• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

angieb v hsbc * * WON * *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi wonder if someone can help me i have been extortionally charged over the past 6 years and reading the comments on here have ensipered me to claim for mine back havent done a proper count yet but it exceeds 3,000 i have printed off my statements online and have found the letter needed to ask for them back can someone please tell me do i need to give them a brake down of the charges im asking for what spreadsheet is it if so is it the one with the 8% on but i just dont fill the 8% part in please help having a blonde moment hehe

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its is yes, but the 8% part of the spreadsheet doesnt come into use untill/if you have to file a court claim

• Confused 1

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

thank you so mush i thought it was but wanted to make sure dont want to make a mistake when so much is envolved

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

ok sorted statements going to list them on the form but one more question if someone can help please when inputting onto the form do i also add the interest charges the bank has charged me or just (d/d s/o cheque and total charges fee's)

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

ok after trawling through 6 years worth of bank statements my grand total is

£4,418.00 im not adding the intrest charges they have charged me over the years as dont know how to work it out but even if i get some of this back i will be happy i have sent the prob exausted mr petty my Preliminary approach for repayment letter recorded delivery of course no excuses for me that they havent had it hehe.

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

with my interest charges I just put the date they were applied to my account and the amount, no need to work anything out.

And apparently Mr Pretty doesnt work for HSBC any more, best person to try is M Bowen at the sheffield address (in the contacts thread)

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

with my interest charges I just put the date they were applied to my account and the amount, no need to work anything out.

And apparently Mr Pretty doesnt work for HSBC any more, best person to try is M Bowen at the sheffield address (in the contacts thread)

oh drat ive sent the letter now help what do i do do i contact them or resend

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

did you send the speadsheet with the letter? if not dont worry just sent it with the LBA. or just fill in the interest when sending the LBA and alter the letter so its says your claiming for the interest just so they know. I sent mine to Mr Pretty as well so dont worry too much as i've apparently been sent an offer today

did you send the speadsheet with the letter? if not dont worry just sent it with the LBA. or just fill in the interest when sending the LBA and alter the letter so its says your claiming for the interest just so they know

i sent the spreadsheet with the letter totaling the charges no interst charges on it i would be happy just to get this lot back but what i meant was i have sent the letter to mr petty if you say he doesnt work there anymore do i need to resend or do you think they would just pass it on to whoever has mr pettys job now.

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

I didnt edit quick enough lol. Dont panic I sent mine to Mr Pretty as well! and there's apparently an offer in the post today

ok royal mail has done their bit my letter is now in the hands of hsbc bank oh this is so exciting

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

still not heard anything lba getting sent on monday if no joy

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

ok not at claim stage yet but im expecting as its a large claim i will have to go down that route can someone answer a question i have ive seen people going on about 5,000 limit is that

(amount owed + 8% interest) or

(amount owed + interest + court fees)

or even just the amount owed before interest

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

5K is the limit of your claim for your charges and any debit interest. The 8% is then added on top but if this then takes you over 5K you pay £250 court costs (you will get it back!!). The court fees are then just added on top.

My claim plus 8% took me over 5K and couldn't afford £250 costs so readjusted so that it came below 5K and when they finally settle I will claim for the rest.:lol:

• Confused 1

cool ty as it looks like ive got 2 more charges to go on by the time it goes to court if they dont settle before

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

i dont mind paying out 250 if i know im getting it back im not letting these little gits push me around anymore they wouldnt help me when my hubby got made redundant in 2000 pushed into managed loan nor when tax credits messed me around in 2003 (major overpayment) i didnt know about kept on changing my amount every week for 4 months so all my d/d kept bouncing and bank just turned the noses and pushed me into managed loan again not long after i had paid off the other one so no im not gonna give them an easy ride hehe

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

ok lba being sent this morn as no response from hsbc no surprise there yet another charge added so my claim is now 4,448.00 silly billys

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

ok sent lba on mon they recieved it yesterday hehe

BUT low and behold i recieved a letter this morn from our lovely mr langdale saying

thank you for your letter dated 17th july regarding your charges of £4418.00

the bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed constitute a penalty and are therefore unenforceable. the contract between the bank and its customers is governed by our personal banking terms and conditions. in respect of overdrafts, i would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. if you authorise a payment that would, if met by us, lead your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published price list and the curcumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with a copy when you opened your account

whilst i accept that this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, i trust i have been able to clarify the banks position. if you are not satisfied with the bank's response you should now refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman service, as this represent our final response on this matter.

hehe standard letter hi ho hi ho its off to court we go am thinking of giving them a call

• Confused 1

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

anyone know the best telephone number for them or a email address please

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

Angie, there is a contact thread at the top of the HSBC page with various names and numbers, but this one might be an interesting one to use!!

Mr David Lewis, Head of Customer Relations,

Level 36,

8 canada Square, London, E14 5HQ.

Tel 020 7991 8550 Fax 020 7991 4992

:D

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

Mr petty does not work at HSBC,but address them to Mr Colin langdale at HSBC Bank PLC, Arlington Business centre, Millshaw Park Lane

leeds Ls11 0PP. Just received a reply from him, he's the main man

Mr petty does not work at HSBC,but address them to Mr Colin langdale at HSBC Bank PLC, Arlington Business centre, Millshaw Park Lane

leeds Ls11 0PP. Just received a reply from him, he's the main man

i know he doesnt work there any more sent prelim to him before i knew he had left but sent other letter to mr langdale

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges