MBNA - Interesting Phone Call

Jipdog7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As with many people MBNA have failed to provide me with the right stuff under a CCA request, they sent the usual copy of the application form from 2002 and current terms & conditons.

I wrote back telling them to get it right which is I assume why I got a call from them today. For a start I wasn't impressed as it was on my work number. The minute I knew it was a lady from there I admit I saw red. :mad:

I pointed out that I had requested everything to be via writing and got the usual "We are a phone bank only" response. Parried with the "I'm a letter only person" (thanks whomever came up with that one! ;)) which seemed to annoy her further.

Next salvo was that the account was in dispute as they hadn't fulfilled the CCA request to which she replied "we have provided you with all we need to" when pressured if that is the documentation they would rely on in court she told me that they wouldn't take me to court but it would go to "litigation" and they would get a charging order on my house.

She didn't sound impressed when I pointed out that in this country litigation means going to court and she'd have to do that to get any kind of order. In fact she was so unimpressed she put the phone down. :D

I feel another letter to MBNA coming on, pointing out the error of their ways. At least I know where I stand now, just need to get it in writing from them. Will also get a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) started to annoy them further.

Thanks to all on this site who have given me the confidence to fight back!

Got home to find they'd sent me 3 letters, all dated the same day, one in a nice green envelope which makes a change.

In one letter they claim that they've been notified that I've moved address, obviously another ploy to get me to phone up and say "Oh no I haven't", they really do think we are stupid.

Had to laugh as two of the letters were signed by Martin Supple as Head of Customer Assistance and one by Matthew McGrath as Head of Customer Assistance - are they on a jobshare scheme??

Write back to them asking which one is head of the department.... or point out that their threatomatic machine doesn't know it's already sent the same letter to you on the same day - and don't forget to charge them £30 for the letters....

Bit like Nat West, spent 1/2 hour in branch on Monday getting charge back and then came home to call centre moron telling me accounts will be closed forthwith... told him 'manager has just contradicted you - up yours'. Luckily I'd been in another bank getting my parachute account set up!

Had another call from them today and suceeded in getting the woman so annoyed that she slammed the phone down on me! :-D

She confirmed yet again that they would never take me to court then started threatening me with debt collectors, charging orders, terrible things on my credit file, never getting another job, bad hair days, plagues of frogs, etc.

One quote from her was "you think you know so much about your rights but you're wrong!" No dear, I think you're the one in the wrong!

A plus that I do have now is their fax number (she wanted me to re-send the "do not call me" letter) it's 01244 673091 if anyone wants to use it. :wink:

• Haha 1

Jipdog, you sound like you're having far too much fun!! :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.