Problem with Betfair

Libertyisnotmyrealname
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Can anyone advise regarding Betfair and access to my money. I lost quite a bit of money in Betfair so finally decided to pull out the remainder of what I had gambled away. In error, instead of withdrawing my money I put it in the Australian licence wallet. Now I am denied access to my money unless I provide proof of ID with a letter from a "community leader".

My point is that it since the money came from my bank account why do I need more proof to put it back into my account? This is obviously money that belongs to me. Also I have no intention of involving a "community leader" or alternatively my "employer" in my personal affairs.

I would very much appreciate if someone knows how I can reclaim my own money without having to do what Betfair is asking.

Thank you for the response. No I have never set foot in Australia. I was just trying to withdraw my funds but the option was there to transfer into the Australian licence wallet. I'm not sure why but I clicked on that, obviously not understanding what I was doing. I am UK born and bred (and still here!) Generally I have found transferring and withdrawing money in Betfair somewhat confusing. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for that. However, I already enquired with Betfair who told me I had no choice but to go through the inconvenient ID checks process to get my money out. A simple transfer (which is common sense) is just not an option. They say it is Australian law. It's OK, I just know my days with Betfair, once I do get my money back, are most definitely over.

Guest joe.inom

I dont want to take you back to your past , but i have also played in the betfair , man , i cannot forget , yeah , i have loosed dollars in them but also gained grans from them , you see it is my wife that i setting me away form that , and she already did.

Now i am away from it.

i agree with an earlier poster....all you need to do is transfer it back to your uk wallet...then you can withdraw it just as normal......you have transferred it to the australian wallet but.... IT IS NOT LOCKED IN AN AUSTRALIAN BANK ACCOUNT.....think about it this way....if what has been said is true...how come you never had to provide all this ID before you transferred it TO the aussie wallet....phone them again....good luck.

Well that was exactly my point i.e. 2 seconds to pay it in, eternity and jumping through rings of fire to get it out. The actual website will not allow me to take it out - gives me a message about providing ID etc. I have called Betfair several times and only end up very frustrated since they keep telling me the same thing about providing the ID. They acknowledge it's not common sense but reckon their hands are tied.

Well that was exactly my point i.e. 2 seconds to pay it in, eternity and jumping through rings of fire to get it out. The actual website will not allow me to take it out - gives me a message about providing ID etc. I have called Betfair several times and only end up very frustrated since they keep telling me the same thing about providing the ID. They acknowledge it's not common sense but reckon their hands are tied.

are you a new betfair user?

Hello mate.

Sorry for butting in with whats probably rubbish. i have no experience of betfair but one thing i would try is this. Ring them and say your computer has crashed and is beyond repair. You have absolutely no intention of getting another one. You do not know of any internet cafes nor have any desire to use them. Demand that they send you any cahs you have in any account or wallet to the address i presume you provided when you registered with them. I also presume you can give them log on info if requested. Otherwise, pay a solicitor £10 or £15 to send them a letter demading the money back or court action if they disagree.

Hope you get it sorted out whichever way you go mate. Good luck.

are you a relative new betfair user?....if you are then you at some point have to go through the security checks...bank statements etc.............your funds being transferred to the aussie wallet may have activated this.

not being funny...but why don't you just do what they're asking for...fax them a bank statement with proof on it of the account you're using to supply your betfair funds and what have you.......sort it out that way......pain in the aris it may be...but it will free your money up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to give in and send them what they're asking for as the most "convenient" option. I already went through security checks with bank statements etc. Their point is I need to go through another procedure with the Australian wallet since it's somehow separate to Betfair. The latest I've been told is that I can download a form from the Betfair site which I can take to any post office with my ID. As stated previously, that will then be my last dealings with Betfair - forever!