• Tweets

• breaking news More Tory MPs ‘pondering defecting’ 'bl**dy hell, if they'll have her I should be a shoe in. I dont stand a chance as a Tory, but I might if I'm the labour candidate' .. is rumored to be heard again and again at the Torys favorite  subsidised bars of Westminster.   More Tory MPs ‘pondering defecting’ as Natalie Elphicke ‘sorry’ - live WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Labour frontbencher says other Conservatives wrestling with their futures and calls grow for Diane Abbott to be let back into party "Wes Streeting insisted his party would not take just any Tory MP" .. as he looked nervously looked over his shoulder      
    • You were given this PCN because you overstayed not because you went to Starbucks or MaccyDs from the other car park. I assume therefore that the parking time is only 30 minutes as you were recorded as being there for 38 minutes. Given that there is a Consideration time and a Grace period  as well as the time between their photographs of your car arriving and leaving one wonders why they gave you a ticket. Force of habit I suppose. Because they are on airport land which is governed by Bye Laws that supercede PoFA we do not usually look at their PCNs there because in none of them can the charge be transferred from the driver to the keeper  as would normally happen after 28 days if the charge is unpaid and the land is not subject to Byelaws. In your case as they have failed to specify the Parking period  which is the time car is spent actually parked in a parking space not the bit that they include which is driving from the entrance to the parking space and the other bit from the parking space to the exit. As that reduces the lawful time you were actually parked I would suggest that they have breached your GDPR.
    • I believe it to be, yes. no payment or acknowledgement of any debt to them since Feb 2018
    • Original credit agreement for them to prove the debt. Post 2 is the pro rota, I did this to the Original creditors sometime ago with offers of payment i got no reply, soon after the dca started sending me letters and phone calls. Thanks 
    • and another low spot for investment in Brexit UK (I dont give a monkeys about the bank) Coutts prepares to de-bank Britain At an event this week the bank’s chief investment officer Fahad Kamal said: “Currently, about 20 per cent of a standard balanced portfolio here is UK stocks, which is something of an anachronism. “It would be closer to three per cent or four per cent if it were more commensurate with the proportion of UK stocks in global stock markets. So this is a recalibration. The 332-year-old lender, which has King Charles as a client and, until recently, former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, will transfer £2 billion from British funds into overseas investments, reinforcing the “inexorable trend of outflows from the UK”, Charles Hall of investment bank Peel Hunt said. Coutts prepares to de-bank Britain WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM "This is a large transfer of assets from the UK to global funds, which reinforces the inexorable trend of outflows from the UK."  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cannot get broadband connection down my BT line?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has recently moved into a new property. He is the first occupier.

He has contacted Orange, Tiscali, Madasafish and BT about a broadband connection. He has a BT line.

None of them will supply the connection.

They say it is not available on his phone line.

The report he gets from BT site is;

Note: Our Records indicate that you have a product or service supplied to this line that is currently incompatible with broadband. You will need to have the product or service ceased before broadband could be provided. If you place an order before the incompatible product or service has been ceased then the order will be rejected.

and from Orange;

You have a service on your phone line that won’t work with broadband. This could be FeatureNet, TPON, DDI, Fibre or an alarm service. Before you can Join Orange Broadband, you’ll need to contact your phone provider and have this service removed.

He has nothing on the line that he has ordered and has contacted BT about it, who say he must of ordered something on the line, but he hasn't, the was no line at the property when he moved in and all he asked BT for was a standard residential line, which is what he has been given.

He has connected BT about 20 times now in the last two months about this, but all they say is that, there is a service on the line that he must of ordered, but they will look in to it. They obviously haven't looked into anything as he still can't get broadband of anyone 3 months down the line.

He has told them that as he can't get an internet connection with them he is goig to change his line provider to toucan, they said he can't do that as he has not fulfiled his 12months minimum contract?

What can he do to make BT get what ever it is off the line so he can get an internet connection?

Also why can't he get out of the 12month minimum contract, they are not providing a full service on the line? are they not breaching their terms of the contract?

He is totally p***sed off with BT now, as he bought a new PC which is useless to him as he can't get a broadband connection.

Any advise or assistance most appreciated

Alf

not that tthis will answer the other issues as such

but i always find this site useful

;

Samknows Broadband - Broadband Availability Checker

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Same response from there

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.

However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.

The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL

BT Wholesale ADSL Max

BT Wholesale SDSL

AOL LLU

TalkTalk (CPW) LLU

Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU

Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)

Please select the options on the left for more information about broadband availability at your location.

So same old story.

This is most likely a tag on the line.

