Log Book Loans Important Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone, who has legal representation in their fight with LBL, has been offered or even accepted a settlement directly or indirectly or has been told they will lose their vehicle or are liable for costs if they refuse please contact your solicitor as a matter of urgency as a statement may be required

Edited by JonCris

hi johnchris

i advised on a thread about this recently

the client accepted from log book that the account was now closed and no further action if he signed on the dotted line

i believe stephensons sols were dealing with it.

i told him the only reason they would do that would be if the sols had some thing on log book.

i thought it strange as the sols were acting for him, he did not contact the sols for advice before accepting

care to elaborate on your post

are log book loans up to some thing

Just for the record, I have signed nothing from Stephensons or any other solicitors that has any reference to retaining services, they never got round to sending it to me.

It was all pro-bono unless documents had to be submitted to the court, in which case costs would then be apportioned. As to checking with Sols, it is hard to do at 7:30PM on a Friday evening.

Sign or we will take your car now? Quite a simple decision and in my favour. As for Paul Foster, yes, I have been in contact with him and have emails stating that the offer is genuine and my account is closed.

For the record If you have signed nothing your not a client of Stephensons so this notice thread is meaningless to you & it may explain why you were made the offer

If your happy then sobeit but don't try & scare folk into settling on the same terms as you did because as you may find out in the fullness of time you may have been wrong to do so

Also I'm sure you'll agree NOT being client of Stephensons makes it impossible to know if some posters are genuine or not

I *WAS* a client of Stephensons on a pro-bono basis. hence my recieving regular letters, updates etc. As for settling, people will do what they want to do at the end of the day, be it settle or hold out for a better offer which is their perogative.

If you really think that *everyone* is going to get a massive settlement, you are wrong. How much money do you think LBL has once it has cleared peoples Legal Fees and their own? You will probably find they will just liquidate themselves and not pay.

Either way, IMHO all you will get at the end of the day is title to your car returned back to you, I just wanted that sooner rather than later. My decision, and respect to everyone else for doing what is best for them.

Really & you know all that how exactly

Anyway not going to get into a weeing contest with you. As I said if your happy & accepted what you have been told then sobeit

In the meantime this thread is for those who may benefit from understanding they don't have to accept what it's alleged they have been told & that before doing anything they should speak to their solicitor before committing their name to any document

Fine but stop trying to frighten people with the likes of "they'll liquidate if everyone claims" etc: or trying to imply you have any idea what a settlement might be

All you appear to be doing is serving LBL's purpose by suggesting they accept whats been offered

Hi Jon Cris, now i'm worried and confused??? I signed the agreement without a second thought? Just on a bit of a high that our 2 year ordeal was over???? I rang stephensons the next day and asked what i did now? He said he would ring me back but I haven't heard anything yet?

My case is the same as h775bpx?? I got the info but no forms were ever signed? What do I do?

Jon Cris, I am not trying to frighten anyone, this constant "post tennis" we are playing serves no purpose. As you are an ex-solicitor I will give up trying to explain myself.

Suffice to say. I did what was right for me, everyone else do what is right for you! Simple as.

I will not respond to this thread again as I have been made out to be "scaremongerer". If ANYONE wants any advice, feel free to PM me and I will give you whatever impartial advice I can.

Thanks

How can you offer advice on this? You accepted LBL's highly dubious 'offer' and that was your choice. If people want advice they can ask Stephensons or someone else with a degree of knowledge. You obviously believe what you believe, but stating stuff like "You will probably find they will just liquidate themselves and not pay. " makes it look like you have some degree of interest in people accepting this strange arrangement from strangers knocking on their door at 'out-of-office' hours.

LBL's business plan is to take advantage of the desperate and the mis-informed, they didn't expect any of their 'customers' to ever take any legal action and their reaction to this legal action has been to delay at every stage and maximise costs for the claimant. This method of offering a 'way out' is merely a continuation of taking advantage of the weak. I bet nobody has been presented with this 'one-off' deal during Stephensons working hours?

I have said this before but it is very telling that they couldn't get a decent legal firm to act for them, and instead employ a dodgy one-man-band cowboy outfit.

Look, I dont have any interest, this is getting ridiculous. My opinions are my opinions, simple as, and quite frankly I am getting bored of having to justify myself on here.

As to offering advice, I CAN offer advice relating to MY situation, LBL as a company, I can not. There are also a couple of people on here and I will not name names who have taken my advice, and now have their debt written off.

Suffice to say I DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT LBL ANYMORE. Let people make there own decisions.

Look, I dont have any interest, this is getting ridiculous. My opinions are my opinions, simple as, and quite frankly I am getting bored of having to justify myself on here.

As to offering advice, I CAN offer advice relating to MY situation, LBL as a company, I can not. There are also a couple of people on here and I will not name names who have taken my advice, and now have their debt written off.

Suffice to say I DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT LBL ANYMORE. Let people make there own decisions.

I am not here to sit in judgement of you or anyone else.

However, as we are dealing with such an unscrupulous set of sharks I personally would not recommend this kind of 'deal' - once you pull out of legal proceedings you are rudderless, if these people turn up for your car further down the line who will you turn to? So, without wishing to worry you unnecessarily, your last sentence will only be proved in time.

People should only take 'advice' by those with who offer wisdom. LBL know how to 'play' the system, their whole business has been based upon exploiting the gap between criminal and civil law, and by abusing the civil justice system as much as they possibly can. What they are apparantly doing now is just another example of this abuse of process.

