Help -Elderly mother in trouble with Capital One

Ktker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - hope someone can help. My elderly and disabled 76 year old mother is having trouble with Capital One. She took out a credit card with them in 2000 with a credit limit of £200. She went over the credit limit in May by £2 and now has £76 in charges! She payed the minimum amount each month (£6), so can't get to the bottom of why she was £2 over limit. The other problem she has is that they are calling her every ten minutes of the day!! and I am not exagerating as I have asked her to keep a record of the calls. She is now not answering the calls and is scared.

I wrote to Capital One's Executive office to complain about the charges and the harrassment and got a letter back yesterday saying they want her to pay the £76 to bring her account into credit and that they will continue to call her until she answers the phone and speak to one of the advisors - they feel that this is acceptable and is not harrassment. In my letter to them I said that they have only to contact her by post! Where do I go from here?

This can be sorted out- and Cap1 are a nasty, ignorant bunch who couldn't give a toss about people.

Wouldn't this make a lovely story for a newspaper, by the way?

"Pensioner harassed over £2 over card limit"

It does have a ring to it...

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Capital One will not stop calling. The harassment letter is ignored by them.

I complained in 2007 and have got an adjudicator at last from FOS but am not hopeful of a result as it seems the FOS sympathises with financial companies more than individuals period on this issue. My issue is that once Capital One get the FOS sympathising or wimp out of making a decision about calls then they will get even worse. I expect a decision before the end of the month. Am getting ready to change landline and go ex-directory. I am also hoping that if I am pessimistic I may be pleasantly surprised by the FOS outcome.... :-|

sorry guys - but have been ill and therefore unable to respond. I sent them two letters; 1) the letter of harrassement and 2) a letter about the charges and my mother's ability to pay. I received a letter about the claim of harrassment and they said they did not feel that calling my mother every day amounts to harrassment but have not had a reply about my letter regarding the charges.

I guess the next step would be to get the financial Authority involved and trading standards.

Trading Standards and then send them this letter, adapted with your own police force of course.-

img024.jpg

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .