Ebay parking packs are back again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[EDIT]

Whilst flitting around ebay, have seen these parking packs are back again 'enforce it yourself' - Signs, 'tickets' and a pack telling you what to do.

At least they will put some of the lovely PPC's out of business hopefully. (Not you of course Perky !!). From the picture, at least it looks like they say 'contractual agreement' and dont mention penalty anywhere (that I can see).

Edited by Rooster-UK
Unauthorised web address removed.

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

I did that the first time they appeared. I got an automated ebay response, and they didnt dissapear.

I fired off another email, and got the response back " they do not breach ebay guidelines'.

I did email the seller - and got a response back asking me which law they breached. I did toy with Admin of Justice act - but these notices clearly dont say penalty, or mimic any known FPN's etc, and they clearly say 'contractual agreement', not penalty - and considering what some of the other PPC's get away with, then I actually think this set are quite tame, and actually are quite good at not perporting to be anything other than a private ticket.

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

Ha Ha - seems that they may of been asked before this one .....

Thank you for your observations regarding our parking kits.

The plastic pocket that is pictured in the kit has the wording 'parking charge notice'. It does not immitate any council or police parking notices - the police use 'fixed penalty charge' and the council 'penalty charge notice'. Our pouches use none of the above.

I wish to clarify that our kit was made in response to landowners asking for a self administered solution, which did not involve all the money going to some 'fat cat' company. They also asked for a solution which meant that they could instantly stop any ticket, and that they recieved any monies paid for the ticket.

The tickets, and signage clearly state that the ticket is an agreement, not a penalty.

With regard to your question about the liability lies with the driver, I quite agree. Our booklet supplied with the kit advises the landowner to take photographs of the driver, and of the vehicle, to be able to identify the driver in the event of court proceedings.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

usual rubbish. "the ticket is an agreement" - hopeless, not even english.

and photographs don't identify anyone - and are easily overcome.

they even describe them as "10 x parking ticket fpn wallets,"

and they have 100 percent good feedback - yeah right, their system works and everyone is happy with it.

Their yellow envelope wallet clearly is designed to mimic council/police envelopes and the words on the envelope say "IT IS AN OFFENCE FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THE DRIVER......" How can they claim it is an offence to remove it when there is no such offence committed?

Their yellow envelope wallet clearly is designed to mimic council/police envelopes and the words on the envelope say "IT IS AN OFFENCE FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THE DRIVER......" How can they claim it is an offence to remove it when there is no such offence committed?

Here's a thought.

They are encouraging people to commit fraud/misrepresenation/demand money with menaces. It goes against the E-bay ethos doen't it (cos we all know they won't profit before ethics don't we :wink:).

A complaint to E-bay along explaining the rationale (perhaps directing them at the PPC guide, AJA S40, Fraud Act etc) might persuade them to ban such listings. It might get them withdrawn (until they find new ways of marketing them). :grin:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------