Help wanted Mis Sold car!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im new to this and not sure on what rights i have but il give you a brief description.

I brought a car from a local dealer, the car wasnt on site, he gave me a discription of the car and of this i put a disposit on the car. I asked if there was any faults he sais just some stone chips on the bonnet which would be seen to and a side skirt.

Anyway after about 3 weeks the car finally arrived, i checked over the car and i wasnt happy with one side of the car due to diffences in paint colour. The dealer finally agrees to sort this out, he says that the door was painted, the car looked fine, aftger a few days and the polish had faded i noticed that the wind and bonnet now didnt match, but he said then he had painted the wing and door as you cant paint just the one panel. but id noticed that the other wing was the same, it looked like the whole front end had been painted which wasnt made clear to me else i wouldnt have had the car

then i moaned other issues which he failed to fix, so after a long battle i go to the manager and get these problems sorted

meanwhile paint has came of the bonnet ive had various paintjobs to them to correct the problmes but i know having masking marks etc and diffent colour panels which i am not happy with. and now paint has started to peel again of the bonnet so this means car will be sprayed again and possibly different colours,

my argument is if id have know the car had whole front end sprayed i wouldnt have brought the car, but also the car isnt even two years old so i woulnt expect this condition of paintwork with a car thats not even 2 years

so can someone please advise me what i can do, really i could do with getting them to take the car back

thanks in advance

Hi im new to this and not sure on what rights i have but il give you a brief description.

I brought a car from a local dealer, the car wasnt on site, he gave me a discription of the car and of this i put a disposit on the car. I asked if there was any faults he sais just some stone chips on the bonnet which would be seen to and a side skirt.

Anyway after about 3 weeks the car finally arrived, i checked over the car and i wasnt happy with one side of the car due to diffences in paint colour. The dealer finally agrees to sort this out, he says that the door was painted, the car looked fine, aftger a few days and the polish had faded i noticed that the wind and bonnet now didnt match, but he said then he had painted the wing and door as you cant paint just the one panel. but id noticed that the other wing was the same, it looked like the whole front end had been painted which wasnt made clear to me else i wouldnt have had the car

then i moaned other issues which he failed to fix, so after a long battle i go to the manager and get these problems sorted

meanwhile paint has came of the bonnet ive had various paintjobs to them to correct the problmes but i know having masking marks etc and diffent colour panels which i am not happy with. and now paint has started to peel again of the bonnet so this means car will be sprayed again and possibly different colours,

my argument is if id have know the car had whole front end sprayed i wouldnt have brought the car, but also the car isnt even two years old so i woulnt expect this condition of paintwork with a car thats not even 2 years

so can someone please advise me what i can do, really i could do with getting them to take the car back

thanks in advance

They misrepresented the way matters actually were. Write them a harsh letter threatening legal action if they do not refund you in full and take the car back.

Send it special delivery, give them 14 days.

They are in breach of the 'Misrepresentation Act 1967' and the 'Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982'.

If they refuse, issue court action against them for the full amount plus interest [at 8% per annum pursuant to s69 of the 'County Courts Act 1984'] and charge them a reasonable amount for keeping the car in your driveway or garage, claiming this in the claim form.

You will need to articulate your Particulars of Claim and letter to them succinctly and detail the exact occurrences - if you word it like you have this post, you will lose.

Good luck & keep us posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Thanks

Can you give me any help on how to word this letter roughly?

i need all the help i can get

I can try, but you're going to have to do a draft first, and I'll try and do it up. This is a help forum, not a place to get somebody to do all the work for you! Sorry!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Thanks basically i just like a rought idea of how to word the acts into my letter

Draft the letter and I'll try to help with that. Need the bulk of the letter first to be able to help.

There is a section of the forum here which gives a guide on how to write letters of complaint together with some templates which may make a good starting point.

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

hi Guys ive written the bulk of the letter can anyone give me any tips for better ways of phrases things etc

Thanks in advance

To Whom It May Concern,

On 14.01.08, I bought a Proton Gen 2 from (add garage name and address) for £5495. I believe that I have been mis-sold the car, as acts detailing the description of the car were misrepresented.

The car was advertised on the website but wasn’t on site to view. The sale team assured me the vehicle would be in excellent condition, but they were awaiting details from Dealership. After a few days I returned to garage name and I was told the bonnet and driver side had been resprayed. I was also told that the car would have the 18k mile service and usual checks.

After several weeks when the car arrived, there were obvious colour differences between the drivers door and the wing. garage name after a debate agreed and sprayed the vehicle and I was told it was the door that was painted on the advice from Mr B. I then noticed the colour difference between the drivers wing and the bonnet, however garage name did not agree. On driving home disappointed that the job had not been done properly I noticed the steering wheel was out of line . After discussing this with Mr C, this was on the proton 18k mile service check sheet but wasn’t done .Not only that, but the air con also smelt of damp and after a few days noticed the off side wing and door has a colour difference.

After months of complaining (with no avail) I get sent over to services department to arrange a meeting with Mr B to look at the paint work. While waiting for this date to come around paint peels of the bonnet whilst washing my car by hand!

Mr B agrees that there are colour differences and agrees to respray them. Whilst in this discussion, I find out that the rear door of my car was also sprayed and that the whole front end had been sprayed by Dealership before the car arrived at the garage and that is what has caused the colour differences in the first place. I hadn’t been told any of this on purchase.

Since then, the paint work has been done twice and paint has peeled again on the bonnet. I now have masking marks on the car from this respraying, and have been passed from pillar to post in trying to resolve these matters with garage name and Dealership

The cutomer services at garage name have been less than helpful passing my complaints through many channels without results and some emails I have sent have not been responded to.

All these problems are due to being mis-informed when I bought the car. If I’d have known about the paintwork I wouldn’t have bought the car in the first place.

Due to the information above I believe you have misrepresented the way matters actually were. I believe garage name are in breach of the 'Misrepresentation Act 1967', the 'Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982' and the sales of goods act 1979, due to the car not being of satisfactory quality.

I bought this car on trust from garage name and understand I bought a second hand car. However, I bought a car which was less than 18 months old because I wanted a quality car and believed a Proton car would be. garage name have been less than professional in dealing with these matters as very little communication between the employees at this garage have taken place with regards to my complaints and questions. Phone calls have been passed between two, three even four people all of which know nothing of the problems I’ve had (or being ignorant of these problems) and I feel strongly that some employees at garage name think that by spraying a part of the car will solve the problems. I have been told that different people are to blame for the problems; from each other at garage name to Dealership themselves with no-one actually taking accountability.

I am very disappointed with this purchase and this has caused me 7 months of undue stress and time wasted. I now wish to return the car which I have been mis-sold as the problems do not seem to be being solved and receive my money back or a sum of money close to what I have paid (given mileage has been added in 7 months). I do not see how else these problems can be resolved and as the car is under a 6yr warranty I will end up returning and returning to garage name unhappy and frustrated and the poor quality of paint work and disappointing customer service.

I am sending this letter to Finance Company , Dealership and garage name with the hope that this issue will be resolved as a matter of urgency