• Tweets

• Hi With the Section 21 Notice I do hope the Landlord issued you with: Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the Property How to Rent Guide A current Gas Safety Certificate (if gas in the Property) If above have not been provided to the Tenant by the Landlord then they can't use a Section 21 Notice until the above have been provided (note you don't warn the Landlord of this until but put it in your defence) Have a good read of this link: Evicting tenants in England: Section 21 and Section 8 notices - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Information for landlords in England on tenant eviction: assured shorthold tenancies, including eviction notices, Section 21, Section 8, accelerated possession, possession orders, bailiffs  
    • good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Sparkie,

Many thanks for posting your letter. It is very clear and concise. I understand since May this year Swift cannot sell the PPI anymore. I believe also they are not taking on any more new customers.

I'm keeping up with developments on CAG, and thank you for your time and dedication which has given hope to those suffering from Swift.

Termi

Good morning all

I have had some difficulties with Swift.....:mad:

Briefly, I took out a loan with them in 2006, for £15,000 and it was secured on my home.

I sent the SAR to them recently and received a copy of the application form, the agreement and the welcome letter.

However, the amount to be paid equates to £16,500, according to their correspondence.

Now for the interesting bit - for various reasons, I got divorced and ended up agreeing to repay the Swift loan from my share of the sale proceeds. Swift attended the FDR proceedings during the Divorce, but left after 5 minutes when the DJ announced that there would be an Order for sale of the property made during that hearing. (This is perfectly normal). No payments have been made to Swift for some time, due to the divorce.

No annual statement of account has ever been received from Swift.

The property has been on the market for almost 2 years, and various people have wanted to buy but couldn't due to their own financial problems (couldn't sell their own place, couldn't get mortgages and so on..), Swift then decided that they wanted to act as an Intervenor in my Divorce proceedings. They made application and this was heard last Monday by the Deputy DJ at my local CC.

I showed the lady Counsel for Swift my copy agreement, welcome letter and application, and she said ' this is not right, Swift cannot deduct fees from a loan, give you the balance, and then add back the fees deducted. There must be a mistake.......' I did tell her that there were moves towards a class action against her clients, and some 250-300 people may be involved....she said 'I will tell my clients....I just cannot believe their (her clients') attitude.' This is from THEIR Counsel!!

The DJ whilst looking at my witness statement last Monday said 'I note that there is a difference between the amount which you applied for and the amount which Swift say you agreed to repay. This may affect Swift's position in these matters as they may not have an equitable interest, in view of this discrepancy.'

I told him that I am dealing with that situation, and that I anticipate having the agreement revisited in Court in due course.

His response was 'I assume under the CCA 1978?' My response was 'Yes sir, that is my intention.'

He refused the application by Swift (but allowed them to be joined into the Matrimonial proceedings (perfectly normal request where a loan is secured against the matrimonial home) and has stated on the Order that 'Swift might have an equitable interest in the property in this case, and the balance of their application to be adjourned to the first open date after 10th August 2009.'

Swift's application for costs was refused.

I note that it seems Swift may have used a broker called Central Capital...has anyone heard of them?

I am determined that Swift will not have an equitable interest, and that I will succeed in getting the agreement declared void...watch this space......:cool:

Please, any help you want to give, wish to give, or would like to contribute will be more than welcome.

OK that's it for now.....I just want to say 'Let's do to them what they've been doing to us, only we will do it with the Law on our side.'

Best wishes to all

Dougal

• Haha 1

I have had a reply from John Webster Managing Director of Swift to my e-mail to him I sent him copies of the 2 emails I sent Swift ....got this today.This is the other e-mail.

sparkie

To

Mathew Payne

Swift Legal Dept

Dear Sir,

Further to my last e-mail I wish to advise that I am now in possession of 4 Swift secured loan agreements wherein all charges and fees have been added to and included in the Total Loan ........and 4 Swift secured Loan agreements wherein the fees and charges separated from the Total Loan.

I am in the process of obtaining quite a few more of these contradictory agreements.

Mr White and Mr Falkowski told the Recorder in my recent Court case that these fees and charges cannot be added to the principle loan for reason Swift are barred from doing so by statute law.

Quote from Mr White oral submissions under oath, taken from my judgement summary.

Mr White said

Regulations deny a creditor the option of adding up all the information into one box" further on in the same breath "the brokers fees are stated in the Other Financial Information Box, there is no one figure which shows the total lending"

I submit this is/was a known false misleading statement made deliberately to mislead the Court, as Mr White being Risk Manger of Swift must be physically and directly involved in processing of these loan agreements, that do include these charges and fees and which are the shown as a total lending as he put it in one box, and ones that do not include these fees and charges contrary to his statement made under oath under oath.

In two of these agreements even the borrowers PPI Insurance has been added to show a Total Loan Amount in one Box

I therefore wish you to clarify why they have been added and included in some cases and not in others, I am sure the OFT will require you to clarify that, as I am making the OFT aware of exactly what Swift are doing in their Possession proceedings with and under these different agreements.

