice

Rang requesting copy of possession order. Told court proceedings

already issued.

08/08 HL letter before action.

Rang to delay proceedings until requested doc received. Told

proceedings already issued.

09/08 County Court Claim issued.

CPR pt. 18 request for docs.

10/08 Defence filed.

11/08 Court Order to file AQ + fee by 3rd Dec.

12/08 Case struck out. Claimant failed to comply.

02/09 Application to Reinstate

03/09 Court Order claimant to pay AQ fee, my sols. fees and send copy

of Possession Order.

04/09 Case remains struck out. Claimant failed to comply on all 3 counts

02/10 New court proceedings issued.

03/10 Application N244 to strike out as abuse of process.

03/10 Application denied..................

Particulars of claim

1. By way of a legal mortgage dated xx xxx 1990, xxx and xxx charged the property kwown as and situated at xx xx to the claimant.

2. The claimant obtained possession of the property on xx Oct 1994.

3. On xx Dec 1995 the claimant sold the property in exercise of its power of sale as mortgagee in possession for the sum of £24,xxx.xx.

4. At the date of sale, the amount outstanding under the martgage was £48,xxx.xx.

5. The claimant apportiond the sale proceeds of £24,xxx.xx to the mortgage debt in the following order (i) interestlink3.gif, (ii) capital. Immediately following the sale in point 3, in the premises due and owing to the claimant from the defendant amounted to the sum of £24,xxx.xx. The aforementioned figure represented capital debt.

6. The claimant claims interest pusuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% per annum for the period of xx December 1995 and xx September 2008 in he sum of £24,xxx.xx.

7. Further, the claimant claims interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% per annum at a daily rate of £5.30 to the date of judgement or payment if sooner.

8. The claimant has received payments to the mortgage account to the value of £3,xxx.xx. between the date of sale and date of intended issue of this claim. On this point the defendant is specifically

referred to the provision of ss29 and 31 of limitation actlink3.gif 1980 which provide for Fresh Accrual of Action on receipt of a payment made by the mortgagor or a joint-mortgagor.

9. The defendant is jointly an severally liable for the full amount outstanding under the mortgage as detailed above.

10. ***Blah about Halifax being taken over by BOS. ****

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS:

1. the sum of £45,xxx.xx pursuant to details in paragraph 5, 6 and 8 above;

2. interest pursuant to details in paragraph 7 above; and

3. costs.

DRAFT / DEFENCE

1 Save that no admissions are made as to the existence of a term or condition in the mortgage deed entitlng the Claimant to bring the claim now sued upon, paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of the Particulars of Claim are admitted.

2 At all material times in exercising its powers of sale, the Claimant owed the Defendant a duty to obtain the best price reasonably available and to incur only reasonable costs in relation to the sale. It is denied, alternatively it is not admitted that the sum of £24,xxx.xx represented the best price reasonably available on the sale of the property. A reasonable price would have been not less than £35,000.00.

3 No admissions are made as to paragraph 4 of the Particulars of Claim and no admissions are made as to the the manner in which the Claimant apportioned the proceeds of sale. It is denied that on sale of the property there was then due and owing to the Claimant the sum of £24,xxx.xx.

4 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to discretionary interest on the sum of £24,xxx.xx under County Courts Act 1984 section 69 is denied. Alternatively, the Defendant will contend at the trial of this case that in the exercise of its discretion the Claimant's claim to statutory interest should be refused in whole or in part.

5 It is denied that the Defendant or any person with his/her authority made a payment to the Claimant in reduction of the capital sums now sued for in a manner which would have the effect of giving rise to a fresh accrual of a cause of action for the benefit of the Claimant. Alternatively, that there was a payment by the Defendant or a person with his /her authority and made voluntarily and of his or her own free will with such effect. Such payments as were made (none being admitted) were payments made owing to the representations and/or the duress an/or the undue influence of the Claimant, its servant and/or agent and upon the Claimant and/or its servant or agent falsely representing that (here give particulars of any representation etc inducing payment).

6 In the circumstances the Claimant's claim to be entitled to £x and interest thereon is denied.

Dated:

Signed:

x20

You may want to pass this decision to your solicitor...

http://anlaw.co.uk/downloads/files/Allaince%20and%20Leicester%20v%20Reynolds.pdf

regards

Nick.

This would appear to be an abuse of process.

It's questionnable whether you should file a defence. You may be better just to issue an application to strike out (use form N244).

As an aside, you probably should have ticked the box on the acknowledgment of service to say that you dispute jurisdiction, but it is too late now.

The order you seek is: The claim be struck out as an abuse of process under CPR 3.4(2)(b).

in the grounds section set the history out in detail:

(1) The claim should bs struck out as an abuse of process.

(2) On [date] the Claimant brought proceedings against me in respect of exactly the same matter under case number [xxxxxx].

(3) On [date] the Court ordered that unless the Claimant do file its allocation questionnaire by 3 December 2008 the claim be struck out.

(4) The Claimant failed to file its allocation questionnaire by 3 December 2008 and the case was struck out by the court.

(5) On or about [date] the Claimant applied for the claim to be reinstated.

(6) On [date] the Court ordered that

(7) The Claimant has failed to comply with that order and thus the action remains struck out.

(8) These proceedings are abusive. The claimant should not commence new proceedings. If it wishes to proceed, it should make an application to re-instate the struck-out proceedings and should provide an explanation the Court for its contumelious conduct.

(9) I also ask the Court to consider whether to make a civil restraint order under CPR3.4(6).

hope this helps

Nick.