Tread very carefully!

h755 please don't insult our intellegence your advice is not impartial by any stretch of imagination

Like you say you are happy but please stop offering poor advice to people who already have legal representation

Please do not overlook the fact that CAG is a self help group JonCris.

Whether you agree with h755bpx decision or not, and whether you agree with his opinions or not is immaterial. It is up to everyone to decide for themselves whether they want to take them on board, or yours, or form different opinions and decisions based on their own circumstances.

By all means explain why you disagree if you wish, but if people already have legal representation, there is little point them coming to a self-help website for advice (especially apparently from their own solicitor who I would hope would contact their clients directly), unless they have something positive to offer which may prove useful for those dealing with their own claims.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am well aware of that Caro but this poster is asking victims to PM him why? what is it that he can't state here.

Almost of not all are already have legal representation & frankly don't need to be encouraged to seek the advice of a lay person

Does he or CAG for that matter want to be responsible for encouraging members to accept anything less than their lawful entitlement on the grounds of, what was it? oh yes I remember that LBL might go bust. What nonsense

I have already sent the Mods a PM which I must assume you have failed to read otherwise you wouldn't be encouraging such intervention

I understand the solicitors are now aware of what's being claimed here & are contacting their many LBL clients as fast as they can

I have not encouraged any intervention, and naturally would not agree with people offering advice by PM, as you are fully aware. My impression is that the poster has suggested this due to the forceful responses s/he has received. Thank you for pointing this out to everyone reading the thread

I don't suppose many who have appointed solicitors would seek the opinion of a lay person, but I'm sure they can decide for themselves if they wish to take note of different views or not.

It's interesting to note that the solicitors are getting information from CAG to help their clients. Perhaps that is an indication of the usefulness of ALL of the information and views expressed here.

Your have made your views very clear and I see no benefit in labouring the points any further.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I doubt CAG was of any help to he solicitors

I posted simply to advise victims that they might be being misled into settling for less by being told some utter nonsense.

This advice post was hijacked

I reiterate if anyone is offered a settlement before accepting contact your lawyer things may not be what they seem

clipped.png

I dont agree with jumping on other member's of the forum just because their views or decisions do not conform with that of the poster's and have no idea why as adults the forum is not just used to discuss the situation at hand.

I am still awaiting the important notice regarding logbook loans that the thread hints of. And as yet fail to see it.

What I can say is having just gained access to my university account having not been able to use if for some months I came across an email from a Julita Losowski from the Office of Fair Trading who is apparently investigating Logbook Loans.

As the email was sent back in June I responded to her to advise on why I had not been in touch and it would appear she is still collecting information. I have supplied her with a Statement of Truth Witness Statement as was her request and have included everything right up to the events of being made the offer on the 12th September.

Maybe this is old news but if not and if anyone is interested in contacting her and providing information regarding Logbook loans to help OFT gather their information then I am happy to forward a copy of the Statements Guidance Note with the questions asked and the Permissions to disclose form with email unless people feel it would be better posted on Forum.

As for the offer from Logbook loans, I would appreciate some info on whatever knowledge can be shared about that. However as stated on a previous thread I did forward my information to the solicitor who has acted on the information supplied and like a previous poster had already stated, when the offer came the first thing one assumes is that finally this can now be over and whether it can be seen as wishful thinking or blind faith, sometime for once I would like to believe not everyone is all bad and that some people can perform an act of good no matter how terrible they have behaved. But as the picture with Logbook loans seems to be getting bleaker by the second I guess I can only hope my solicitor remains two steps ahead of them.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

I never started this thread with the intention that it be a place for discussing the LBL offer

It was started to advise victims that what some alleged they been told is not correct & they are not required to agree to what's on offer

If anyone chooses to ignore my advice & want's to settle then sobeit that's their privilege

I believe do know whats going on but I'm not going to discuss it on an open forum also if anyone has not yet spoken with their solicitor please remember your not their only LBL client by a long stretch

In the meantime I can only advise that members try again to contact their laywer before agreeing any settlement

• 2 weeks later...

Further information has come to light & those made & those who have already accepted offers should contact their solicitor.

Also see the thread 'Accepting Offers' which I'm about to start

h755 please don't insult our intellegence your advice is not impartial by any stretch of imagination

Like you say you are happy but please stop offering poor advice to people who already have legal representation

JonCris, I used to have to face bullies like yourself in school, and overcome them so you words do not worry me or bother me. What I will tell you is, I have a right to put my opinions and experiences on this forum whenever I like, and as long as I do not breach any rules, there isnt a damned thing you can do to stop me.

This isnt the first time you have jumped on someone on the forum for speaking their OWN opinion, as a grown adult (which I presume you are) you should listen to other peoples opinions and they do not have to justify them to you.

The bottom line is, I settled and I am happy MY SITUATION! If other people want to, then thats their CHOICE! YOU are the one bullying people into taking this matter as far as it will go.

One more thing, everytime I post a response is not necessary, I will not get into a "who has the last word" scenario with you, if you want it, be my guest and reply, but dont expect a response from me as I am bored of your whole argument now.

One other thing, A BIG THANK YOU to the folks that HAVE PM'd me THANKING me for any advice I could give in my limited knowledge.

Oh, in case anyone is interested, the HPi interest HAS been removed from my vehicle and I AM NOT liable for any legal fees.