son account. help needed please !

les46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can start a claim for my son against his bank barcleys. as they have slap him with charges for over 2 years. he is on benifits as he has epilepsy and behavioual problems. he cant read. and can only just sign his name. so can i help him.

barcleys has not only hit him with overdraft charges but had also hit him with this so called additions account twice. charging him £10 for doing it. i did telephone his bank saying that ther was no way he asked for the additions account, and that he did not want the additions account. to cut this story short. they counciled the account but never payed him back the £10 charges for this. which took him overdrawn, even thou this was their fault. and they have threaten him with debt collectors. due to his poor health he can not cope with it.

He had been paying back the over draft on his account for several months, but ever time he put money to pay back.. more charges would come out. it was a never ending circle. at the time he owed about £60

now he owes about £200. but the overdraft charges is far more than this. so can i put in a claim for him and on his behalf to help him get his money back in the charges they have taking. as he can not do this for himself.

thank for your help !

Hi Les

yes you can help your son reclaim his charges, you can do all the letters etc for him

he just needs to sign them, as you have said he can do this, so there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck

Tilly

I would add something about his condition and that his case is treated as hardship. Furthermore, add that the account may well have been missold to him and the charges incurred have come directly as a result.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi Les and welcome to the Barclays forum.

Firstly, you should complain to Cust'r Services that your son never asked for the Additions A/c and requires immediate refund of all Add'ns fees charged.

If you have all statements for his a/c, read the Reclaiming Guide in Link No1 in my signature below. Enter the unlawful charges onto the site spreadsheet and send the bank a Prelim Letter reclaiming the charges - leave off the s.69 Interest just now as you'll only claim that when you file at court.

In your Prelim Ltr, ask the bank to consider YS's claim as a hardship case because of his limited income, his benefits and his medical condition as suggested by others.

Come back with any Q's. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Apologies to slick, I inadvertently reported the post because the signature was not visible not realising I had switched signatures off. Apologies for off topic post les46 but I felt public embarrassment was required for my shame to go

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

YB,

No probs, and I hope the shame subsides quickly, LoL

:p

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)