Bls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if they have not included any default notices then they have NOT complied with your SAR Cymru....!!

A default notice has to be compliant, and has to give you 14 clear days to remedy a lot of companies have been sending out defaults on a specific date then stating that the arrears have to be cleared in 14 days of the date on the letter, in cases like these they have NOT allowed any extra days for service of the letter, and unless they are able to deliver the letter on the same day they type it, then it clearly does NOT give 14 days to clear the arrears. This makes the default notice invalid !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As I was going away for a couple of weeks and had received a 'contact us urgently' letter , so I phoned........(I know I shouldn't but was feeling in control)...........they asked why I wasn't paying said because in dispute and waiting paperwork.........'am I refusing to pay'...until I receive all the paperwork requested.......'account will be passed to a DCA, am I happy with that?'.......yes...goodbye.

Account is in dispute, though they are denying my complaints, so I'm preparing letters to be adapted when a DCA contacts me.

Hang on so they aren't supposed to send it on while its in dispute - did you tell them that bit - OFT complaint for that

Another call centre monkey whop doesn't know what they are talking about

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Yes he tried to be clever and getting me to admit that I wouldn't pay; however every statement I made was qualified with account in dispute as you have failed to supply paperwork requested.

I'm away and have loads of paperwork to try and compile a few letters of complaint :)

LTSB have written to say that 'copies of default notices are not kept' however they can confirm the default dates........

They also argue that as money from loan paid into b/ac this is ufficient information.

I have again requested copies of default notics and asked if copy of CCA was from a microfiche or a paper copy.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also...o/d had been passed to AIC, but we have had no notice of assignment and all letters addressed to OH and nothing to me when it is a joint account.

Thnk you

Edited by cymruambyth
extra ino

I've now had a letter from Sechari, Clark & Mitchell, threatening court action if I fail to pay the full amount of my loan in 7 days. I can use a cheque, postal order, debit or credit card.

I was thinking of sending an account in dispute letter plus a copy of the letter I'm sending to LTSB stating in reply to their last letter:

1) I have proof of sending SAR, despite them denying that they received it

2) failure to supply default notices (they say they haven't kept them)

3) bank not aware that I'm dispuing debt, details given of letters proving this

4) bank doesn't keep documents; therefore is the copy of my CCA taken from a microfiche or paper?

I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to get a SD on this so I'm trying to check on all my options, any suggestions would be gratefuly received.

Thank you C

Hi thanks bb, hope you are well.

My only real grounds for complaint are that LTSB have failed to supply default notices as they 'don't keep them' plus I'm about to seek clarification as to whether CCA supplied is a photocopy or from microfiche.

These should be sufficient to dispute everything shouldn't they?

I'm away and don't have everything saved onto my laptop!

Does this seem to cover evrything or can anyone think of anything that I can add?

Thank you

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2009, the content of which are noted.

On (date) I made a formal request to your client for a Subject Access Request under s.10 of the Data Protection Act 1998. They have failed to comply within the statutory time limit, as they have advised me that they do not have copies of certain documents that I have requested.

In addition, in your letter you stated that payment could be ‘either by Debit or Credit card’, which contravenes the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection:

‘Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further borrowing or to extend their borrowing’

In the circumstances, your threat of legal action would appear to be a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection. Should you or your client bring proceedings, they will be robustly defended, and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches. Furthermore, I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the Court when the issue of costs is being considered.

Yours faithfully

Does this seem to cover evrything or can anyone think of anything that I can add?

Thank you

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2009, the content of which are noted.

On (date) I made a formal request to your client for a Subject Access Request under s.10 of the Data Protection Act 1998. They have failed to comply within the statutory time limit, as they have advised me that they do not have copies of certain documents that I have requested.

In addition, in your letter you stated that payment could be ‘either by Debit or Credit card’, which contravenes the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection:

‘Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further borrowing or to extend their borrowing’

In the circumstances, your threat of legal action would appear to be a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection. Should you or your client bring proceedings, they will be robustly defended, and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches. Furthermore, I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the Court's attention when the issue of costs is being considered.

Yours faithfully

Just nit picking sorry lol...Letter is very good, nice, clear and precise :)

I'm doing ok today thanks for asking earlier. Hope you had a great Easter weekend (DCA's excluded).

Highlight section 'b' in case they don't get it.

Edited by babybear39
added something

Thanks I happy to receive any 'nit picking'! It's always much easier to see 'faults' with other people's work, as everything I have written seems to be correct!!!

Easter was great, hot and beaches to walk on, shame we are back to rain today, but atleast there are fewer dogs for mine to chase!!!:eek:

Edited by cymruambyth
there or their.....

I've spoken to a very polite female today.......

Can I speak to you regarding a recent letter we have sent you

I will only communicate in writing

Are you gouing to reply to our letter?

Which letter is that as I sent a RD letter last week.

Was it to **** solicitors

Yes

I'll go and check for it.

Thank you.

Maybe they have been reading CAG and have heard of all the recording devices:D or they are worried that they will be investigated soon......