Check here for guidance

What is a "Tag on the Line" | Ofcom

If he calls BT again, get him to ask for the "tag helpdesk"

Edited by locutus

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Interesting. It is possible you have DACS on your line, which is the modern version of the old-fashioned "party line". These are used by BT when there is a shortage of physical lines in an area. DACS is definitely not compatible with broadband.

You should specifically ask BT if you are on a DACS line. If so, they should be able to un-DACS your line as long as there are enough people not already using broadband.

DACS FAQ

New build, new line. It won't be DACS

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Also he hasnt got BTs "light user" package does he? Coz that doesnt allow broadband.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

It still could be. New builds can suffer from lack of lineplant too.

I thaught in this age of ADSL being so common they would've stopped that stupid practice! I was unaware it still went on.

Still, the "tag helpdesk" should be able to confirm. They're BT Wholesale so have more access to line information than the BT Retail drones you normally talk to, unfortunatly they don't talk to customers... only service providers.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well son has come back from his holiday this morning and checked the line. his tag is still on there.

Rang BT and got threw to this tag line eventually, who said a engineers report was initiated 2 weeks ago (which was when he rang last) to removed the tag, but it had failed. They still gave him no reason as to why the removel had failed or what/who/where this tag was from.

They have told him they have put a request in again to remove the tag, but this will be another 7 days. So they have already has nearly two months to sort it out and done nothing, now they want another 7 days.

It is just getting beyond a joke now.

Keep checking the checker posted by dx100uk. It may be sooner.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Contacted BT again yesterday - another 45mins going through the whole story again - guy told me " Will sort it for you, give me 24 hours, sorry for the inconvenience". 24 hours later

Still nothing-Same results showing

Absolute waste of time BT Customer services

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.

However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.

The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL

BT Wholesale ADSL Max

BT Wholesale SDSL

AOL LLU

TalkTalk (CPW) LLU

Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU

Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)

Edited by alfwithhair

Couple of points on this thread.

DACS - this won't show as an incompatible product, it's removed as part of the provisioning process so the line shows as 'clear' to place an order (it will actually show as status code E -DACS on the line, but won't prevent the ISP placing an order). DACS may cause the normal 5 working day lead time to be extended, and unfortunately there is no official limit to how long this can take, but it won't prevent an order being placed.

Tags on the Line is no longer contactable by the general public, it is an ISP only contact and they do ask for the ISP references before they will deal with you. They should be able to explain to your ISP what the TAG is, and if it;s another ADSL service they should be able to get this removed.

What I'd recommend doing at this stage would be to get it confirmed whether it's and ADSL service on the line, or an 'incompatible product'. The ISP should be able to tell you this within a few seconds, as the phone line check will show whether it's ADSL or something else. It should also say which ISP is on the line, although occassionly this information is missing.

If it's an incomaptible product then that is something which you will need to speak to BT (presuming their your phone provider) about, however your ISP should be able to find out what the problem is by speaking to the Tags helpdesk.

What i'd recommend is getting the information listed above from the ISP and post here and we can provide further advice. If the ISP is unable/unwilling to provide this then I'd probably recommend speaking to a more reputable ISP, as if they can't sort the issues out before you are connect then how much help will they be if a problem arises during your contract?

I've worked in the provisioning department of one of the highest rated ISP's for a number of years, just in case anyone was wondering where the information was sourced from.

Try ringing BT wholesale on 0800 783 5639. They probably wont want to speak to you, but be polite and insistent - its worth a try.

BT Wholesale is an ISP only contact and they will not speak to the general public. They are advised to simply hang up on you if they realise your not from an ISP. They are also likely to ask for order references which you don't have access to, as they no longer use phone numbers as the order references.

You may get lucky and speak to someone who wants to be helpful, but by doing this they are breaching the data protection act by providing information to an unauthorised contact, and I think it is also just painting over the fact that ISP should be doing this. If they can't then do you really want them to provide your service?

In additon to this BT wholesale is only able to help if the service is provided through them. If the service is with a different LLU provider, such as Orange, Carphone Warehouse etc. then they will have no information available. Your ISP is in the best position to get any problems resolved

Couple of points on this thread.

DACS - this won't show as an incompatible product, it's removed as part of the provisioning process so the line shows as 'clear' to place an order (it will actually show as status code E -DACS on the line, but won't prevent the ISP placing an order). DACS may cause the normal 5 working day lead time to be extended, and unfortunately there is no official limit to how long this can take, but it won't prevent an order being placed.

Tags on the Line is no longer contactable by the general public, it is an ISP only contact and they do ask for the ISP references before they will deal with you. They should be able to explain to your ISP what the TAG is, and if it;s another ADSL service they should be able to get this removed.