I am also sending a copy of this e-mail and my previous one to you, to your Mr John Webster, as ultimately under Corporate Law he would be responsible for all and any wrongdoings and ask him also to clarify exactly what Swift are doing.

Copy to J[email protected]

Your sincerely

Dear Mr XXXX

I am writing to let you know that my letter of response is in the post to you today.

Yours sincerely

John Webster

Edited by Sparkie1723

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

What we have here is a prima facie case EDIT by Swift Advances plc, on a very large scale.

It is therefore essential that all documents are collected by one source, and in view of the very serious nature of these offences, I recommend copying all documents in your possession and forwarding them to the Serious Organised Crime Agency,PO Box 8000,London,SE11 5EN. The 24/7 telephone number for SOCA is 0370 496 7622. Their website CLEARLY indicates that they will deal with matters of this nature. See :SOCA | Serious Organised Crime Agency.

The way forward in the Civil Courts is very limited and fraught with too many unknown parameters (DJ's who don't know exactly what he Law says, Counsel who are too clever for mere mortals like myself to follow, and so on...)

It has to be the Criminal Courts in order for this to be stopped, but of course once the Criminal Case is commenced then Civil Litigation may be started in earnest!

My sincere best wishes to you all

Dougal

Edited by caro
Removing potentially libellous comment which could cause problems for the site

Someone is going to have to spell it out to me. Because swift have charged title indemnity insurance twice on 2cnd and 3rd remortgaging is that the kind of thng someone needs to be told.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Hi Overdone,

I hope you get clarification on this thread shortly concerning title indemnity taken twice. It doesn't sound right to me.Good to make contact with you again in virtual land!

Thank you KB for the link.

Thank you Dougal for information.

Had a reply from Mr Strickley at Swift to my letter to Mr Nettleingham on post 605....here is what he has said.

sparkie

I refer to your email of 17 June 2009.

I acknowledge the comments you have raised however I believe we have adhered to the Subject Access Request you submitted in full.

The remaining issues you have raised have been passed to our solicitors to respond.

Yours sincerely

Tony Strickley

Compliance Officer

Swift Group

Tel: 0845 072 9010

and my reply to him

Dear Mr Strickley

Re Subject Data Access Request,

Having clarified the situation with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), you are obliged to supply any and all records of emails, telephone transcripts of any and all telephone conversations recorded for any purpose what so ever , that also includes ones made for training purposes, and any document by which we can be recognised, the ICO has advised me to request this data once more. This also should include any and all data that been passed to third parties ( which of course will include Olympian Finance) failing that I am advised to seek an enforced subject data access by way of a Court order. In the mean time I am to submit a formal complaint to the ICO

I therefore request again that you comply with my request.

Yours sincerely

Someone is going to have to spell it out to me. Because swift have charged title indemnity insurance twice on 2cnd and 3rd remortgaging is that the kind of thng someone needs to be told.

Hi overdone...

This would be another fee that you could claim back ...I'm pretty sure they can't charge you twice for this, as all you did was get another loan the indemnity insurance was already in place....all this insurance indemnifies is if there is something wrong with the title deeds and can't repossess your house and sell it on......they get their money through this insurance..........they already knew about this from your other mortgage, was there any difference in the cost of the insurances?? That might give us a clue

sparkie

Hi overdone...

This would be another fee that you could claim back ...I'm pretty sure they can't charge you twice for this, as all you did was get another loan the indemnity insurance was already in place....all this insurance indemnifies is if there is something wrong with the title deeds and can't repossess your house and sell it on......they get their money through this insurance..........they already knew about this from your other mortgage, was there any difference in the cost of the insurances?? That might give us a clue

sparkie

Both £135. On each occasion

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

I reckon they must do this on a % basis of the loan amount.[/quot

I don't think so I have copies of agreements from 27K to 118K all title indemnity showing as £135.

Claim it back overdone.......are you sending a summary to that select committee ? ....I've nearly finished mine and then off it goes ...as many folks having trouble with Swift should do it straight away, another way to get them sorted.

sparkie

Hi 42 man,

That sounds like another point to raise if you are sending letter to the Treasury Committee.

I will aim to send a letter to the TC Sparkie. As I mentioned before you are free to use my docs for evidence at any time.

Hi determinator,

I do not think they want documents only a 3000 word summary of how they have treated you and others...I am using references to members agreements I have copies of....as many as possible should write to this committee ....and if its similar to the Banking committee...they will call Swift Directors to Parliament for a grilling at another sitting of the Committee when they have studied all the complaints.

The chairmanman John McFaul is no mug, and he is not very keen on Bankers of any description.

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

I have now completed my summary to send to The Treasury Committee.

At the end of it I have directed them to the CAG Swift Threads, does anyone disagree me with me doing this?.... Not sending it untill I have a few comments on Yes or No.

I think it is a good way to give them a lot of info about the way Swift are acting.

sparkie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks