Bls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm about to enter my latest battle and send 3 CCA requests to BLS. They have been ringing most days, occasionally leaving messages to contact them.... Last night with my new confidence I answered the phone.:)

Can I speak to *****?

Can you confirm your post code?

No I don't know if you are who you say you are.

Slight change of tone.....well you have had letters from us please ring the number as we need to speak to you.

No, I want all correspondence in writing.

End of call.:-D

They have a loan, cc and o/d. It was the actions of this bank that started all the problems so I think I'll also send a S.A.R. to check on ALL my charges, I've seen a letter asking for information beyond 6 years.

I don't know which they want to talk to me about so maybe they can all get phone harassment as well! :rolleyes:

Edited by cymruambyth
I need spell check.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I got in a mess 6 years ago and believed everything Moorcroft told me.

6 years later I get in a mess again due to being made redundant and now I sent Moorcroft packing 3 times. It's ironic that they ended up with 3 of my accounts and now I'm glad they did, as 6 years later I got my own back on them big style. :D

Have a read of the "cheekiness to DCA's" thread on this section of the fourm to see what a group of us get up to when DCA's call or when we call them. But be warned the thread will take over 8 hours to read. But it's as good as a classic sitcom. It will make you laugh and realise that DCA's are nothing to be scared of once you discover the CAG and the great bunch of people who make it all possible. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thanks fuzzy, I have read parts of the cheekiness thread and it has helped to put everything into perspective and given some interesting ways of dealing with DCAs. ;) When you see people applying humour to intimidation it makes it seem less scarey and easier to deal with.

IMO, DCA's know that they scare us - even those of us who think we've got it all under control.

My best advice would be to read and re-read threads and get yourself familiarised with everything.

On Friday I received a call back from Trading Standards regarding an email I'd cc'd them into - the guy complimented me on my knowledge of the CCA, telling me he didn't think I needed any advice from him I had it all sussed out! He simply advised me to now contact FOS and to let the OFT know, stating to both that TS had recommended I do this.

Wow! They also know about this and other sites and know it's the same names that keep cropping up. The guy seemed very glad that people now know more about their rights. So, keep going, keep reading and you'll get it sorted eventually.

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Since I sent my CCAs and letter saying we would communicate onle in writing the phone has gone up a drive I am speaking to them twice a day to politelytell them that we will only communicate in writing and no I cannot confirm anything.

All 3 letters were sent recorded delivery to PO Box 467E, OX41WA and are not shown as having been delivered.

1 of the accounts is an overdraft so I'm going to send a SAR to Lloyds.

Next week I think I will send a stronger harassment letter Spec Deliv for all 3 accounts.

I'm a bit rusty but I'm sure that I can string together enough words that will baffle both them and anyone who uses Welsh as their first language. Great idea.

Thanks to everyone on this site who has given me the confidence to answer and not ignore te phone.

As far as I am aware BLS (who are just a recovery arm of Lloyds Tsb) are not actually based in Oxford and for some unknown reason this is just a postal address and recorded deliveries were never signed for.

The address I use for all communication with Lloyds (BLS) is;

Consumer Debt Recovery Team

Lloyds TSB plc

Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton BN1 3XJ

I always seem to get a reply.

If you want to complain try ;

Service Recovery Centre,

Lloyds TSB,

125 Colmore Row,

Birmingham

B3 3SF

My OH had TSB loan cc & o/d about 10 years ago they eventually got passed to BLS. We had loads of phone calls etc... even while we were paying, trying to put amounts up. We sent SAR to BLS they sent a few details but only useless stuff with loads of codes on that we couldn't understand.Then they sold the accounts to 1 st credit. We had paid one off by then but 1st credit have been terrible they just keep putting the amounts up really high all the time. 1st credit are very quick in sending SD's they are bully's :(

Make sure you get your CCA request's in before/in case they sell to 1st credit :)

I've sent a second, stronger harassment letter to cover all our accounts with BLS (don't know which one they are referring to as I won't give them any information;)).

Phone BLS who confirmed that their address was the PO Box in Oxford......sent it special delivery.......it's being re-directed and will take an extra day to arrive.......due to customer confidentiality theu can't give me the new address.

Surely there must be grounds for a complaint; if so could someone please enlighten me:D.

Thank you

Edited by cymruambyth
typo

We've had no acknowledgement from BLS from any of our letters. Have now received a threatogram due to our lack of contact....14 days to contact them or court etc. CCA sent 8/9/08, but isn't shown as signed for. 12 & 2 days have passed.

I assume I send a letter complaining about lack of response etc nd request their complaints procedure. I'll send it SD again so that I have proof of delivery to somewhere. Phoned again and was told that their only postal address is the PO Box 457E etc.

If anyone has any further suggestions or advice I would be grateful:)

Thank you

Is there another address on their letters. It is contrary to company law not to have the registered address of a firm on letters. If the PO box number only is shown then this HAS to be the address to which correspondence is sent to. If this is not the case you need to contact all the regulatory authorities including Companies House and make the usual complaints.

In minute writing at the bottom it states that BLS collections is a trading name of Lloyds TSB Bank plc and gives their add as 25 Gresham St., London EC2V 7HN. I've sent a SAR recorded delivery to this address, which also hasn't been signed for!

As I've had no proof of delivery for my CCA and am now receiving threatograms re court etc, should I send an account in dispute letter or SD asking why they haven't replied to the CCA.

Also, do I stop payments?

Thank you

Edited by cymruambyth
typo

Hi Cymru....you're doing great at the moment, common sense says..what else can you do ? you have a recorded delivery slip that is proof enough of your request !! ....it is more than a reasonable attempt to send them a letter !! If they are ignoring it, then it is at their peril.....as for stopping payment, you are quite within your rights, but obviously the ethics are up to you....

A letter sent by first class post is deemed delivered two days later. If a letter to an address supplied by a firm is undelivered then that is a matter for Royal Mail and the firm. If a letter is sent by recorded delivery and appears to be unsigned for you have a right to ask RM for an explanation why that is so. You could also ask if it is unsigned for (or undelivered) why has it not been returned to you.