• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, In Feb 2009 I took Swift to court and won a time order and today i went back and have won a temporary reduction in interest rates despite swift claiming all sorts of poverty.

I am considering revisiting court to recover charges they have piled on my account as my opinion is that if they had helped me in the firts place I wouldn't have incurred charges. To apply for a time order you must get a default letter which means missing two payments. Swift's contract seems geared to deter anyone from applying for a time order by applying these charges at the default letter point.

Wish me luck

Brilliant news. Well done. Can you start a Swift forum thread, post up some docs and help give us some more info. It will help others on here and they can give you some support too.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Treasury Select Committee

Is anyone watching this ...John Mann and John Mcfall is giving the FSA some stick:grin::wink:

sparkie

The FSA are always being criticised but they never move. Waste of time.

The Consumer Credit Act 2006 (which was fully implemented on 1 October 2008) updates and amends CCA 1974: "Lenders have to provide regular statements during the lifetime of the debt - this includes a breakdown of the balance, clearly stating interest payments and any default charges."

So since October last year Swift customers should have been getting full statements of account. When I queried it they said they haven't been previously obliged (presumably referring to pre-October 2008) but they will send one on the anniversary of the loan. If you haven't had one and your "anniversary" has passed since October, demand one now quoting the Act.

When we first requested one we were sent a list of payments and the second time a redemption statement - their staff have no idea. Anyone with a running account with Swift needs to know exactly what the alleged debt is. This is why the redemption statements come as such a shock to people - we have no idea how our "loan" is being cranked up.

The Consumer Credit Act 2006 (which was fully implemented on 1 October 2008) updates and amends CCA 1974: "Lenders have to provide regular statements during the lifetime of the debt - this includes a breakdown of the balance, clearly stating interest payments and any default charges."

So since October last year Swift customers should have been getting full statements of account. When I queried it they said they haven't been previously obliged (presumably referring to pre-October 2008) but they will send one on the anniversary of the loan. If you haven't had one and your "anniversary" has passed since October, demand one now quoting the Act.

When we first requested one we were sent a list of payments and the second time a redemption statement - their staff have no idea. Anyone with a running account with Swift needs to know exactly what the alleged debt is. This is why the redemption statements come as such a shock to people - we have no idea how our "loan" is being cranked up.

you have to put a gap at the end of 200 6 so you don't get smilies! :p

Hi sweetjane:)

The cheeky swines - sending a redemption statement instead of a statement of your account -not only are they complete idiots, but clever ones at that (if that's not a contradiction:eek:) as they charged us £65 twice for two redemption statements when we were about to repay them. If you haven't asked specifically for a redemption statement you should tell them so and make sure they don't charge you for their (deliberate) mistake!

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
missed a bit!

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Well done Sparkie. I bet the guidance to the CAG site has been an eye opener for the TSC! I have much faith in the course of action you have managed to achieve.

Hi Matey

That is IF they read the forum.......we will never lnow really:idea:

sparkie

Some brilliant guidance on here, however with SWIFT nothing has prooved sucsessfull.

I await in antisipation as I will be froced to repay the redemption figure or £47K out of a £49K loan after repaying over £39K now.

I will challange some charges, however that will only result in less then £1K over the pieriod.

Should this be anyone want to proove that continue to challange these ruthless lenders will deliver results I are all ears.

Hi overdone I have a full redemption statement with a valid date.

Will be contesting all charges.

Worst thing I ever done was to deal with SWIFT ADVANCES

Still will follow this thread and wish every one the very best on getting justice ref charges and lending rates

Just think I could lend some old dear £1000 have it secured on her property and increase the intrest rate to 1000% a day and get possession of her property and no one can do oting about it ?

This is a tactick that is used by lenders and it is leagal !

Sorry to put a damper on this but I are been real ......

Hi overdone I have a full redemption statement with a valid date.

Will be contesting all charges.

Worst thing I ever done was to deal with SWIFT ADVANCES

Still will follow this thread and wish every one the very best on getting justice ref charges and lending rates

Just think I could lend some old dear £1000 have it secured on her property and increase the intrest rate to 1000% a day and get possession of her property and no one can do oting about it ?

This is a tactick that is used by lenders and it is leagal !

Sorry to put a damper on this but I are been real ......

err? Maybe not Swift Eater - there's such a thing as an 'extortionate credit bargain' you'd be stuffed matey :-D

err? Maybe not Swift Eater - there's such a thing as an 'extortionate credit bargain' you'd be stuffed matey :-D

I think it is max 40% in this country.

I think it is max 40% in this country.

That said, if you look at some of the early resettlement charges and someone does settle early, it is still shocking.

Not realy going to do that, 1000% and secured on property.

From what I can see is we all have unregulated agreements falling outside of any CCA.

It is a misconception that just because the agreement exceeds 25k on agreements pre Apr 2007 that they are unregulated agreements falling outside the CCA -take a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within.html

Its a long thread but the first 4 pages will give you the jist.

However, multiple agreements are hanging on a case going to appeal in October called Heath vs Southern Pacific.

Smarterchick

Indeed you are correct, are you saying that a multiple agreement over £25K is regulated ?

This is a grey area as over £25K is unregulated and multiple is regulated ?

Hope we all do get Justice.

Kinds regards ( this thread has gone slow )

Smarterchick

Indeed you are correct, are you saying that a multiple agreement over £25K is regulated ?

This is a grey area as over £25K is unregulated and multiple is regulated ?

Hope we all do get Justice.

Kinds regards ( this thread has gone slow )

I'm saying ANY loan can be regulated as per the thread I posted above if the constituant parts are separate categories of credit each of which are under £25k ie: £40k loan, part cash under £25k Unrestricted Use . older loan paid off from proceedings by new loan company - restricted use..etc.

If you had 2 loans paid off under 25k but falling under 1 category of credit (both Restricted Use) which combined exceed 25k, that combined amount would remain unregulated, but the cash regulated. It begs the question though as to whether the whole agreement is therefore unenforceable as it is not correctly executed. Remember though, this only relates to loans pre Apr 2007 after which the new CCA comes into play where the courts alone can decide the unenforcability whereas earlier loans can rely soley on the '74 Act.

• 2 weeks later...

You see fowks we must pay attention to our argreements. I will be repaying £48K soon to swift for a 49K loan after repaying over £39K.

Within this company there are many loop holes what this company has used to there advantage. Example the funding rates, ( they rise when rates increase and never decline when rates come down ) these tackticks are unfair and can be seen as **edit** activities used for fainancial gain.

What Swft doe not know is that there business is been scrutinised by profisional business men who have information to sugesst unfair lending with acusations close to been money lender pracisies. The result of these findings will cause 1000s of agreements of swifts to be questioned and wrightfully be re calculated and the difference be compensated.

Swift are big fish in comparrison to us consumers, but as they are been taken on by equal powers they will become less than equal as there morral high standing will be diminished in the process.

The morral goes what goes around comes around.

Swifteater

Edited by citizenB
new, be careful with allegations :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks