Sleepless Nights v 1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not necessarily BB, I keep my local TS up to date with everything going on and they did send me some information which could they say, help with any forthcoming cases. I suspect its information you have already but just say if you want me to post it and I'll scan it on to the site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...am I correct in saying that you haven't heard back from the court as yet ?....it will be worth calling the court just to check in case anything went missing in the post....please, please try and relax, if it gets to a hearing i'll come with you depending on where in the country you are.....you've handed the defence in (totally disputed) ...1st Credit can try and defend against a frivolous stat demand, not properly served, i.e. second class, non production of a CCA....I know there was a name on the bottom ..but was there a telephone number too ?? In fact I would welcome the chance to quiz them in front of a judge to be honest....they are abusing the insolvency service, by using a stat demand as a debt collection tool !!!

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner).

QUOTE from

Justice Warren - Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

Well

Still haven't heard anything from 1st Credit

Now had final demand from Metropolitan Collection for bank overdraft because they reckon my dmc didn't contact them earlier this month to say my payment would be late

Spoke to them & they have agreed to keep my payments through the plan but will not confirm this in writing. They tried to ask me if I was a home owner with mortgage etc so wonder if they don't honour what they have said tonight, I shall make my payment & see

Hi Sleepless.....did you see this stat demand that was set aside yesterday !!! As long as you stick to the dipsuted and why (AND CLAIM BACK YOUR COSTS)....I think you will be fine...I was a lot more worried for this cagger than I am for you...!! please try not to worry...!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/148159-hearing-have-sd-set.html

As for Metropolitan and the overdraft...have you started reclaiming the excessive charges from the account ?....

By all means tell the judge on the day.....but I would lead with 'abuse of process'....a'busing the Insolvency service' etc etc.....There is something about withdrawing an action whereby they pay your costs which is court rules....but I can't find it....

Hi HAK

Sorry to sound a bit down but it doesn't feel like a victory

He said that they (1st Credit) had agreed to set aside because I was paying through my debt management plan (this would be the one that they never accepted or ignored when they wanted FULL PAYMENT) & that I had obviously been paying them something through this

It is more likely that they have never supplied my cca, so when I started to ask about costs he basically said best to leave while I was ahead (didn't know whether to laugh or cry)

Anyway a BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME (ESPECIALLY 42man) I hope I can help many others

SN it is still a victory against 1st Crud.

I have wrote to my MP about CON and 1st Crud. The more the better. If you want to copy the letter i sent I will PM it you. That goes to anybody else.

HAK