Orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new here and could do with some advice/information. My wife is being chased by Eversheds and Mackenzie Hall for a mobile phone she supposedly bought from Orange in 2002, despite being told she'd never had a phone with that number or lived at the address they said she was living at in 2002 they have continued to write letters threatening court action etc. We have writen to the appropiate trading Standards, OFT and the Law Society complaining about the conduct of these two companies.

The problem we've really got is Orange, my wife has sent them two e-mails asking if their records show this mobile number being registered in her name and if their is an outstanding debt against her name, apart from an automatic acknowledgement these e-mails have been ignored. We can't phone because it seems impossible to get through to a real live person.

Does anybody know of an address where we can write to Orange, I've searched their website and can't find one, their contact details just give the email address and the phone number

Sorry to ramble on, especially as it's my first post.

Hello and Welcome, Kazbri.

Sorry to hear about the problems your having with Orange.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

You should get the help you require.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

1st, this is the standard letter to send (alter it to suit).

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

For the main issue, hopefully OrangePrimate will log in soon and give you more information. (he's the orange buff around here :p)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for the replies, I've already written letters of complaint to the OFT, Trading Standards and the Law Society about the conduct of Eversheds and Mackenzie Hall. My main concern is the lack of response from Orange, I have been a customer of theirs for 14 years and just need them to confirm that I've never had a mobile with this number or letters from them regarding this.

Hi kazbri

The correspondance team wont be able to help with a request like this in writing (as strange as it may sound!) due to dpa, it could literally be anyone writing/emailing and they cant 'discuss' account specific info.

as you have a mobile number to go by for reference, from an Orange mobile give 150 a ring and go through the options to get through to 'got a query with your bill' dept. if no Orange mobile then the number is 07973100150 or pop into an Orange retail store and they will let you use their phone to call to CS. call centres are open from 7am to 10pm so there should not be any issue at all actually speaking to someone. once the questions have been answered, you can request that notes be put on the account and/or confirmation sent to you in writing.

hope that helps

• Haha 1

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Hi kazbri

The correspondance team wont be able to help with a request like this in writing (as strange as it may sound!) due to Data Protection Act, it could literally be anyone writing/emailing and they cant 'discuss' account specific info.

Hi, this why I've been looking for an address I can write to them about this- been a customer of Orange for about 14/15 years ( but not much longer at this rate ). I've got Orange mobile phone (which is totally different number to one Eversheds/MacKenzie Hall are chasing me for) and I've got Orange broadband so they've definitely got my phone number, account number and address on their records

Hi Kazbri,

I think I've managed to find an address for them from Companies House. Presumably it is their UK Head Office (as they are ultimately a french company). Also, I've included a telephone number, so they may be able to point you in the right direction:

St. James Court

Great Park Road

Almondsbury Park

Bradley Stoke

South Glos.

BS12 4QJ

Tel: 01454 624600

I hope you get it sorted out soon, it can be so stressful dealing with these muppets sometimes :)