style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been to my fave seaside town today..... Southport..!

Did U know that in 1990, Sefton Council wanted to demolish the pier, and the motion was defeated by 1 vote.

What a fantastic result that one vote turned out to be!! :D

It was a bit unfortunate for you to post about a pier just yesterday and now it seems like you are rubbing salt into the wounds of the people of Weston-Super-Mare

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

live there dave its lovely when the sun shines and i love that its beside the sea aften ride that way on my bike even tried to look at the sea in a tornado :eek:not an all together wise move but love looking at think its been run down alot over the years though more needs to spent on the actual stuff to do here i think though less hotels more entertainment xxkia

It was a bit unfortunate for you to post about a pier just yesterday and now it seems like you are rubbing salt into the wounds of the people of Weston-Super-Mare

The original post was 8 & 1/2 hours BEFORE the pier fire.

Shall I just keep my gob shut in case I upset someone because I was breathing, as it may seem like i'm rubbing salt in to the wounds of someone who stopped breathing some hours later?? :rolleyes: NOT!!

Political correctness gone mad. :mad::mad:

The original post was 8 & 1/2 hours BEFORE the pier fire.

Shall I just keep my gob shut in case I upset someone because I was breathing, as it may seem like i'm rubbing salt in to the wounds of someone who stopped breathing some hours later?? :rolleyes: NOT!!

Political correctness gone mad. :mad::mad:

I noticed that you had posted BEFORE the fire, that is why I said it was unfortunate.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 4 weeks later...

yep hoping to be there this year its just got a bit pricey last few years and if its rained which could be likely its awful trying to sit on beach last year it chucked it down so gave it a miss red arrows were excellent though as always they were so low could see guys face :Ddog was a little scared though they were very loud when there on top of you ;)the arrows that is :Dxxkia

£17.00 to get into the Flower Show??! :mad:

What's all that about then??!! It's hardly Chelsea is it!!! ;)

It's only £14.00 for Blackpool Tower, and that's a rip off too..

It's

The powers that be need to remember how quickly people will vote with

their wallets and purses in these difficult times...

yes how true and i live here i cant afford to go anymore dont know how anyone can afford it think its about the same for air show but only me likes it so only one to pay for if i go xxkia

I absolutely love Southport...!

Have you seen my (Private/Friends) FB Photo's Album from just a couple of weeks ago...??

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=526403526#/album.php?aid=34659&id=526403526

My Facebook for new contacts... (David Buckley)

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=526403526#/profile.php?id=526403526

Install PicLens / CoolIris for Firefox...

Cooliris, Inc. | Beyond the Browser

RECOMMENDED!!

Edited by diskmandave

sent a facebbok request would love to see pics of southport ill get mine off my phone and let u see em some good ones of the sea :)might see if i got some old ones around xxkia

i think the air show this year is £7 on the day. The year we went they had a hercules doing what looked like a stall and then starting up again it was a truly amazing sight to see something of that size move so delicately. really hope the weather holds as that will ba a busy couple of days as off to manchester on the thursday before to see gomez and get trollied.

so do i there was a time when it was free gone are them days and the year we snook on under the ropes now theres big fences so no chance of doing that anymore not less i can learn to limbo :Dxxkia

Southport is great fun. As soon as we arrived we hit the pubs, then went round the fair. Managed to almost get some serious hassle from a gang of scousers after scaring their kids on the dinosaur boat ride.

FuzzyB: ARRRGH!!! It's got my leg......

KID: MAM!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

what today weather was appalling i was near the jjb today the fair aint what it used to be fuzzy gone was downhill recently we did have a ferris wheel for about a week till someone complained it was too big :confused:and they took it back down funny the old roller coaster was much bigger but nowt said:rolleyes:xxkia

Yep, I heard the fair has been downsized since we were last there. Planning on a weekend there spring 2009. Looking for some decent restaurants and a bit of nightlife. Can you reccomend any good places?

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

theres the cafe matisse is good i like cloisters myself have to find out the exact address theres ruetters thats on houghton street and near me is botanic bistro in churchtown near the park bit pricey but food lovely hope this helps remind me closer to the time xxkia:)

I have loads of happy memories of vists to Southport when I lived in Lancashire.:)

I'm just looking at my favourite pic of me taken by my ex husband in the main street in Southport on a beautiful sunny day; I was 27 and dead skinny back then in erm, 19 bbbbbbbbb :rolleyes:

lol painty that would be Lord Street u mean got red roads still here there was a guy on a roof yesterday on there for hours the debate was suicide or to cause bother who knows all i know is he was up there hours last night but he did come down voluntarily frozen probably xxkia

I've been doing a little digging! :D

Southport Forums - Southport Pier

Southport Past Photos

The Southport forums is absolutely huge and cram packed

with hundreds if not thousands of photographs, 99% user

submitted..

Southport Forums

Edited by diskmandave
add a bit!

southport gb yep i not used it for pics must admit ill check that out tomorrow when i got a min thanks dave air show day tomorrow too and if they dont call it off then itll be very wet i reckon so itll be wellies and pak a maks no good that is it :confused:let u know if it goes ahead xxkia