[edited] Phone Menu

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is about context I suppose, but what I may class as obscene may not be the same as someone else and on an internet site, the site team are the arbiters as to whether it is right or not. They do not get it right all the time, but being site team is a difficult thing to do. Either you go over the top or not enough and each person will believe both sets of view is correct. You cannot please everyone all of the time.

Correct.

Sometimes you get people who don't get it though, and therefore make the situation worse by attempting to bang on about it until they get thier pointless point across. :rolleyes:

BBC, I want to ignore you, but ahem, that leaves you open to giving the impression you have a point.

If only you could see.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too originally found the post offensive (My husband suffers from severe depression) but on reflection like vincentfan, I realised I was being oversensitive. I laugh at many things that others might find upsetting, that's what makes life bearable.

Well well well Cagbot so far i have found the word w _ _ ker(reported) and now i have found the word bas_ _ _d and all in less than a minute..but sadly i have to wait 300 seconds between each report...yet our dear old CagBot removes seven of my posts today, and some were old posts??? Mmm me thinks Cagbot must have checked all of my posts today how sad..

But on the other hand i'm sure Cagbot will now check every one elses posts for the same errors..:D

Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion, but by continually trying to cause an argument on the thread, I would have thought it was obvious that the site team would begin to wonder if your other posts were as argumentative.

Your suggestion that they check all other post is obviously a joke considering the amount of time this would take. That is why members are requested to report any offensive post that they come across by clicking the red triangle.

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

It is about context I suppose, but what I may class as obscene may not be the same as someone else and on an internet site, the site team are the arbiters as to whether it is right or not. They do not get it right all the time, but being site team is a difficult thing to do. Either you go over the top or not enough and each person will believe both sets of view is correct. You cannot please everyone all of the time.

Thank you YourBank now you have answered without taking any sides.:) it's a shame that there aint more people like you on this site to make decisions instead of those who feel the need to fire the bullets just because they dont like a remark.

BBC, been on Team Status(another forum), left team status, been classed as a troll, unhelpful, banker, liar, and a complete idiot and most of them were at certain times correct within their context and one of them is still true. I will put in bold which is the correct one just to make sure everyone else is also aware. :D

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Oh dear so what everyone is saying is that i'm wrong,so much for freedom of speech.

Ok lets put it another if i was wrong about this thread, then why did CagBot find the need to delete seven others posts of mine which were posted a long time before today, do you all not now think that is being a lit bit immature

Can you make your mind up on what stance you are going to follow instead of constantly changing your mind on what your actually complaining about :confused:.. as so far you seem to just be complaining about anything and everything ... is there a point to all your posts in this thread ? if so do you actually want to tell people what EXACTLY your complaining about .. or even better complain to the appropriate people ie the site team

if you have nothing better to do maybe you could occupy yourself by searching and letting us know just how many posts contain the word banker :rolleyes:

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

469 is the figure for Janet M

I demand a recount as you have to be wrong :rolleyes: you have 437 posts and 90% of them you mention your occupation :razz:

edit

LOL I did think that seemed awful low YB lol

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I think you will find most of those ones were in the bear garden which don't count :D

Who said they don't count :confused: ..I didn't specify where the posts had to be :p ..I can't believe you actually went and checked YB LMAO

doubts.

i didn't check my own posts Janet M, cos I am really really really really really really not quite yet that sad.

EDIT: I didn't edit this post before posting.

EDIT EDIT: honest guv'nor

EDIT EDIT EDIT for emphasis so it takes your mind of what I have posted at the start

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

i didn't check my own posts Janet M, cos I am really really really really really really not quite yet that sad.

really ?

doubts.

edited.gifPHONE MENU

Hello and thank you for calling The State Mental Hospital.

Please select from the following options menu:

If you are edited.gif, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are edited.gif, please ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you edited.gif, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

If you edited.gif, we know who you are and what you want; stay on the line so we can trace your call.

If you are edited.gifl, press 7 and your call will be forwarded to the Mother Ship.

If you are edited.gif, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are edited.gif hang up.It doesn't matter which number you press, nothing will make you happy anyway.

If you are edited.gif, press 9-6-9-6.

If you are [edit], please leave a message after the beep or before the beep or after the beep. But please wait for the beep.

If you have [edit], press 9. If you [edit], press 9. If you have[edit], press 9.

If you have [edit], please hang up.Our operators are too busy to talk with you.

If you are [edit], put the gun down, hang up, turn on the fan, lie down and cry. You won't be crazy forever.

If you are [edit], don't press any buttons. You'll just mess it up.

If you have had a humour by-pass, don't bother pressing any buttons. You're beyond help. :-D

I wish to complain about the use of the word 'hang' as my grt grt grt grt grt grandfather was hanged for a crime he didn't commit so I find this word offensive

doubts.

I now find the fact that you have edited out what you meant highly offensive to . as now I know you was insulting my grt grt grt grt grt grt grandfather but I am unable to reply to it .. therefore not allowing me the right to reply

edit

minus a grt as I aged him then

doubts.

You could always tell me to edited.gif off.... I would know you were insulting me, but would be unable to point out what is offensive... and effectively leaving ME to imagine what it is you might have been saying, which is probably far worse in my imagination than what you actually meant to say... :razz:

errrrrrrrrrrr errrrrrrrrrrrr errrrrrrrrrrr

think I'l give up ..I just realised I'm talking cr*p ;)

doubts.

I would like to complain about Janet M's continuing to promote the police on this thread. Please see post 86 and the quote by bookworm. Emergency lines should not be used in this way(look at the edits ;D )

PMSL.............

...I just realised...

What took you so long?

:p

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

What took you so long?

:p

LMAO p!55 off you lol can't handle both Bookie AND you

doubts.

Well i just looked at one defintion of a book worm, it says

An organism, sometimes a literal worm, which harms books by feeding on their binding or leaves

So i guess an internet version would be a Troll, you aint a Troll are you Bookie