Advice needed on various DCA's and Debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right trying to stay vauge i have a few outstanding debts

1300 lloyds tsb credit card but im sure i pay a debt collector a monthly amount.

1300 1st Credit unsecure loan i pay a monthly amount on this too.

500 LOWELL but i stopped paying this when retracted from doorstep collection

all of these defults will fall off my credit report within 6 months and was wondering what happens then?

also i could be in a position to offer to settle these with substantial discount if this is possible.

I understand i have been aknoledging the debts as i have been paying them but what would happen if i went down the route of cca and sar?

Manythanks in advance

Babyblue25

Lowells balance £0.00 YAY

You could also find out if there are any unlawful charges which you could reclaim.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

and i would not be causing any trouble for myself because i dont want the debt collectors to send off my debts if i put a spanner in the works.... Just they fall off in a few months and i am paying nominal payments and trying to improve my credit rating!! please help

Also is it right that the cca time limit does not exsist anymore?

The CCA time limit remains. 2 days for post/receipt, plus 12 days- then 30 days (one calendar month). The only change is after the 30 days they are not committing a criminal offence. They are in default though.

I think that's right, isn't it? Calling the more confidently knowledgeable!!!

Edited by emmaf01
missed a bit, oops.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

ok im going to cca them but keep paying and decide after they defult what to do i will sar them after i have the credit agreements they alledge i have signed...

im also going to do it for my father too to see what comes up

2 working days for post plus 12 working days to provide CCA.

I still get muddled about it!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I've only just had to re-check myself- I get confused by SAR and CCA working and calender days.

But then I get confused by crossing roads some days...:)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I am not sure- it would be a good idea to start your own thread giving background so people can give you some advice for your individual situation, Gibbo86.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

The CCA time limit remains. 2 days for post/receipt, plus 12 days- then 30 days (one calendar month). The only change is after the 30 days they are not committing a criminal offence. They are in default though.

I think that's right, isn't it? Calling the more confidently knowledgeable!!!

I believe that the 30 days is not relevant at all anymore since the new Act? I think it's automatically default after 12 days and the removal of the criminal offence.

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

If you click on the "Debt Collection Industry" at the top of the page- then under the titles at the top left hand side of the page is a button labelled "New thread" -click on that and input your info.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

im new to hear can anyone tell me if you havent signed a cca can you ask for debt to be removed from credit file

You can ask but it tends not to happen, (despite being a breach of the Data Protection Act)

David