received my list of CHarges

jemachin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have just received my list of transactions and charges from Abbey. I have calculated them to totak in excess of £7,500. I am proposing to send two request to them 1 for uncleared transactions £3700 and another of Unpaid DD and Unpaid Cheque Charges plus unauthoriesed charges. Is this advisable and if so should I send the excell spread sheet I used to calculate the charges.

I have not included the interest to these charges as I understand that this can not be claimed until I have exhausted the 1st and 2nd request and then the court.

Thanks for your help....

I would make a claim that falls just short of £5000 so as to keep things in the small claims court. Then if you are successful, go after the rest. That is what i have done.

I claimed as far back as i could within the 6 years to a point where i was just short of £5000. Then later i will possibly claim the rest.

To split the claim could result in the bank asking them to be combined and then your claim will exceed £5000 and may cause you problems.

Have a read of the step by step guide in the FAQ section.

hi jemachin

I am proposing to send two request to them 1 for uncleared transactions £3700 and another of Unpaid DD and Unpaid Cheque Charges plus unauthoriesed charges. Is this advisable and if so should I send the excell spread sheet I used to calculate the charges. SOUNDS FINE - recently there has been discussion on how to split up claims and this has been noted as a better method than splitting into years (oldest first) or just claiming the maximum allowed then the rest.

I have not included the interest to these charges as I understand that this can not be claimed until I have exhausted the 1st and 2nd request and then the court. Correct

[/b][/color]

Really? If this is the case i could be a bit scuppered. I've claimed the maximum i can (under 5 grand) and just calculated earliest dates first. I was then going to wait till i get a result either way... then cliam the rest. I was going to say i've only just found the other statements.

Is this likely to be thrown out then?