URGENT...I'M LEAVING FOR COURT IN LESS 2 HOURS

HELP PLEASE ANYONE?

Have just now received a copy of witness statement from sols.

4 pages of jargon, but main points for their defence......

...the issues in the current proceedings have not been judicially determined as the substantive issues have not been heard by the court. The original proceedings wre struck out due to the procedural failings of instructing solicitor and therefore it cannot be said that the claimant is mis-using the court process by attempting to re-litigate that which has already been determined. To strike out the claim would deny the claimant its right to a fair trial of the issues which are the subject of the claim.

The instucting solicitors accept that they were at fault in the original proceedings and the claimant has a;ready been punished in the form of paying the defendants costs. To strike out the current proceedings would be to further punish the claimant for the actions of the instructing solicitors and as the issues in the claim have not been properly tried in any event, and the strike out of the current proceedings would entirely deny the claimant of its opportunity for the first time that which has not been determined by the court, namely issues which are properly the subject litigation against the defendant.

Instructing solicitor respectfully submits that the claimants claim has a real prospect of success at trial, and denies that they were in breach of care upon the sale of property.

There are no concerns in terms of litigation in either the original or the current proceedings. The defendants payments made following the sale of the property served to restart the limitation clock by virtue of section 29 limitation act 1980.

The sustantive issues in this matter have not been fully heard by the court, the defendant has suffered no abuse in the current proceedings being pursued, the current proceedings cannot be deemed an abuse of process. Instructing solicitors are extremely apologetic for the mistakes in the original proceedings, however respectfully submit that it would be grossly unjust to stike out the claimants claim for its actions in the original proceedings. It was not the intention to disrespect the court.

The defendant has not been vexed twice in the same matter as the claim was never judicially determined. Accordingly, having regard to the overriding objective to deal with cases fairly, the claimant humbly requests that the court dismisses the defendants application to strike out the claim.

What should my response be to the judge??

Right, I have just brought forward some information that might be of use to others looking in.

Can you type up the latest particulars of claim.

The defence you submitted originally, was it exactly as X20 provided or were there additions/amendments

You have still not received a copy of the original possession order, have you ?

Nick provided a judgement that he thought would be useful. Is there anything in there that would help you..I brought it forward and it is the 3rd quote above.

I have also sent an S.O.S to nick.

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

HI,

I have to travel down to London tomorrow for a couple of days. I'll print out the thread to re-read on the train, then will try to post from my iphone.

I still think that if a money judgment was made at the time of the possession order this is important because:

1. It means that there is no need for fresh proceedings, which are an abuse

2. any payments come off capital first - reg 6(2) The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order 1991 at The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order 1991

rgds,

Nick

Thanks CB.

Can you type up the latest particulars of claim

Particulars of claim are the same except they are claiming interest

up to Oct 2009 , daily rate £4.51.

The defence you submitted originally, was it exactly as X20 provided or were there additions/amendments

Added:

The defendant wishes to drwa to the courts attention that the Claimant has failed to provide the relevant documents and information relating to this claim as required by the Civil Procedure Rules, and as requested in writing, prior to court proceedings, inorder for the defendant to substantiate the alleged amount owing, before any agreement of settlement. The defendant believes the claimant has acted unreasonably and vexatious in bringing this action whilst the debt is being disputed, where OFT guidelines state that no enforcement action should be taken whilst a debt is in dispute. (see enclosed letters to Claimant requesting further information and to previous agent).

Withot disclosure of all documents and information requested it is proving difficult to compile a fully particularised dfence in response to the claimants particulars of claim.

Should it not be considered acceptable to strike out the claimants claim, it is respectfully requested that the court orders the claimant supply the requested information as detailed in the enclosed copy of the letter to HL Solicitors, and until then I respectfully request the court grants permission for me to amend my defence when the claimant discloses the documents.

You have still not received a copy of the original possession order, have you ?

NO!

Nick provided a judgement that he thought would be useful. Is there anything in there that would help you..I brought it forward and it is the 3rd quote above.

I did forward this to my solicitor at the time, but they thought that because no possession order has been forthcoming and it is therefore unknown if there was a money judgment it would be difficult to follow the same tack.

I still think that if a money judgment was made at the time of the possession order this is important

Could we say there WAS and get them to prove ther WASN'T?

I have no idea why I would start making payments to the first DCA if there is no paperwork to back up their claim?

I telephoned the court who said they only keep records back 3/5 years!!

Documents forwarded to me so far:

Completion Statement (showing final loss of £24,xxx.xx)

Mortgage Deed (signed and dated)

Offer of Mortgage (which includes special conditions:

: the society proposes to take additional security in the form of an insurance guarantee of £4250.)

- would this make a difference if they have claimed on this?

Notice of Appoinment with Bailiff

- they sent this instead of the Possession Order!

Guest MamaG1

HI Inafix,

I wish I could help advise, you , but I am learning myself and depending on the advise of the site members etc.

Help please someone out there.

I am in a close situation myself, and Ia m hoping help will come from the fellow CAGRS. when needed.

Good luck and hope you defeat the thieving roags. !!!

MamaG1

Documents forwarded to me so far:

Completion Statement (showing final loss of £24,xxx.xx)

Mortgage Deed (signed and dated)

Offer of Mortgage (which includes special conditions:

: the society proposes to take additional security in the form of an insurance guarantee of £4250.)

- would this make a difference if they have claimed on this?

Notice of Appoinment with Bailiff

- they sent this instead of the Possession Order!

Did you pay for this insurance ?

I see nick has responded to the SOS:D, thank you. Hopefully, he will be able to come up with something.

BCOBS