HFO Services I am pulling me hair out.

lily007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This breaks lots of the CPUTR 2008 rules as it contains threats. More ammo for Trading Standards and the FSA! They can't add fees either, and language such as 'when we have obtained judgement' is extremely inflammatory.

Edited by DonkeyB
out of date posting

To be honest I am petrified I am a receptionist at present I can control 80% of the calls they are making to me during work hours. At present I am at the point that I dont go to lunch just in case they call and leave anymore messages with my colleaugues I have forced myself to come into work on a number of occassions when I really I should have been at home in bed. This is all ruling my life at the minute and I honestly do not know what to do!!!

Please try to relax & take stock/make notes of all the advice given on here.

Lily, print that email and take it to the police. Give them the name of the person calling you at work, their number, and tell them how often they call and what they're saying. Write it all down and keep a detailed diary of events. You really can beat these nasty cheating monkeys.

Hiya,

This was a email this is the guy which calls me around 8 times a day and 4-6 times a night !!!!

The fact that they call you at night is disgaceful & illegal enough in itself.

You really need proper help/advice asap to get this lot off your back.

I believe they are based in London/Kent is that right?

Try contacting the local police force for that area & make a complaint to them - they will warn them off you.

Ive had a police force in another county do the same for me so i know it can be done.

Lily, get that letter off first thing tomorrow by registered post. They should stop calling you as they cannot chase you for the account while you are awaiting a copy of the credit agreement.

Also ring Trading Standards, tell them they have been calling your work and asking to speak to the FD/MD let them have a copy of the email. You should also tell them that they refuse to give you their address and your account number.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Don't worry, you've come to the right place. People here will give excellent advice which will really help.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

P.S. let us know when you have sent the letter and called Trading Standards

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I don't think it will be long before these crooks are brought down.

I have at last today had an email from Diane Nelson saying they are halting collection activity until they can get the paperwork i have asked for.

This after 6 weeks of letters and threats of CCJ, charges on house etc.

I couldn't have got this result without this forum.

They are a bunch of lousy cheating CU*TS, and even that is not severe enough terminology for them, who prey on the weak.

After reading your problems with them, it makes me even more determined to get them struck off all financial services registers and Turnbull Rutherford struck off as solicitors.

Don't let them panic you, and take all the good advice already given, starting with the CCA request, they know if they can't produce the goods they can't take you to court.

Also, request that they send you their complainte procedure, as members of the CSA, they are duty bound to give you this.

Good luck.

The only power they have over you is fear. I hope with the help of others on here you feel able to take control of the situation.

At the moment it all feels a little out of control because they are phoning you up at night and at work. They aren't allowed to do this. It's that simple. They hope that you have no idea of your rights and will immediately pay them what they request. If you did that anyone could demand money from you. They must prove a) That you owe the money and b) that they have a right to collect it. Chances are they can prove neither hence the bluster and threats.

Believe me they are throwing ammunition that you can use against them. Hand them some rope or a spade, they are digging themselves in deep and as soon as they realise that you're no pushover you'll see the back of them.

Go for it! Good luck.

Get onto the company which supplies your work phone no and ask to have their no barred, they can do this - I've done it against another company which kept calling me.

HFO have/had offices in Wimbledon and you should complain to Wimbledon police about them - they are getting a lot of complaints about their tactics and disregard for UK law. The local council where they are based has a 'Fair Trading' scheme and you should send the copy of their email to the manager there, Merton Council, Crown House, Morden, Surrey. They are also aware of this bunch of sharks.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I have done what was advised they are now calling saying that they are serving legal notice on me at work have sent the letters and they are now saying they have not receieved them what do I do !!

They are flying in the wind with that email, I suggest you take it to the nearest court and ask them for help, they CANNOT add legal fees their end and then add solicitors fees, its an old ploy to bump up court costs. You also need to remind them that they haven't complied with the pre-court protocols and therefore the 72 hour notice of litigation qualification is just a lot of twaddle designed to intimidate you.

If you do see a solicitor they will probably tell you the same.

I would also send their email to the local Trading Standards office as they are clearly intimidating.

Hiya,

They called around hour ago on different numbers the first one I said to contact me in writing and then another lady called and asked if my work address was open on a Sunday as they were issuing me with a Court Summons can they honestly come into my workplace and do this or is this all take I have sent both letters advised and they have said they have not receieved do I send again... The other day they called and asked to speak to my HR manager this is a living nightmare every day I have messages on my desk from them which they have left with people I work with telling me they are taking me to court !!! This is becoming so embrassing and that I owe £15000.00... It is a matter of time before my MD will be made aware of this and these people are making life a living hell at the moment !

Hiya,

They called around hour ago on different numbers the first one I said to contact me in writing and then another lady called and asked if my work address was open on a Sunday as they were issuing me with a Court Summons can they honestly come into my workplace and do this or is this all take I have sent both letters advised and they have said they have not receieved do I send again... The other day they called and asked to speak to my HR manager this is a living nightmare every day I have messages on my desk from them which they have left with people I work with telling me they are taking me to court !!! This is becoming so embrassing and that I owe £15000.00... It is a matter of time before my MD will be made aware of this and these people are making life a living hell at the moment !

Have you spoken to the police about this yet? (not 999)

I would come clean with your boss & explain to him/her what is going on - if they hold it against you, then they are not worth working for in my view.

The harrassment they are putting you under is nothing short of a disgrace & illegal - if it was an individual doing it then u would naturally contact the police - so there is no difference here.

The court document they issue you with (if they do) may not be from an actual court at all...check with the court 1st if this does happen..its not unknown for them to fake such things.

I know its easier said than done Lily..but you need to start fighting back with these clowns asap - they will just carry on at you while they sense you are vunerable.

Hi All,

I have done what was advised they are now calling saying that they are serving legal notice on me at work have sent the letters and they are now saying they have not receieved them what do I do !!

They are pure **** Lily..simple as, they darn well have received everything you have sent them - but are just fobbing you off in the hope that you pay up.

The are breaking so many laws here i wouldnt know were to start.

I seriously do recommend police advice (not 999)

You really are gonna have to fight fire with fire here Lily :evil:

• 1 year later...

The same is now happening to my partner he had a 3 grand loan with welcome finance in 2003 he lost his job and was unable to claim off the insurance he took out with the loan

now he's getting harrassed by hfo saying he owes 11110.00 odd number I know.

We had a 72 hour litigation notice through the post yesterday and now we don't know what to do they've called us non stop for a month now and have called his work leaving messages and now they've got hold of my mobile number which is a down right cheek I've got nothing to do with this debt.

It's to the point now that we don't answer the phone.

Any advice on what to do anybody?

When did your partner last make a payment on this loan?