Cyber bullying and harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a member for a long time on a website..........I am constantly bullied and harassed, unfortunately a lot of it comes from the admin.

Let me explain a little, I have been a genealogist for 35 years - it is my passion, I have been a member of a site since it opened (not sure if I am allowed to say it's name) however, I am treated like dirt...the admin deleted my account due to a 'doctored' report sent to them, and consequently re-instated me at double the cost, I have been chased off by the 'gang' and have copied a thread aimed at me that seems to be libel. I have always stood up for myself but admin will not help me or listen to any complaint from me - what they do act on is others reporting any statement I make (without any norty words or offensive type words) and I get suspended repeatedly. I was suspended for a month for pouring my heart out on the anxiety and depression thread, I had a lot of support from the people on there but it seems I have a stalker.

I won't leave as it was once a good site and could be again if the admin could be caught at what they are doing and the 'gang' put out.

Is there anywhere I can send some copies of what is happeneing or send the thread that seems libelous to anyone with authority that can put an end to this awful bullying.

Edited by sadflower

I'm unsure of the legalities, but please accept a friendly BUMP :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

You have some difficulties here.

Bullying is not a crime, and as such you cannot prevent it.

Libel is a whole other issue, but difficult to prove, and VERY expensive to pursue.

In theory - people should not be doing this.

In practice - I think you have absolutely zero recourse. Moreover, if it was that bad, you would have left the website, and you have not - your choice, to an extent, to allow yourself to continue to be abused in this fashion.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Are you joking?

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Right OK sorry but I'm going to lose my rag here. What a bloody ridiculous reply. You asked a question, I have FULLY answered the question legally. I have never, AT ANY POINT, spoken to you like an idiot - I would suggest that if you feel I have, you are over sensitive to a farcical degree.

The fact remains that you can prevent the abuse at any point by leaving the site. If you do not , that is ENTIRELY your decision - but legally, how can you possibly claim distress when you have been unwilling to prevent it yourself???? The court would look at it as "the distress has not been sufficient to cause her to withdraw herself from the situation, and so cannot have been that bad". Whether this is true or not is open for debate, but it is a VALID VIEWPOINT TO TAKE, especially legally. I do not need to know your reasons for staying with the website, but what it does mean is that those reasons clearly for you outweigh the benefit gained by leaving and taking yourself out of the situation - therefore, the distress caused cannot be THAT large, otherwise, the benefit would outweigh the reasons.

I am really annoyed at your response, and an apology would be appreciated - I take absolute umbrage at being told I am speaking to you like an idiot whilst ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION. I would suggest you do not bite the hand that feeds in future.

• Haha 1

calm down dear !

*takes deep breath*

:)

Sorry, but did I speak to anyone like an idiot Lula?? Honestly, I dont know why I bother giving advice at the moment....

I beg your pardon MR Shed......you have no idea of mr reasons so please don't talk to me like I am some sort of Idiot.

I have to say that if you are that sensitive when you receive a perfectly civil reply, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, then one does wonder how bad the 'bullying' was.

The fact remains that you can prevent the abuse at any point by leaving the site. If you do not , that is ENTIRELY your decision - but legally, how can you possibly claim distress when you have been unwilling to prevent it yourself???? The court would look at it as "the distress has not been sufficient to cause her to withdraw herself from the situation, and so cannot have been that bad". Whether this is true or not is open for debate, but it is a VALID VIEWPOINT TO TAKE, especially legally. I do not need to know your reasons for staying with the website, but what it does mean is that those reasons clearly for you outweigh the benefit gained by leaving and taking yourself out of the situation - therefore, the distress caused cannot be THAT large, otherwise, the benefit would outweigh the reasons.

I am sorry Sadflower but I have to agree with Mr Shed. I am not even sure if would be classed as bullying as you are putting yourself into the situation. If you felt you were being bullied in a place where you HAD to go ie school/work/home etc you would have some recourse that you could take (if recourse is the right word), at the moment I think you have only two options unfortunatley - stay and put up with it or leave!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

*takes deep breath*

:)

Sorry, but did I speak to anyone like an idiot Lula?? Honestly, I dont know why I bother giving advice at the moment....

no, I don't think you did, now if you will excuse me, I have some roots to attend to ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

:mad: sod off lol