• Tweets

• now do you want help or just come here to rant at the 1st chance. is this indictive of why you have this issue with BG? there isn't one really just you being pedantic? now give us a chance to decide lets have some info. we don't accept .jpg picture files as they are displayed directly to screen whereby anyone members or not can see them, hence we require a multipage pdf properly redacted. theres a good upload guide to read on that. so ball is your court... we still would help our worst enemy regardless . dx
    • doh sorry was on phone screen. i think thats all ok,  let @AndyOrch confirm 1st please. dx  
    • Same date as poc then i dont like the agreement either, it just smells to me, but i can't find a like one of that era to compare against. this is only 10yrs old, so weight that up, i'd say enforceable & most are from the ear as a whole here. it cant be a recon as they must state so, and it wouldn't/doesn't need to have a tickbox+typed name to be so either. >80% loss if you go fwd, unless you can pay the CCJ within 30 days of judgement in FULL, might be time to consider a tomlin/consent, as much as i hate link, if you don't want to gamble on a very small chance of a win or can't pay within 30 days if you lose. what date is the hearing? dx    
    • Hi T911 and welcome to CAG. As you say, an interesting screw up. So much for quality control! Anyway, our regular advice is to ignore all of their increasingly threatening missives... UNLESS you get a letter of claim, then come back here and we'll help you write a "snotty letter" to help them decide whether to take it any further with their stoopid pics. If you get mail you're unsure of, just upload it for the team to have a look.
    • Thanks @lolerzthat's an extremely helpful post. There is no mention of a permit scheme in the lease and likewise, no variation was made to bring this system in. I recall seeing something like a quiet enjoyment clause, but will need to re-read it and confirm. VERY interesting point on the 1987 Act. There hasn't been an AGM in years and I've tried to get one to start to no avail. However, I'll aim to find out more about how the PPC was brought in and revert. Can I test with you and others on the logic of not parking for a few months? I'm ready to fight OPS, so if they go nuclear on me then surely it doesn't matter? I assume that I will keep getting PCNs as long as I live here, so it doesn't make sense for me to change the way that I park?  Unless... You are suggesting that having 5 or so outstanding PCNs, will negatively affect any court case e.g. through bad optics? Or are we trying to force their hand to go to court with only 2 outstanding PCNs?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning all,

Swift Advances plc do not hold a Consumer credit licence. I believe this may give them great difficulty in pursuing debts, but I'm researching that.

Best wishes

Dougal

Sorry evryone I was hoping against hope ...BUT I found out they do ...it took me a long while of digging and searching...but I found it ...so that's out of the intray....

Their licence Number is 0391618 and it is a full and complete one with two "minor mistakes" on it

Apologies for misleading folks. But we have some more ammo in transit at the moment ...which could be very interesting.

sparkie

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Completely agree Sparkie.....if they are saying THEY pay brokers fees and then claim back this against tax, then i'd say this could be a highly questionable practice.....very interesting...

The exact words from their Directors report says

" Fees and commissions payable mainly relate tp broker amortisation. This increased to 19.2m in 2008 (2007 £14.7) reflecting the growth in the loan book".

English dictionary meaning ....payments of debts or liabilities.

[EDIT]

sparkie

Edited by alanfromderby

Just spotted a VERY VERY interesting entry also..now get this

" The company has entered into interest rate cap contract to provide a hedge against increases in interest rates"

This means that they are completely out of order increasing our interest rate on the agreements to "refelect the cost of their borrowing" the cost of their borrowing never goes up...because their interest rate is capped /fixed.

What about that then folks???:(;):)

sparkie

I have just told most of this to my solicitor.....................he nearly fell off his chair and said that is "Manner from Heaven" to him ....he's got straight on to it doing some serious investigating..Heavy stuff he said:D:D:D

sparkie

This is what it says in the Directors report of Swift Advances Plc 2007 to 2008 accounts lodged with Companies House.

19.2 million was paid in fees and commission to Brokers

This completely contradicts what Mark White ( who should change his name to "Cilla's" stage name BLACK") said under oath in my Court case, that Swift do not pay commission to Brokers.

regencycommission3 picture by overdone1 - Photobucket

Well my brokers (Regency) did not declare a commission had been paid to them until after the deal was signed. My letter (R/D) to Regency, dated 12 May 2009, about the amount, to confirm, was never replied to.

Two days ago I wrote to Swift for a refund of two payments, each of £135 for title indemnity Insurance. (R/D). They have not replied yet but I wanna see how they wriggle out of that.

Edited by overdone
clarity

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

also are connected with each other, in fact all are in the same Building and are linked through the directors

Swift Advances Plc Arcadia House 01277-359420

Companies House

Registration Number: 1800474

Swift 1ST Ltd. Arcadia House 0845-074-8811

Companies House

Registration Number: 5020019

Kestrel Holdings Ltd. Arcadia House 08450-748811

Companies House

Registration Number: 5055802

Kestrel Acquisitions Ltd. Arcadia House Tel ????

Companies House

Registration Number: 5055827

Kestrel Loans No 1 Ltd. Arcadia House Tel ?????