What I'd recommend doing at this stage would be to get it confirmed whether it's and ADSL service on the line, or an 'incompatible product'. The ISP should be able to tell you this within a few seconds, as the phone line check will show whether it's ADSL or something else. It should also say which ISP is on the line, although occassionly this information is missing.

If it's an incomaptible product then that is something which you will need to speak to BT (presuming their your phone provider) about, however your ISP should be able to find out what the problem is by speaking to the Tags helpdesk.

What i'd recommend is getting the information listed above from the ISP and post here and we can provide further advice. If the ISP is unable/unwilling to provide this then I'd probably recommend speaking to a more reputable ISP, as if they can't sort the issues out before you are connect then how much help will they be if a problem arises during your contract?

I've worked in the provisioning department of one of the highest rated ISP's for a number of years, just in case anyone was wondering where the information was sourced from.

Thank you for your advice. I would get this information you mention if I had an ISP. As I have said before, this is a new bulit (Less that 12mths old) We are the first occupiers and we have never had broadband at this address or any other address, So contacting the ISP would just be usless as we don't and never have had one.

what daz1981 is saying, is choose an ISP and phone them and get them to sort the problem. If they cannot sort your problem do you really want to give them your custom?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

The fact it's a new build is not really relevant. The phone number you have is likely to be one which has been used at another address, so although your physical line may not have had a service in the past, the phone number might have. As a result of this you need to get all records associated with the number removed, to ensure the records associated with that number are clear.

It's also possible that you've added part of a featureline when ordering your phone service, which is incompatible with ADSL. A featureline is things like 1471, callback etc. which most people will view as standard services. The ones mentioned will work fine, but some of the featureline options are not compatible with ADSL.

When I was referring to an ISP you should be able to get an order placed with an internet provider, who will then work with you to help get the line clear. It's likely you'll have to pay the initial setup costs to get the order on their system, and if they are unable to clear the line you would get a full refund.

The fact it's a new build is not really relevant. The phone number you have is likely to be one which has been used at another address, so although your physical line may not have had a service in the past, the phone number might have. As a result of this you need to get all records associated with the number removed, to ensure the records associated with that number are clear.

It's also possible that you've added part of a featureline when ordering your phone service, which is incompatible with ADSL. A featureline is things like 1471, callback etc. which most people will view as standard services. The ones mentioned will work fine, but some of the featureline options are not compatible with ADSL.

When I was referring to an ISP you should be able to get an order placed with an internet provider, who will then work with you to help get the line clear. It's likely you'll have to pay the initial setup costs to get the order on their system, and if they are unable to clear the line you would get a full refund.

Line does have 1471, 1571 answerphone and callers display on it.

The ISP I am trying to get the internet connection with is BT, but them seem incapable of sorting this problem and will not accept the order until this problem on the line is sorted. It is the same with Orange, Tiscali and madasafish. They will not accept the order.

Have a look at the medium size ISP's with a good reputation, as they tend to be more customer focused. What you need to bear in mind is that you generally get what you pay for, so some of the more expensive ISP's will offer a better service, so you need to decide what your budget is and make a decision based on that. Check some of the review sites to see who comes out on top a lot, for instance PC Pro have recently completed an ISP comparisson:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/awards/index.php?pageId=11

Well at long last tag removed. Total broadband ordered from BT.

My son thanks you all for your help.

Regards

Alf

Spoke to soon, email from BT this morning, cannot complete the order, Tag on the line!!!!

"Thank you for your e-mail dated 27/9/08 about your recent order for BT Total Broadband.

Having carried out a check on your line today, I can advise that there is a tag on your line from the company AOL. This may be from a previous occupant at your property or some other service.

As this tag belongs to AOL, you will need to contact them to have this removed. Unfortunately as the tag does not belong to us we are unable to request to have it liftedl. The link below might offer some help should you encounter difficulties in having this removed."

So rang AOL. Told there is no active account or record of anything on the phone number. SO back to square one again.

This rearly is getting beyond a joke now.

The BT department that deals with competetor related stuff (mostly when people want to leave BT to join a different ISP) is the Customer Options Team. Maybe they'll be able to help? 0800 800 030

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

The BT department that deals with competetor related stuff (mostly when people want to leave BT to join a different ISP) is the Customer Options Team. Maybe they'll be able to help? 0800 800 030

Tried them earlier, less that usless.

I don't want to leave BT, I want to join, but they don't seem interested in helping in anyway, not their problem contact AOL. So obviously not interested in my business.

Contacted AOL again, nothing they can do as can't find any record of an account with them, which is correct because I have never had one, so just going round in circles. Guy said he would ring me back but never did as usual.

All a waste of time the lot of them, soon as the 12 months in up on the BT line will be going to another phone company, sick of them now they can stick the broadband where the sun don't shine