Capital One here I come!

lizchspman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I take so much encouragement from reading the posts on here that I suddenly realised I ought to post my progress as well.

6 June sent request for information

11 July received HUGE envelope by special delivery - they have sent me every scrap of information they have ever held on me. The charges come to £520 (quick flip through - will be absolutely sure by listing them before I send off the next letter. Greatly heartened by posts on here of those who have succeeded.

13 July sent off letter asking for MY money back. Gave up trying to work out interest and settled for just asking fot he £520 Was a little hesitant since hearing that some courts were throwing the cases out but have jsut read tonight that Lloyds have settled in full!!! Glad I posted the letter today anyway!!

• 2 weeks later...

27 July

I lost track of the time so they have had 4 weeks now and still no reply. Sent off letter before action today.

Got a statement today and was delighted to realise that they owe me (just) more than I owe them!! Wish I could claim the same rate of interest they are taking off me!!!

wow... good luck... I am awaiting my statements as we speak... My balance is only £180, and they owe me at least £60 so, hoping I will be in same boat as you!!

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

27 July

I lost track of the time so they have had 4 weeks now and still no reply. Sent off letter before action today.

Got a statement today and was delighted to realise that they owe me (just) more than I owe them!! Wish I could claim the same rate of interest they are taking off me!!!

You can!!!

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for all those helpful comments - it's taken me about half an hour to follow all the various threads there but time well spent!

11 August first offer received £208 as against my claim for £520. They are so not in with a chance here! :)

• 3 weeks later...

28 August

They have refused to consider a full refund so I have today filed a claim with Moneyclaim (thanks to Vampiress for the spreadsheet and Michael Browne for helping me with the claim form) Total claimed now stands at £662.09 plus court charges plus £0.12 daily interest.

I was just about to send my spreadsheet and and 1st approach for payment to Capital One, but after reading your thread about the spreadsheet from Vampiress, i'm not sure if i've filled in the correct one, i've just used the standard one levying the 8% interest.

i've seen reference to compound interest etc, and never being particularly good at maths it's all starting to go over my head!!

Can you help? Is the standard spreadsheet sufficient or should i be using something else

Cheers

ViennaBlue

the 8% part of the spreadsheet is only if your making a court claim, the other part (page 2 I think) is the part you should send with your prelim

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I asked Vampiress for help as I know hshe has helped many other people and she was fantastic - gave me exactly what I needed to fill in. THe 8% does not get added until you go to court. In fact I did not add interest at all until the court claim then I hit it with everything - after all they have now had about 8 weeks to pay the straight charges back and didn't wish to do so! Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

YEEEEESSSSS!!! Just had my letter today - everything they did was legal - I have no claim against them at all - but to avoid court action they will pay my claim in full. RESULT111 Thanks to everyone hwho helped me. Now to attack the rest.

I will make a donation but need to wait until I am no longer paying to much unneccessary interest to these sharks!