Companies House

Registration Number: 5143638

Kestrel Loans No 3 Ltd. Arcadia House Tel ???

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Back on Brokers fees that Swift say in their Directors report THEY PAY THEM at least they have claimed them back off the taxman.

I have therefore written to HMRC and asked them to get clarification as to the complete breakdown of fee they have paid to brokers and commission they have paid to brokers what percentages to what brokers ..i.e the list of brokers names and the sums paid and on what dates.

Its all very well Swift saying to us borrowers we are not giving you documents such as underwriting sheet title indemity etc etc ...lets see them tell HMRC you are not seeing this or you are not seeing that:D:D

What folks must realise is the impact on all the loan agreements Swift have out if they have claimed our brokers fees as a tax concession.........everyone is void because of unlawful transactions on the agreement itself. You have paid the brokers fees and Swift have claimed to HMRC that they have paid them ....very very dodgy dealings afoot

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

To whom it may concern.... hopefully you have googled this and came across a name you know, or one of your workmates knows something.

I am not into those friends united or facebook etc, here is just a few surnames of a few people I am trying to track and possible friends who worked at, still do, or even know some of these contacts,

I have a friend possibly already has been in touch with most of these contacts however if you think you can help sure give her a buzz on 07542391940 leave a wee message someone will get back to you

Rosenberg , Barwick, woolcott , Webster , Gateley, White, Strictley, Roach, Myers, Stubbs, Northern Trust Fiduciary Service Guernsey Ltd, Kestrel Holdings Ltd, Kestrel Acquisitions Ltd, Alchemy Partners Nominees , Alchemy Partners `Guernsey` Ltd , Kestrel Advances Ltd, Indico Capital IV Limited Partnership Sunny Lo Ingram, Slade , Ally Swift Advanves Plc, Swift 1st Limited, Kestrel Loans No 1 Limited Jumping developments ltd, just a few off the top of my head oh and `Sam` havent heard from you lately??

Edited by pkelly

They claimed over 14 million in 2006/2007 and over 19 million in 2007/2008 so overdones, landys, and a lot of others can consider that their Swift agreementt could and most likely is void.

sparkie

Just noticed on my letter from Regency Brokers that the commission they receive was decalred to me about 3 weeks before the mortgage was completed. I signed the original agreement 5 weeks before the mortgage was completed. Therefor, regency notified me about their commision after signing. This does, I understand, affect the legal standing in my favour?

Edited by overdone
clarity

Back on Brokers fees that Swift say in their Directors report THEY PAY THEM at least they have claimed them back off the taxman.

I have therefore written to HMRC and asked them to get clarification as to the complete breakdown of fee they have paid to brokers and commission they have paid to brokers what percentages to what brokers ..i.e the list of brokers names and the sums paid and on what dates.

Its all very well Swift saying to us borrowers we are not giving you documents such as underwriting sheet title indemity etc etc ...lets see them tell HMRC you are not seeing this or you are not seeing that:D:D

What folks must realise is the impact on all the loan agreements Swift have out if they have claimed our brokers fees as a tax concession.........everyone is void because of unlawful transactions on the agreement itself. You have paid the brokers fees and Swift have claimed to HMRC that they have paid them ....very very dodgy dealings afoot

sparkie

Hi Sparkie,

I like your style, BUT will HMRC give you the info you want? Is it not privileged information and therefore protected?

I am not sure of the position HMRC are in at his point and was hoping you could help me?

MY own thoughts/track concern Mr Matthew Payne, and I am sure that a correctly worded letter to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) may well give him some long deserved ( and I am sure unwelcome) investigation.

What do you think?

All the best

Dougal

In today's Guardian Richard Alderman new Serious Fraud Office Chief is quoted as saying he insisted there was no complex fraud he would shy away from, and that the SFO was already very focused – in combination with the Financial Services Authority and the Serious and Organised Crime Agency – on the lightly regulated hedge fund industry. Hopefully this will extend to companies like Swift.

Got some good news today re reporting to serious crime squad..........there will be things aready afoot with them, in the near future!!!!!

good on ya mate pity they would not contact someone in our wee group, we know a lot they dont could you suggest this

Evening all,

As an ex Police Officer would you anyone like me to make the initial approach to the SFO?

I would be honoured and delighted to start the ball rolling.......

Best wishes to all

Dougal

Evening all,

As an ex Police Officer would you anyone like me to make the initial approach to the SFO?

Best wishes to all

Dougal

I am all on for that, could not be better, we would trust you no problem

Edited by pkelly

Evening all,

Best wishes to all

Dougal

Hi Dougal:)

That sounds like a great idea - count me in!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Just noticed on my letter from Regency Brokers that the commission they receive was decalred to me about 3 weeks before the mortgage was completed. I signed the original agreement 5 weeks before the mortgage was completed. Therefor, regency notified me about their commision after signing. This does, I understand, affect the legal standing in my favour?

Does anyone remember the piece of case law where a judge says, commission to a broker, is a conflict of interest? Also, another case where the judge defines where "Secret Commission" applies? I want to write a letter to Swift to try and reclaim this, because I think I have a case. I think I found it. Post 494.

Edited by overdone
add info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks